The Chinese Engine Build

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This set up is lighter than the Manley SVT rods and Forged JE pistons in the aluminum engine, BUT it is RPM that kills motors. It is a cubed function, twice the RPM is not twice the strain. Ford made the design to taper off at 4600 RPM in the intake, heads and even the Eaton blower used in the Cobra for a reason. Big difference between a 4.6 and Flatplane design.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not even in the car yet..I walk by it 20 times a day. I am waiting to sell the forged aluminum Trick Flow engine in the car. After 3000 views on eBay no takers. I had 5 good hits but their cars were so messed up they had more to solve than just needing a new motor. Engine runs great and is just right with 375 HP. ready for a blower of your choice...
But I want the Chinese motor in, and the wife is bugging me bad to get on it so I think I pull the Trick Flow and part it out.
Stay tuned..

d.garza18

Reaction score
Not even in the car yet..I walk by it 20 times a day. I am waiting to sell the forged aluminum Trick Flow engine in the car. After 3000 views on eBay no takers. I had 5 good hits but their cars were so messed up they had more to solve than just needing a new motor. Engine runs great and is just right with 375 HP. ready for a blower of your choice...
But I want the Chinese motor in, and the wife is bugging me bad to get on it so I think I pull the Trick Flow and part it out.
Stay tuned..
can’t wait to hear how it all turns out! Definitely an interesting build. And wow 375hp out of the 2v

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It will be fine, lower HP, I say 280 RWHP with the small cams but with higher compression it will sound sharp and poppen. I will put the AC back in the car for the wife and change the seat angle for her.
I just got to get on the swap..I have been rebuilding a VW R32 which is very complicated car that does not tolerate shortcuts but what a GO-cart...
Then add Hurricane Dorrian to my life, I am at ground zero in Buxton and the TV is full of shit, one firehouse meter broke at 134 and the other firehouse meter broke at 130 MPH. My roof ridge vent blew off and I had 53 foot long hole into my living room. They do not use ridge vents down here and my house was built before learning curve. I am mad.. I keep my stuff right tight and strak and this town is the most independent souls I have known, we hate the outside world and now I have to play the game. It is a matter of personal pride here to stay ready. It blows over 100 here several times a year and the Noreasters in the winter last for days. People like how clean this place is when they visit and if you had a 6 foot deep enema every year your town would be clean too. Most of the time 6 feet of water under the house means get out the crab traps. I have seen many blows come through here in the 19 years I have had this place and this flood zone is called 1X = deadly for idiots, after a blow the Feds come and look at the damage and decide with the state if your place is condemned or not. The 2 Mc mansions behind me got condemned, which is good, If you want that kind of a house move to Duck or Corolla where they last, down here I am 60 miles out in the ocean which is why the storms are frequent. I have seen 3 eye walls pass over head for the storms I have been here for. Anything up to 75 mph is just a normal day and likely to be clear and sunny at the same time. Like most places when it is nice it is glorious and when it isn't it is intense. No place for snowflakes and many people hate the constant wind and never come back.
IMG_20170903_125726-D.jpg

Here is a pic of my bad ass little yellow boat I built out. I picked the hull I wanted and went to the factory and bought a stripped unfinished blank and got out of having all the crap they build in resulting in a much less draft which is the key around here. I put in retractable cleats and flush brackets for a carbon push pole I made. I did stick steering and made an offset engine bracket. Got rid of the center console and battery box taking up too much room and used an Evinrude E-Tec 30 rather than the 60 Merc this comes with to get it as light as possable.
I would like to thank all the other industrial artists on this board for sharing their skills and showing how to do custom work. I have learned a lot.

d.garza18

Reaction score
It will be fine, lower HP, I say 280 RWHP with the small cams but with higher compression it will sound sharp and poppen. I will put the AC back in the car for the wife and change the seat angle for her.
I just got to get on the swap..I have been rebuilding a VW R32 which is very complicated car that does not tolerate shortcuts but what a GO-cart...
Then add Hurricane Dorrian to my life, I am at ground zero in Buxton and the TV is full of shit, one firehouse meter broke at 134 and the other firehouse meter broke at 130 MPH. My roof ridge vent blew off and I had 53 foot long hole into my living room. They do not use ridge vents down here and my house was built before learning curve. I am mad.. I keep my stuff right tight and strak and this town is the most independent souls I have known, we hate the outside world and now I have to play the game. It is a matter of personal pride here to stay ready. It blows over 100 here several times a year and the Noreasters in the winter last for days. People like how clean this place is when they visit and if you had a 6 foot deep enema every year your town would be clean too. Most of the time 6 feet of water under the house means get out the crab traps. I have seen many blows come through here in the 19 years I have had this place and this flood zone is called 1X = deadly for idiots, after a blow the Feds come and look at the damage and decide with the state if your place is condemned or not. The 2 Mc mansions behind me got condemned, which is good, If you want that kind of a house move to Duck or Corolla where they last, down here I am 60 miles out in the ocean which is why the storms are frequent. I have seen 3 eye walls pass over head for the storms I have been here for. Anything up to 75 mph is just a normal day and likely to be clear and sunny at the same time. Like most places when it is nice it is glorious and when it isn't it is intense. No place for snowflakes and many people hate the constant wind and never come back.
IMG_20170903_125726-D.jpg

Here is a pic of my bad ass little yellow boat I built out. I picked the hull I wanted and went to the factory and bought a stripped unfinished blank and got out of having all the crap they build in resulting in a much less draft which is the key around here. I put in retractable cleats and flush brackets for a carbon push pole I made. I did stick steering and made an offset engine bracket. Got rid of the center console and battery box taking up too much room and used an Evinrude E-Tec 30 rather than the 60 Merc this comes with to get it as light as possable.
I would like to thank all the other industrial artists on this board for sharing their skills and showing how to do custom work. I have learned a lot.
Yikes sounds like quite the area. Glad all is well though man. Ever do any fishing there?

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It has begun..
I was at Best Buy yesterday in Collage Park and a co-ed in a black New Edge drove by with paper tags on the car so she just got it, sounded great. Made the decision right there to start on the engine swap today.
Got the exhaust off, drive shaft out, trans fluid out, engine oil out, antifreeze out, found a leak in the Moroso oil catch can system that was making the idle rough, started to tear down the top end. Maybe it will be out tomorrow, I can only work for about 5 hours hard a day on cars or I will needing time off for resting my back.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Her car sounded great but not as good as mine. My WAP engine runs great, BUT I got this other engine I built sitting ... doing nothing...I walk by it all day long, will it run? How good? Smooth? Time to find out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Why did a college kid make you pull your engine out?

I ain’t mad, just questioning lol.
If I had to guess, she was wearing a short skirt and was hot and single and when he told her about his car she said a car like that would drop her panties in a second. bowchickawowow...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Her car sounded great but not as good as mine. My WAP engine runs great, BUT I got this other engine I built sitting ... doing nothing...I walk by it all day long, will it run? How good? Smooth? Time to find out.

You know the engine is going to run good, you’re putting it together. I will say, I’m excited to see how this turns out.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I balanced the pistons and rods to 1/10 of a gram and the the rotating assembly was done by Crank Shaft Grinding Co. and I have never used there before so I am going to find out if they are good?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Now that’s interesting. I wonder how well it really works. Do you know folks that have used it or is this something you’ve been wanting to try?

50HSN95

Reaction score
Thats some interesting stuff. I think they were a bit high on the "cost to ceramic coat headers" on their web site however interesting product none the less. Be interested to see how it is from a product durability standpoint.

delling3

Reaction score
I’ve used jet hot for exhaust manifolds. More for cosmetics than functionality. What are your goals with these manifolds? Unless you are doing the whole exhaust I can’t imagine a functional benefit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online