the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh hell you are close huh?! Bags are grey now, been switching stuff over to black though so either/any really as I am not afraid to paint them black.

Marvin97

Reaction score
Just let me know what all you need exactly and i'm sure we can meet on a price, this stuff's taking up space and I need the funds to finish the new project

chris91

Reaction score
Radiator look into Fluidyne or Griffon. Both are high dollar units and you can't go wrong with either.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Radiator look into Fluidyne or Griffon. Both are high dollar units and you can't go wrong with either.

this for sure.

I went with LFP. I was disappointed to see the "made in china" sticker on the bottom, but it's still a quality product.

That that I know it's chinese, I'd go with Afco. Fluidyne is another heavy-hitter.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just let me know what all you need exactly and i'm sure we can meet on a price, this stuff's taking up space and I need the funds to finish the new project

bumper cover, foam under it, headlight panel, core support, radiator, airbags, airbag sensors, airbag module, fan

Marvin97

Reaction score
bumper cover, foam under it, headlight panel, core support, radiator, airbags, airbag sensors, airbag module, fan

I have the headlight panel, radiator airbags, airbag sensors. I have a core support as well but it'll have to be cut out. Pm me with an offer and we can go from there. I have a slim SPAL fan with a fan controller as well.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have the headlight panel, radiator airbags, airbag sensors. I have a core support as well but it'll have to be cut out. Pm me with an offer and we can go from there. I have a slim SPAL fan with a fan controller as well.
Found a good deal on a roller locally that has all the parts so I went with it, they are also delivering it. Will have everything I need with it short of the core support.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pulled my old-blue truck in front of the mustang and got the come-along out.

16283389_large.jpg

Was surprised how easy it was and before long I had it pulled out enough to get the rad/condenser out. Figured no time like the present with the nice weather so I cut the fender off too.
16283387_large.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Also reconsidering the welding of the fender back on. Might need access to back there again either for the wiring I will be tucking back there or who knows what. I think I will cut it just above the rocker. Just make a nice/straight cut and then have the new fender end there also with a nice straight cut. If I need too I will weld a small support piece behind the upper portion for it to rest on to keep it stable but I think with the bend of the fender by the door ad the wheel well that it should be stiff enough to not need it. I will just make sure the two pieces line up close enough that it will not draw attention or look bad.

So ah.......... Whats next? In all seriousness I really don't know. I pulled the hood-release cable through so I can tuck it and the rest of the wires I ran so I know what to do with them but I am really not sure what I all need to do. I want to get the scott rod panels so do I just nix the windshield reservoir completely or is there a way to mount it somewhere else? I want to put the stock fuse panel behind the fender, but leave an access door to still get to them and the washer fluid is right there....

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a buddy that use to buy salvaged cars and rebuild/flip them for some time. He did a number of sn's as well so it was even better. When he walked up and saw the damage he was amazed they totaled it as he pointed out the bumper crush zones had not even been touched. He reminded me of a couple of the mustangs he fixed and then showed where the core support/fenders were pushed back on those cars and mine is minimal compaired to his. Pulled the bumper off and some other little stuff and now its ready to go to the frame shop which he also has a hook-up with after all the cars he did. Hopefully can get it off to the shop this week and get the parts car just in time to get everything back together and finish the wire tuck/engine bay smoothing/cleaning.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
16284839_large.jpg

16284838_large.jpg

Got tired of it being hard to read the numbers on the wrenches so I got some touch-up paint and took care of that.
16284841_large.jpg

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Oh man thats such a good idea. Idk why the tool manufacturers don't do that. It is fuking annoying trying to read that shit, and I don't wear glasses

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
In ALL honesty... Judging by the pictures it looks as tho that is totally re workable...... Get yourself a rubber mallet so as to not do too much damage, and see if you can knock that back into shape...

And definitely a great idea with the wrenches!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh man thats such a good idea. Idk why the tool manufacturers don't do that. It is fuking annoying trying to read that shit, and I don't wear glasses

its funny as I was squinting to see the numbers on the wrench and then looked at the bottle of touch up paint as I walked back to the car. Stopped dead in my tracks and you could almost have heard me thinking aloud as I looked at the bottle again, looked down at the wrench, back at the bottle. A little alcohol to be sure the oils are off of it, a tissue to wipe off the excess and yer done. You could probably even use yer girls finger nail polish.....

In ALL honesty... Judging by the pictures it looks as tho that is totally re workable...... Get yourself a rubber mallet so as to not do too much damage, and see if you can knock that back into shape...

And definitely a great idea with the wrenches!

I had a hard time keeping my buddy from grabbing the hammer. He wanted to straighten the core support out to see and I told him I would be replacing it anyway. I can remember watching him pull frames out by chaining it to a large tree in his yard and putting the car in reverse. There was a couple of reasons I would not buy one of his salvages, that and the "extra parts bucket" were in the top 3 for sure....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online