The "shineboxxx" Project

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah i changed my mind about the projectors. Might just get some black smoked cobra style headlights. I'm gonna lower it a little bit when I get new rims and tires. But that won't be for awhile though, maybe I'll get some $$ for graduation idk lol.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I would but idk if I'm gonna need c/c plates or not. I want maybe a 1" drop all around to be safe. These roads are terrible here and anything over an inch drop I might aswell junk my car lol

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
i don't have them and I've been told i shouldn't worry about it right away, so i think you'll be fine.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds good maybe I'll buy em when I start workin in a couple weeks. Get to do mobile detailing + do my own detailing on the side lol

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
just cut them dude. i haven't noticed any difference in ride quality since i cut mine. not worth the extra change if i can do it for free. wrap the bottom of the spring in electrical tape and get rid of the bottom iso's too if yours are shot.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
@MC- hopefully getting my electric exhaust cut outs installed. Thats really want I want to do first. Exterior wise once it gets warmer out I'm putting a pair of new edge gt fender badges on, stainless steel bumper letter inserts, paint my calipers red, plasti dip my wheels black. Other than that idk yet.
Belb I just might cut them idk lol, what tools do you need? My dads got a bazillion tools so shouldn't be an issue, car needs to be on jack stands too right?

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
alllllways use jack stands dude. if the jack gives out, either your whole hub assembly's fcuked or you're squished lol.

and a couple different sized sockets, breaker bar, dremel/cutoff wheel, coat hangar (for the calipers), and a spring compressor if you wanna be extra safe. i didn't use one, but you can if you don't feel comfortable letting the pressure off with a jack. oh and maybe a mallet if a bolts stuck. and shit ton of pbblaster

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lol i should have most of that. I got like 10 jackstands to choose from so I'm good there lol. This might be on my list to do, but hopefully I can come across some used lowering springs for cheap. thanks belb

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
yepper man. just curious.. why not just cut them? it's cheaper than cheap lowering springs that you don't know the history of

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Idk if my dad would let me, I want to put my own shocks and struts in and springs. He said its better off that the mechanic does it. I'd be doing it myself since he works all the time. I guess i could try it though, I'll definately keep this as a thought though

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
mustang springs are safer to cut than a lot of other cars. they're fairly forgiving as long as you don't heat them too much and change the spring rate.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lowering your car doesn't mean you HAVE to run camber plates. I'm lowered 2.75" in the front and still don't have CC plates.
Only downside is that only my toe can be adjusted right now. Caster and camber are both maxed and non-adjustable until I get new ones.

Oh and my front tires wear pretty badly. But I don't care about that. I run cheap tires on the front to begin with.
You can get away with lowering your car 1" or so without ever needing CC plates though.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds good guys. I'll either cut em or when I get some $$ I'll buy some c springs I gotta see

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Lookin at buyin an eibach pro kit, eibach sway bars and j&m rear lcas pretty soon. Forgot i had some $$$ stashed strictly for car parts lol. 4x4 stance will be gone soon!!

95opal

Reaction score
Lookin at buyin an eibach pro kit, eibach sway bars and j&m rear lcas pretty soon. Forgot i had some $$$ stashed strictly for car parts lol. 4x4 stance will be gone soon!!

I have a set of eibach pros with a 1/2 coil off the front. PM me if your interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online