apsmith49921

Reaction score
The coyote is a pretty good motor imo. Love to do a restomod with one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Restomod coyote do look good!

A buddy acquired his dads 64 falcon. Beautiful car! Black, 5spd, 302 carb'd, procharged.....sweet ride. When he acquired it, he swapped out the engine in favor for the coyote and thats no easy task! The shock towers had to be removed. Sheet metal to cover up the holes. A different front end had to be installed. Spent a bunch of money on it doing it right! The thing looked awesome! And he only did the swap cause his best friend is one of the top drag racers of coyote stock nmra. Im sure he convinced him into it.

After driving the car, getting its feel for awhile....he didnt like it. Said it wasnt a push rod 302! So....what does he do? Swaps out the coyote for a carb'd 302.....and not back to the original 302 either. A nasty built one by him.

He claims the coyote didnt have the same sound. Personally i think he is nuts, but its his car!

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Tbh I really just want to go to the junk yard buy a 302 and rebuild it lol. I've always wanted to build an engine. Closes I got was swapping the heads in my mach 1 onto a new short block. Pulled entire trans and engine from the car had a nasty built 4R with a 3k stall and never even got to drive it. Short block ended up being trash.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tbh I really just want to go to the junk yard buy a 302 and rebuild it lol. I've always wanted to build an engine. Closes I got was swapping the heads in my mach 1 onto a new short block. Pulled entire trans and engine from the car had a nasty built 4R with a 3k stall and never even got to drive it. Short block ended up being trash.

I have done almost everything else to the motor except built the bottom end but its on the list to be done one day.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Restomod coyote do look good!

A buddy acquired his dads 64 falcon. Beautiful car! Black, 5spd, 302 carb'd, procharged.....sweet ride. When he acquired it, he swapped out the engine in favor for the coyote and thats no easy task! The shock towers had to be removed. Sheet metal to cover up the holes. A different front end had to be installed. Spent a bunch of money on it doing it right! The thing looked awesome! And he only did the swap cause his best friend is one of the top drag racers of coyote stock nmra. Im sure he convinced him into it.

After driving the car, getting its feel for awhile....he didnt like it. Said it wasnt a push rod 302! So....what does he do? Swaps out the coyote for a carb'd 302.....and not back to the original 302 either. A nasty built one by him.

He claims the coyote didnt have the same sound. Personally i think he is nuts, but its his car!

They don’t sound anywhere near the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
you guys all sound like me. the old fart saying everyday why did someone have put plastic on my damn car. Anyways, i'm in the crowd that appreciates the blood sweat and tears someone put in their car to make it theirs. I mean we are living in a pretty crazy era right now with all the hp available from the Factory. It will die sooner than later, but there's a lot of hella fast cars on the road right now. I realized a while back that if you're gonna chase the fast cars and high hp just know that you're gonna pay a lot for it and you're still never going to be the fastest. Depending on the car, 400-500hp is plenty for a street car ( in my opinion)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My next build................

c4ffe62227f2c00a0ee64f79de77fa92.jpg

de3ce958bb1db865b5f7b577226bc40a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkieT

Reaction score
Having recently had major back surgery and about to turn 65, my build days are pretty much over. What few mods I have left to do on my car I guess I'll have to pay a shop for. Bummer.

tinnocker

Reaction score
I know how you feel, Pinkie. I turned 75 last month. I did a few builds after I turned 65 and I have 4 fused discs, but it went real slow. I would talk to myself while I was working and say that if I was working for me, I would fire myself for being so slow. I have a fuel injected 94' GT now and have been thinking about carbing it. I know...don't do it but it's in our blood. Give your back some time to heal. You may be able to do more than you think you can now.

badass98svt

Reaction score
The car culture is alive and well. Kids in there 20s etc are doing amazing things with their coyote powered mustangs. 1000hp+.
LS swaps are still huge too.
They're trying to take our hobby away, but us gear heads are persistent people.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I think bottom line it comes down to the enjoyment of the individual. You wouldn't (at least I hope you wouldn't) do things because you DIDN'T enjoy them.

And what I like someone else might not. I like to wrench on the Slowbra. Others can't even fill their own tires, yes I've seen it. Some people can only have fun in a supercar so they work hard for it... or sell drugs lol. Some people can only have fun in a POS where they have no care if it runs or dies.

Some people restore a shitbox car and it is slow as a snail but the smile it puts on their face driving that old iron down the road is what matters to them.

We're all pretty much the same, with subtle differences.

Truthfully myself, I can't daily the Slowbra (even as nice as it's becoming lately) after tooling around town in my '18 Fusion. The ride quality and the peace of mind driving a newer car with better creature comforts just can't be beat. The Slowbra is just a fun weekend fair-weather sort of experience.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I am happy to report that I’ve hit the nail on the head with my previous post:

I do drive the snot out of my Coyote lol

Broke shit and fixed it a few times too!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I think bottom line it comes down to the enjoyment of the individual. You wouldn't (at least I hope you wouldn't) do things because you DIDN'T enjoy them.

And what I like someone else might not. I like to wrench on the Slowbra. Others can't even fill their own tires, yes I've seen it. Some people can only have fun in a supercar so they work hard for it... or sell drugs lol. Some people can only have fun in a POS where they have no care if it runs or dies.

Some people restore a shitbox car and it is slow as a snail but the smile it puts on their face driving that old iron down the road is what matters to them.

We're all pretty much the same, with subtle differences.

Truthfully myself, I can't daily the Slowbra (even as nice as it's becoming lately) after tooling around town in my '18 Fusion. The ride quality and the peace of mind driving a newer car with better creature comforts just can't be beat. The Slowbra is just a fun weekend fair-weather sort of experience.

"Some people restore a shitbox car and it is slow as a snail but the smile it puts on their face driving that old iron down the road is what matters to them."

LOL! This is me !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online