Unique build.

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Check out the website fulltiltboogieracing. He will tell you the IRS is just fine. You really just have to solve the wheel hop problems and make sure the diff is secure and you can put power down with it. Don't be so quick to dismiss the IRS.

Great pass Adam. How did feel throughout the run?

Don't get me wrong, I love the IRS and I'm not dismissing it. And to be totally honest, I'm still having thoughts about the swap myself. I've driven a lot of well setup IRS cobras/swaps with some of them having the fulltiltboogie kit and it is the cats meow; especially on the road course. I guess what I was trying to say was from what I have seen coming out of my builders shop was at a certain point the IRS was getting swapped out for the SRA drag racing purposes.

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Check out the website fulltiltboogieracing. He will tell you the IRS is just fine. You really just have to solve the wheel hop problems and make sure the diff is secure and you can put power down with it. Don't be so quick to dismiss the IRS.

Great pass Adam. How did feel throughout the run?

it pulled good all the way. I actually hit rev limiter at the top of 4th alittle bit before the finish line. No hop here I have all the parts that stop that.

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love the IRS and I'm not dismissing it. And to be totally honest, I'm still having thoughts about the swap myself. I've driven a lot of well setup IRS cobras/swaps with some of them having the fulltiltboogie kit and it is the cats meow; especially on the road course. I guess what I was trying to say was from what I have seen coming out of my builders shop was at a certain point the IRS was getting swapped out for the SRA drag racing purposes.
That because they don't understand the IRS. See most Sra has anti squat designed into them so the car plants the tires by forcing the rear end down while lifting the back of the car up. The IRS works the opposite where it squats to plant the tires.

I like the IRS because you can have the car slammed and it still work correctly. Where as a Sra slamming them causes it to hit body and work incorrectly causing it to do weird shit.

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Btw if anyone is interested I have no fulltiltboogieracing parts on my car. All prothane bushings and ford racing cover and steeda bump steer kit. Viking double adjustable shocks. No wheel hope and can launch as hard as I want and not have to worry.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Awesome! The IRS I just got has all the poly bushings and a cover brace. I really want to get the ftbr delrin bushings and a good cover but I'll run what it came with for now. You gonna turn the rev limiter up when you get that thing forged?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Btw if anyone is interested I have no fulltiltboogieracing parts on my car. All prothane bushings and ford racing cover and steeda bump steer kit. Viking double adjustable shocks. No wheel hope and can launch as hard as I want and not have to worry.

At first I was like BS... Then I was like "oh, that's right. I sold all the FTBR stuff to someone else."

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Awesome! The IRS I just got has all the poly bushings and a cover brace. I really want to get the ftbr delrin bushings and a good cover but I'll run what it came with for now. You gonna turn the rev limiter up when you get that thing forged?
Nah that day will come with some cnc ported heads with huge valves

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Well the car has been sitting up due to a radiator leak. The only think I could find is the car is twisting. So I ordered a Mishimoto with the stabilizer brackets to help the radiator from twisting itself apart.

I also want to say I got some parts coming from cushman, the man has set me up with a good package to help the motor breath better. I'm hoping it drops boost and I can make the same power I'm making now with less boost. All is will also bring head work, new head gaskets, head studs, and billet oil pump also

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Playing around the other night before I pull the motor to install the cams and do the port work.
[video=youtube_share;3N5RVri-0d8]http://youtu.be/3N5RVri-0d8[/video]

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Its happening this coming week.
1047403c43a86485c14e52adeb2472d9_zpss7yifjus.jpg

Started led on the heads and port matched the spacers and worked the combustion chamber the help deshroud the valve. I worked the intake dam down and back but left most of it. Also cut alittle to help deshroud the valve near the squish pad. Installed cms mod valves and btr .600 lift spring. Jim cushman hooked me up with degree service setting everything to help build boost sooner. My biggest fear the turbo is no longer the right size and I'm gonna have to go up to a s475.
acf6b8d790d8608227dac4e756eb8ed6_zpstmx0ud3d.jpg

67b8ffbdee7c2de463e9bbc6e3251089_zpsrbcjm4ay.jpg

also while inspecting everything I found something broke. The trigger wheel key way was ****ed up and it must of had a .5" of movement in the key way from being stretched out. It's something that been plaguing my tune for awhile with a random falling on it face and then all of a sudden it would light up like a rocket. Mostly in a pedaling situation.

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Ported the heads with the spacers bolted up. Cut back the intake valve shroud and un shrouded all other sharp edges around the valves. Cms modified intake valves. New exhaust oe valves. Brian tooley .600 springs with titanium retainers. Cms stage 2 turbo cams. Iron tensioners. Tss billet oil pump. Arp head studs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online