Update on my build

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
depends on the clearance needed. the best bet is probably spend the less change to have them notch.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
yeah I hear what your saying, and like i said i have never heard a problem with people not being able to run the 3000 for streetable manners. there a multiple guys i know that are in the 400rwhp range that use it with no problems, and the 3000 is the same price as the 2800 so might as well go with something that will never peg for ya

If you're going to use the SCT stuff, go with the "older" 2600s. A lot of the recent stuff has been made in China and tuners are dropping it left and right...less adjustment points and inconsistencies make for a lot of fun on the dyno. Where you really start to see the problems is in the idle and part-throttle stuff.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Vermilion said:
depends on the clearance needed. the best bet is probably spend the less change to have them notch.

believe it or not it will probably be more expensive to notch the pistons than to swap the cams...

If i notch the pistons -- I will have to rip apart the whole motor, cost of notching pistons, replace head gaskets
If i swap cams -- sell these brand new stage 3 blower cams and use this money to buy the cams i need -- swap in and degree/time and done

Got Trq

Reaction score
95PGTTech said:
If you're going to use the SCT stuff, go with the "older" 2600s. A lot of the recent stuff has been made in China and tuners are dropping it left and right...less adjustment points and inconsistencies make for a lot of fun on the dyno. Where you really start to see the problems is in the idle and part-throttle stuff.
Really? That doesn't sound good, what other options are there other than SCT? If you're making big HP the Diablosport doesn't support it... As far as I know, I'm no expert on this aspect, yet :p

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
nah, spoke w/ nick over at mhs and a few other builders and they said that these cams are WAY too big for my setup anyway. I already ripped my heads off, got all my intake valves out....and the plan is to get these cut .030" for some better clearance, and I'm going to go with MHS stage 2 blower cams which are basically the same grinid as CMS stage 2.5 blower cams...wont have to ever touch my bottom end.

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Got Trq said:
95PGTTech said:
Really? That doesn't sound good, what other options are there other than SCT? If you're making big HP the Diablosport doesn't support it... As far as I know, I'm no expert on this aspect, yet :p

I've seen the BA2400 support 650whp on a Whipple'd 03 and still have a bit left in it. The older BA2800s were in the same build and of the same good quality. The problem is the newer Chinese 3000s, 2600s, and 2400s. Honestly, past what power you're going to make through a 2400, you really start to give up some driveability no matter what you go with. You should be really thinking about other options at that point like a BS3.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Well, called bullet racing today and spoke w/ them about what they feel about the situation. Right off the bat he said those VT stage 3 blower cams are rediculously too large for a 281 mod motor in a build like mine. He suggested a 220/230 duration, 531/577 lift, 114lsa custom grind cam, after comparing these cams around they seem to almost be identical to VT's stage 2 blower grinds. And, I got super lucky and am sending my VT stage 3 blower grinds to bullet and they are going to grind me the custom grinds and send the custom grinds to me. So i wont have to touch valves/pistons at all! Just a little down time, but it will be the right cam for the setup.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Got my blower back today from Vortech along w/ new oil feed assembly and 2.95 8 rib blower pulley. I sent my SQ S trim out to be upgraded to the SI model:

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
Well, called bullet racing today and spoke w/ them about what they feel about the situation. Right off the bat he said those VT stage 3 blower cams are rediculously too large for a 281 mod motor in a build like mine. He suggested a 220/230 duration, 531/577 lift, 114lsa custom grind cam, after comparing these cams around they seem to almost be identical to VT's stage 2 blower grinds. And, I got super lucky and am sending my VT stage 3 blower grinds to bullet and they are going to grind me the custom grinds and send the custom grinds to me. So i wont have to touch valves/pistons at all! Just a little down time, but it will be the right cam for the setup.

Nice man, just saw the upadate, you will like the Bullett Race guys, super cool and awesome to talk to.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i have been dealing with a guy, Tim and hes the man, he knows EVERYTHING about cams

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
another piece to the puzzle:
IMG_0252.jpg

On tuesday I will be getting my new bullet racing custom grind cams back from bullet, then i will install/time/degree these and put the motor back together, once this is done the motor can go back in the car and all I have left to buy is fuel, I'm thinking Glennsperformance 1000 hp setup, but we will see. Considering its winter and the car will be getting ready to be finished up and just in time to be put back away, I'm also considering doing AIS stage 2 trunk mount meth setup now while she sits over the winter

hottwheels04

Reaction score
congrats man! badass 2 valve, wish more guys around here had crazy built 2 valves like you, all the car spots I hang out talk so much shit to me and all the gt owners saying only fast mustangs are built 5.0's and new 03 cobras etc and blown new edges, I would love to see them get smoked by a 500+hp sn95 gt, esp a 2 valve!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thanks man, yeah i think thats pretty much every mustang enthusiasts belief, that only fast mustangs are fox bodys or termis. I cant wait to get this on the road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online