Venom 's Build Thread

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
I have learned a lot with the cooling system and I am sure much more to come. I was having a hard time keeping temps in check. After much thinking it seems like you need to keep something very similar to the stock cooling system. I have read countless threads and the first issue is the bypass on the stock system. It is a very big bypass for a reason. Most resort to drilling holes in the thermostat and others have resorted to other methods. I removed my thermostat since I live in a very hot climate . Temps stayed so far under 170d with moderate runs then on idle. I still need to do some more testing and tuning to see how she works out. The good news is that I made my coolant setup flexible where I have lots of options and not married to just one setup. Lets see how it goes. Its also helpful to mount the thermostat as close as possible to the source, your heads.

I picked up this system that helps bleed out air, works great.

IMG_9803_zpsn7ss2egs.jpg

I also got rid of the cheap FP gauge that I've had for this one that I got at a great deal.

IMG_9681_zps8fheamaz.jpg

IMG_9682_zpsjgvnt6wz.jpg

The other issue I had was the cowl hood hitting the wiper arm on the drivers side when opened. Seems like many have this issue and some remove wiper or flip wiper up when the open. For me I did not like to have to mess with any of that. I had ordered a hood shock kit from AM when they had a sale on them some time ago. I soon discovered some issues with fitment which many have reported as well so much they had to redesign it.

I had to notch the main bracket to clear the camber plates and remove some material from section so that the shock sat closer to the underside of the hood. These issues add to the problem of which some were complaining about the back of the hood bulging out.

IMG_9810_zps0u4rdl5h.jpg

Next up was the bracket that attaches to fender. Turns out that the hole was about 1/2" off. This is important as on the fender there is a section which is raised and this bracket can not sit on the raised section of the fender as it will push up on the hood adding to the budge issue. In my case it worked to my advantage as I just drilled another hole which moved the shock to a further back causing it to open less. The hood opens and rests on the wiper arm but not crushing it.

IMG_9809_zpsn24uurll.jpg

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Drove the car for over 1 hour in 92 degree weather. So far everything ok. Temps did not go above 167 most the time hovering around 165 which is when the high fan setting turns on. The oil temp was also good only a few degrees above the water temp. I have yet to go into boost as have to work out some tables.

Water

B3C6C126-2388-4774-8813-624797561933_zps8yva4ofh.jpg

Oil

53F962B7-920A-4A42-9BF9-B2223C4F804F_zps4cu9a7sr.jpg

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Made a bracket for my Fire HD7. Below are some pics on mount that i made out of aluminum. Works really fell as it is double sided. I can flip it to cover radio or mount tablet on opposite side for a full view of everything.

IMG_0101_zpspjftyf42.jpg

IMG_0100_zpsqrfmm0dv.jpg

IMG_0092_zpsise52cyl.jpg

IMG_0098_zpszruq506o.jpg

IMG_0095_zpsppoxfqzr.jpg

IMG_0096_zpsftbipnn3.jpg

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Had ordered these a while bad and finally got around to installing them. Beware they come with wrong bolts. Not sure why they have these large bolts and nuts but I did have correct size to screw into new pin. later on ill get the switch buttons.

C681C364-5822-4E37-9211-2F0216108322_zpsobqfl2wy.jpg

I actually had many friends who could not locate handle, this should take care of that.

2C61D66F-F0BF-41FC-A547-D06827B50F42_zps2brgdc12.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like the tablet but looking at that mount I can't help but think its in just about the worst possible location for the driver in the event the air bag goes off.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
It's going to be most of the time facing me and not in front of airbag area, no worries.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
I like the tablet but looking at that mount I can't help but think its in just about the worst possible location for the driver in the event the air bag goes off.
Looks like the tablet is in the way most of the time lol and would be tempting to leave it on airbag side all the time. Moved it to drivers side on a swivel mount.

5D8E332F-0FE4-480A-A2C9-92319B7DA4A1_zps1xzosqmk.jpg

113FAB90-4601-440F-9EC2-630AAC372A8B_zpst9itrcfm.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You should just go ahead and mold the tablet into a gauge bezel and get it over with. You know you dislike the stock gauges lol

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
You should just go ahead and mold the tablet into a gauge bezel and get it over with. You know you dislike the stock gauges lol

You are right but I got so many things going on that don't want to think about adding extra projects.

Tabres

Reaction score
I was curious if you could provide any information about how you got your Scott Rod panels in place with the engine installed? I know you said you had to move some things around but curious if you could be more specific? I've got a set I'm trying to test fit into my engine bay currently and haven't quite worked out how do do it, yet.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Going on memory. You have to remove everything that the panels will cover plus I believe the fan and possibly radiator. I did have to trim the area that goes towards the radiator support. It's difficult to gauge as there's nothing in the stock locations near my engine bay.

Tabres

Reaction score
Yeah, when I was attempting to fit them in it appeared that I may have to remove the radiator. I also thought I may be able to drill out the rivets holding the two portions together and slide them in separately, set them into place, rivet the pieces back together and then rivet them to the fender. Just have to play with it, I guess. Thanks for the insight!

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
I may have missed it but what hood did you buy and how is the clearance with the Sullivan? I would like the Cervinis or Trufiber 95 Cobra R Hood but worried about clearance. I don't want to space the K Member or hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
I got a 3" Kanean single rise hood from someone on CL for a great deal. It's not going to be the hood I am going to stay with as I keep looking to see if someone local has something a bit lower. With my current setup I can put on a stock Cobra hood. sullivan Intake is no longer an issue with clearance. If anything I have to watch for cold air pipe for clearance. The sullivan intake no longer needs a spacer since I reverse mounted the alternator.

6f38e0c4-bb6c-4fdd-9604-6b4f5b86dcd2_zpsgy3ecweu.jpg

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
I got a 3" Kanean single rise hood from someone on CL for a great deal. It's not going to be the hood I am going to stay with as I keep looking to see if someone local has something a bit lower. With my current setup I can put on a stock Cobra hood. sullivan Intake is no longer an issue with clearance. If anything I have to watch for cold air pipe for clearance. The sullivan intake no longer needs a spacer since I reverse mounted the alternator.

6f38e0c4-bb6c-4fdd-9604-6b4f5b86dcd2_zpsgy3ecweu.jpg

Did you space out the K Member or just reverse the alternator? I need to look over your thread again, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Staff online

Members online