Wet or dry kit

97blackgt

Reaction score
alright so ive decided when/if i sell my fourwheeler im gonna get a few things. PI H/I/C, and nitrous. I was just wondering if you guys could answer a few questions.

Should i get a wet or dry kit? Im thinking of getting a 75 shot MAYBE a 100. Which would be the safer bet over time? More reliable ect. I was thinking wet would be better?

Would 75 be a good idea, or should i go higher or lower?

What kits does anyone here have? Is there a difference between ebay kits and a zex or nos kit?

Keep in mind i wont be jucing it all the time, only for the occasional street race and track.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
id go with a wet kit. it sprays the fuel w/ the n2o instead of bumping the fuel pressure and having the injectors put in the extra fuel. Honestly zex wouldnt be my first choice. they dont make as good of numbers as most. Id look into compucar (lifetime warranty on solenoids), dynotune, tnt, nitrous express etc

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
ok i figured i would go with a wet kit...

my next question is are there different types of wet kits? like fogger, or something else? or is a wet kit a wet kit

would 75 be safe if used once in a whilee?

hoss13

Reaction score
I'm throwing my two cents in for the dry system....much safer for the fine plastic intakes. They don't like fuel puddling.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
hoss13 said:
I'm throwing my two cents in for the dry system....much safer for the fine plastic intakes. They don't like fuel puddling.
im gonna throw mine in for the dry shot too, your gonna get good and bad opinions about both sides, i would get a dry shot cause its easy to install and like hoss said there is no puddling

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
hoss13 said:
im gonna throw mine in for the dry shot too, your gonna get good and bad opinions about both sides, i would get a dry shot cause its easy to install and like hoss said there is no puddling

there are pros about it and cons about it. i personally hate nitrous all together but ive always been told wet shot over dry shot.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
with window switches and other safety items a wet shot would be fine. puddling usually happens when you spray at too low of an rpm

hoss13

Reaction score
yeah, ther is pro's and con's to both, but the dry kits were specifically designed for the EFI cars. I just didn't want to take the chance.

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
well ease of installation and cost dont really matter...im more concerned with performace..i want which ever is 'better' for the engine. im pretty sure i will be getting a wet shot

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
well ease of installation and cost dont really matter...im more concerned with performace..i want which ever is 'better' for the engine. im pretty sure i will be getting a wet shot
you can blow the engine with both of them, as long as you dont run too big of a shot without preparation youll be fine either way

cody0170

Reaction score
im running Nitrous Express wet 100 plate shot. love it but it did crack my factory plastic intake. just make sure you dont hit the powerband and let it backfire thats what happened to me. and i changen my plugs to a 1 step colder. just my 2 cents wet is safer since its for sure mixing fuel with the spray.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Just remember for all the things you need your looking at spending a grand and $40-$50 per refill ?(not many passes per bottle). It's not as cheap as you think and it comes with a healthy payment plan (refills).

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
cody0170 said:
im running Nitrous Express wet 100 plate shot. love it but it did crack my factory plastic intake. just make sure you dont hit the powerband and let it backfire thats what happened to me. and i changen my plugs to a 1 step colder. just my 2 cents wet is safer since its for sure mixing fuel with the spray.

How is a wet kit safer than a dry kit? My NOS kit has a regulator that if fuel pressure drops no nitrous sprays.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online