Wet or dry kit

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by 97blackgt, Apr 12, 2007.

1. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

alright so ive decided when/if i sell my fourwheeler im gonna get a few things. PI H/I/C, and nitrous. I was just wondering if you guys could answer a few questions.

Should i get a wet or dry kit? Im thinking of getting a 75 shot MAYBE a 100. Which would be the safer bet over time? More reliable ect. I was thinking wet would be better?

Would 75 be a good idea, or should i go higher or lower?

What kits does anyone here have? Is there a difference between ebay kits and a zex or nos kit?

Keep in mind i wont be jucing it all the time, only for the occasional street race and track.

2. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

id go with a wet kit. it sprays the fuel w/ the n2o instead of bumping the fuel pressure and having the injectors put in the extra fuel. Honestly zex wouldnt be my first choice. they dont make as good of numbers as most. Id look into compucar (lifetime warranty on solenoids), dynotune, tnt, nitrous express etc

3. Brian95SVT

Brian95SVT Legend

stay away from dry shots, get a wet shot

4. 97blackgt

ok i figured i would go with a wet kit...

my next question is are there different types of wet kits? like fogger, or something else? or is a wet kit a wet kit

would 75 be safe if used once in a whilee?

5. hoss13

hoss13 Member

I'm throwing my two cents in for the dry system....much safer for the fine plastic intakes. They don't like fuel puddling.

6. bigjohnson4.6gt

bigjohnson4.6gt Well-Known Member

im gonna throw mine in for the dry shot too, your gonna get good and bad opinions about both sides, i would get a dry shot cause its easy to install and like hoss said there is no puddling

7. Brian95SVT

Brian95SVT Legend

there are pros about it and cons about it. i personally hate nitrous all together but ive always been told wet shot over dry shot.

8. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

with window switches and other safety items a wet shot would be fine. puddling usually happens when you spray at too low of an rpm

9. hoss13

hoss13 Member

yeah, ther is pro's and con's to both, but the dry kits were specifically designed for the EFI cars. I just didn't want to take the chance.

10. 97blackgt

well ease of installation and cost dont really matter...im more concerned with performace..i want which ever is 'better' for the engine. im pretty sure i will be getting a wet shot

11. gt96stang

gt96stang Well-Known Member

Get it wet...

12. bigjohnson4.6gt

bigjohnson4.6gt Well-Known Member

you can blow the engine with both of them, as long as you dont run too big of a shot without preparation youll be fine either way

13. cody0170

cody0170 Member

im running Nitrous Express wet 100 plate shot. love it but it did crack my factory plastic intake. just make sure you dont hit the powerband and let it backfire thats what happened to me. and i changen my plugs to a 1 step colder. just my 2 cents wet is safer since its for sure mixing fuel with the spray.

14. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

Just remember for all the things you need your looking at spending a grand and $40-$50 per refill ?(not many passes per bottle). It's not as cheap as you think and it comes with a healthy payment plan (refills).

15. jfor441

jfor441 Legend

How is a wet kit safer than a dry kit? My NOS kit has a regulator that if fuel pressure drops no nitrous sprays.