What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

J_lope82

Reaction score
I went to the junk yard before Christmas and bought a horn set of what looks like for ~2010 mustang. I had a spare pigtail and made it work on my 96. Sounds way better my old horns were giving out. Updated horns heck yeah for $20.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I started the rebuild today by replacing some melted wires. I went to grab for my heat shrink and remembered that I got this kit in the summer at a local hot rod show and I have been waiting for a use for them.

hIFcm1k.jpg

I had seen vids on them and found them in a flee-market style vendor area for $9. You put one of these on one of your wires, twist them together and then pull the connector over it and hit it with a heat gun. The center has a bit of solder in it that when you get it hot enough will wick into the wires and then the heat shrink has glue on the ends to seal it. I have to say it was easy and my only complaint is I am not sure about the insulation being thin but a piece of tape will fix that

1Ryxwha.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I started the rebuild today by replacing some melted wires. I went to grab for my heat shrink and remembered that I got this kit in the summer at a local hot rod show and I have been waiting for a use for them.

View attachment 14044

I had seen vids on them and found them in a flee-market style vendor area for $9. You put one of these on one of your wires, twist them together and then pull the connector over it and hit it with a heat gun. The center has a bit of solder in it that when you get it hot enough will wick into the wires and then the heat shrink has glue on the ends to seal it. I have to say it was easy and my only complaint is I am not sure about the insulation being thin but a piece of tape will fix that

View attachment 14045

Excellent!! I used them on my Holley install and haven’t had an issue yet!

J_lope82

Reaction score
Did a fog light switch re-wire repair. Previous owner had a mess going on. Went ahead and just installed a new switch.
EBC5F69F-587C-43F3-9BF9-446A5CF37D7F.jpeg19B751B8-723B-4D22-932C-BA7CC2E13135.jpegD6291CCB-C2E3-421B-AABF-20E65DD286E4.jpeg

Attachments

• 432326EA-3DF5-4EB8-BFA9-20E9752DFCE2.jpeg
    432326EA-3DF5-4EB8-BFA9-20E9752DFCE2.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 6

garrittpwl

Reaction score
installed my oil pressure gauge, water temp gauge and afr gauge. Then verified functionality and terrorized my neighbors.

Attachments

• wYcFakl.jpg
    wYcFakl.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 8

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Previous owner had tinted the third brake light. I removed the tint and had to sand it, buff it and wax it to restore it. Also installed new led bulbs. Looks much better now. View attachment 14121
Much better? It looks new!
And with a dark colored car that kinda starts to blend in with surroundings as dusk sets in, it will be a little safer.
Visibility is everything.
Nice job.

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Corbeau seats and harnesses for the win! These seats really hug your body and transmit what the car is actually doing. It's much easier to tell when the rear end is right on the edge, or the front end is pushing too hard. The stock seats just let you slide around like a wet noodle and you have no idea what the car is actually doing.

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Corbeau seats and harnesses for the win! These seats really hug your body and transmit what the car is actually doing. It's much easier to tell when the rear end is right on the edge, or the front end is pushing too hard. The stock seats just let you slide around like a wet noodle and you have no idea what the car is actually doing.

View attachment 14123

View attachment 14124
I have the GT2's and love them. They are a tight fit but that is fine with me as I am skinny, my fat friends suffer a bit though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have one friend that I have no idea what he weighs but it has to be 350+ish. The last time we had to go somewhere I almost changed my mind on taking the mustang just because I knew he was not going to be happy and I was also afraid after he got out I might not be happy.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Today i installed a new light bulb in the mercury switch assembly on the underside of the hood. Works great! Cleared a check engine light that came on because the PCV valve return pipe was loose.on the end near the new PCV Valve! Golly, these challenges are taking a toll. LOL Took wife to lunch in Opal. Beautiful day! Happy New Year to everyone here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online