Whats a decent HID kit?

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
one on each side in the fender?
take a pic of the where it hooks up to the battery.

btw
looks sick

I think it looks awesome as well, thanks BUT..... I swear I need to make a photo album of my headlights with your name on it! :hammer:

voidfinger

Reaction score
that looks really awsome. You also have a very clean engine bay dude.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
voidfinger said:

Thanks man :thumb: When I get around to pulling my engine I'll sand everything down and paint up the engine bay all nice a pretty :boink:

voidfinger

Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
voidfinger said:

Thanks man :thumb: When I get around to pulling my engine I'll sand everything down and paint up the engine bay all nice a pretty :boink:

Well i'm glad i saw this b/c now i know where to hook up my K&N gen 1 intake... it goes to the maf and the stock tube... i thought i had to drill holes for the brackets lol.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
hahaha nope! I saved you all kinds of trouble lol.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sweet! thanks for the pix!
I want to order like 3 sets!
car, truck and workey truck!

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Sounds good man, you'll love them even though they are illegal :thumb:

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
atrainsgt said:

are they illegal here on OK? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

hmmm....

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
ıʌɐɾ said:
atrainsgt said:

are they illegal here on OK? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

hmmm....

I'm looking into it for sure but I heard they are illegal if you do not have an HID specific housing. I have my lights tilted down so I'm not blinding anyone.

Nater

Reaction score
:dunno: Never heard that either.... Good thing I am over here, where everyone has them! LOL! :hammer:

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
a majority of the states have different regulations when it comes to the non-factory HIDs. i dont think they are illegal in cali, at least not yet. if they are illegal, put it this way: so is lowering your car, changing your exhaust, etc. 98% of the time, the cops dont care. if your off doing doughnuts in the police parking lot at night and you act like a prick to the cops, then yeah, dont be surprised if they give you a ticket for every little thing they can think of. make sure the headlights arent blinding, and you will be ok.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
I parked my car and walked out in front of my car to make sure, I'm good :thumb: Whats cool about the HID's is just that, they light up everything but you can stand in front of them and they aren't blinding if angled right.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
I parked my car and walked out in front of my car to make sure, I'm good :thumb: Whats cool about the HID's is just that, they light up everything but you can stand in front of them and they aren't blinding if angled right.

i think i need to realign my headlights...

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I need to do those and my Fogs. Where Can I buy those Cobra Clear Fogs and Headlights?

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
yeah, I'm looking at doing my fogs also, it looks awful with the fogs on at the same time because the headlights are so nice then I have these old looking fogs....

96GT

Reaction score
Wow, the glare that puts out in the factory housing is unbearable. The drivers in front of you must hate you.

I am in the middle of doing a full fledged retrofit with Cadillac XLR bi xenons. I am debating whether or not to do a writeup on it. Its so much work to retrofit that no one really does it, instead they just get the plug and play kit. However the light output makes the retrofit worth it.

As far as legality, cops can give you a ticket for illegal equipment in all 50 states. I saw his on Fox News a couple years back when they first came out. I think if you sprayed the housing black you can get rid of some glare, but I never tried it myself. Even with my retrofits, some glare comes out because of the halogen reflector. I too will have to black out the housing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online