What's this car worth?

trplblk96gt

Reaction score
I know this is a SN forum and I'm asking about a fox, but I don't know sh** about foxes lol. I've been tossing around the idea of buying a fox so I can start work on my SN and I came across this (link below). Now it sounds like it has a pretty good amount of work done to it, but I've always been under the impression that you only get back a small percentage of what was spent on mods (price deduction?). Also, he says it's a rare color, but clear is peeling off the hood and how don't care how rare the color is if it's going to need a repaint (price deduction?). I feel like he's honestly looking for too much money...and definitely too much of a trade. Am I wrong? Advice?

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/4247228377.html

Sent from my driver's seat using Tapatizzle 4.6

chris91

Reaction score
Its a coupe. I definitely see someone trading a 94-98 Cobra for it. You'd be amazed the prices they bring in too. Seems like a nice lil list of mods too.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
first things first! i'm almost 100% positive that the mileage is bullshit!! i see it all the time. it's most likely been flipped and is at leat 160K miles. theres allot of difference in an actual 60k and 160k mile car. you can tell by the interior. if the seats are worn out...foam has no shape...carpets faded and stained...if the engine bay is full of rust and oil/grime....then its NOT a 60K mile car. offer him $4k :)

Addermk2

Reaction score
Easily a 8-10k car if the body is perfect and the work done... Is done right.

RichV

Reaction score
The coupes always get some pretty stout asking prices, dunno if they actually sell. True 5.0 coupe with mild drivetrain mods and brakes, stock looking are in the $5-7K mark out here. Call him for a cash price, not sure why people don't put that in their ads. I know he wants to trade, but a stack of green talks.

Honestly trying to beat him up on the price is going to be worthless. He knows what it needs, when I price a car for sale, I know it needs paint, or this and that. So that's already accounted for.

I do think it's strange that the engine was replaced at 50K, why? And that suspension/brakes were changed which are all things you would do to a 4cyl conversion. Check the VIN for the engine code, and run a carfax as well.

5litrarag

Reaction score
The fact that he ONLY wants a trade is suspicious to me. Because like Adder said, it is a solid 8-10k car all day long assuming everything is done right and the body is straight. I'd go over that thing with a fine tooth comb and if its good you MIGHT be able to get it for 6k to 6500. If all it truly needs is paint, that'd be a cool car to pick up.

OP
OP
trplblk96gt

trplblk96gt

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Like I said, I don't know anything when it comes to foxes. I'll take into consideration everything that y'all have said and give him a call. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ivan12

Reaction score
You see a lot of these around and people asking crazy amounts of money but nobody buys them. I'm having trouble moving my 5.0 coupe. Yes it's not an original V8 but the engine has low miles, 5 lug on all 4 corners with Cobra PBR brakes on the front, black interior, saleen body kit, original 18" Saleen wheels, steeda lowering srpings, adjustable shocks/struts, and a few other things with a recent shitty re-spray. I'm only asking $3000 and have disclosed the $600 in back fees it has and only get interested parties from outer state. That dude is smoking crack if he thinks somebody would pay that.

Pony-man42

Reaction score
I highly doubt it only has "60k". if it has that many miles and already needs a paint jobs makes no sense .the person who bought it, did so to only drive it in nice weather (hints why an old muscle car like this would have low miles). which means it sat around a lot! and you don't let your nice weather car sit out side it makes no since..

OP
OP
trplblk96gt

trplblk96gt

Reaction score
I'm always looking at mustangs for sell in my area and I see that kind of stuff a lot. People try to sell their cars and the either try to talk it up and ask for more money than it's worth to try to get one over on some unsuspecting/uneducated buyer, or they make big claims while it's apparent they don't know what the hell they're talking about. It's hard to find a nice mustang in good shape, with decent miles, and a realistic asking price.

chris91

Reaction score
You can't judge the miles by the paint. My 91 with 47k on it was faded on the bumpers like 90% of them do. Its easy to figure out if the miles are legit, carfax.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
wow around here that would be 4000 at the very top i would say average is 3000-3500 for that car around here.

chris91

Reaction score
Yeah no shit, if you can find rust free low mileage coupes for 3k tell me where and Illl sell my car right now and buy a few and make enough profit to go buy a Terminator...

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i was dead set on getting a fox till i looked at one for sale in person. the things that the car needed were waaaaayyyy more then i was willing to put into a car that i would have already spent $10k to just get the dam car lol. pulling the motor to get rid of rust and painting engine bay, replacing carpet and BOTH front seats...not recovering...replacing cause the frames were def jacked lol. shit was sitting sideways. crawled under real quick and then really quickly said no thanks. he listed it at 34k miles. if that was a real 34k mile car then he fuukin let it sit in salt water a couple years while a 900lb couple sat in the seats everyday.

ok end rant...carry on :thumbsup:

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I would never spend more than 5,000 for a Fox even if it has all the mods in the world, its still a 20-25 year old pony car. Are you really looking for a coupe or are you willing to buy a hatch, which to me look a lot better and are cheaper around this area.

OP
OP
trplblk96gt

trplblk96gt

Reaction score
I would never spend more than 5,000 for a Fox even if it has all the mods in the world, its still a 20-25 year old pony car. Are you really looking for a coupe or are you willing to buy a hatch, which to me look a lot better and are cheaper around this area.

If I buy a fox I want a coupe. I like the hatchbacks too but my first fox will definitely be a coupe. However, after seeing the general price ballpark around here, I'm contemplating just waiting and saving a little more and buying a new edge. I'm the kind of guy that wants a mustang from every generation from foxes all the way to the S550. So either way, I'll have one one day lol

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've got my coupe listed for $5000 and my phone has been blown up but no one to show up with cash yet. I'd say that car would be around $6-7k here at most if he had proof of the engine work and the car was in good shape.

Just curious, why do you want a Fox? I have one and I daily it but I'd MUCH rather be in a SN95 or newer car. No cupholders, everything rattles, and 20 years of people ****ing with it have ruined everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online