White 98 GT. my first real detail. be nice!

glittle75

Reaction score
well, not really a "pro" job, but it is my first time doing something besides the basic wash/dry/quick wax on it.
mind you thing is the factory 1998 paint, so there are a few rock chips and such, but i did the best i could with it. some swirling on the car as well, but im starting off slow, dont think im ready for power tools yet, wanna get more comfortable with the chemicals first.

this was done with all products that can be bought at wal-mart / auto zone.

Meguires deep crystal wash
Meguires clay bar kit
Meguires scratch-X
Meguires Color-X
Turtle Wax rubbing compound on some of the rough spots
Meguires Tech Wax
3M headlight restore kit
Armor-all interior
Mothers Chrome polish for wheels
Mothers Billet metal polish for exhaust from the axle-back
Armor-all Tire extreme shine

took me all day saturday (yesterday) to do, maybe 6-7 hours. But im glad i did it. definitly night and day with the car, especially after the clay / rubbing compound.
anyway, tell me what you think!

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

wash3.jpg

wash4.jpg

wash5.jpg

wash6.jpg

wytstang

Reaction score
Looks good for an all hand detail, nice and bright white.

OP
OP
glittle75

glittle75

Reaction score
heres a question for you pros here.

the wife, a while back, had a small fender bender in a parking lot. nothing major at all, hit the passenger side bumper pretty good, but it didnt bend the bumper out of line or anything.

but, the paint is spider webbed pretty good right on the corner, about the size of a grapefruit. ive tried rubbing compound, 3 different scratch products. alot of things. but still the spider webbed area is still there. ive run out of ideas and just learned to live with it.

i dunno how to tell if its the actual paint, or just the clearcoat that is cracked up.

is this fixable? or will it have to be repainted to be fixed? like i said, its not horrible, with the scratch remover/wax, its not to noticable unless your within 4 feet or so of it. and no "chips" have formed, and if you run your hand over it, its not rough at all, but you can feel it a little bit with your fingernail.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
glittle75 said:
heres a question for you pros here.

the wife, a while back, had a small fender bender in a parking lot. nothing major at all, hit the passenger side bumper pretty good, but it didnt bend the bumper out of line or anything.

but, the paint is spider webbed pretty good right on the corner, about the size of a grapefruit. ive tried rubbing compound, 3 different scratch products. alot of things. but still the spider webbed area is still there. ive run out of ideas and just learned to live with it.

i dunno how to tell if its the actual paint, or just the clearcoat that is cracked up.

is this fixable? or will it have to be repainted to be fixed? like i said, its not horrible, with the scratch remover/wax, its not to noticable unless your within 4 feet or so of it. and no "chips" have formed, and if you run your hand over it, its not rough at all, but you can feel it a little bit with your fingernail.

Most likely have to be repainted. It would looks 100x better repainted reguardless. I have the same problematic areas on my car. Its on the front and rear bumpers and they are very small.

jmstang66

Reaction score
awesome! am sort of biased towards whtie 98 gt's tho ;)

btw...where in nc are you located?

OP
OP
glittle75

glittle75

Reaction score
new bern. NC, originally from little washington (next to greenville)

and thanks for the compliments. im pretty proud of myself for doing it. i think it turned out pretty good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr