White95's Autocross thread

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
It has been far too long since I’ve had the opportunity to race but the wait is over. We have an event at the large venue this Sunday and I’m beyond ready.

There will be a few firsts at this event.

1. First time trying RT660’s and I’m curious to see if they live up to the hype.

IMG_2825.jpeg

2. First time racing since I had the car corner weighed and the balance adjusted.

IMG_7139.jpeg

3. First event after I switched to E85, had the car dyno tuned and picked up 40 whp.

IMG_8351.jpeg

71466517005__3616B8AD-4D44-44E0-818A-311E1F2C48ED.jpeg

4. First event after switching back to electric power steering but with a pump speed controller.

IMG_9934.jpeg

This is going to be an interesting outing!

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
Based on what I've seen at my local events, you're going to like how the RT660 tires perform. I'm looking forward to hearing how you do at the event!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
What’s up race fans, it’s me again! There is another event on the horizon and we’re gearing up for action. This will be a rare, nighttime event!

IMG_4588.jpeg

This round, we’ve made some alignment adjustments (-2.3° of camber to -3.0° and set the toe to 0.0” and pulled the C2 splitter off. The reasoning behind this was tire clearance at full lock. Plus, I was just bored with it anyway. Beyond that, nothing has changed and I’m just ready for some MUCH NEEDED seat time.

Stay tuned.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve picked up an experienced co-driver for this event. Happens to be Mr. Top PAX from last season himself. Going to be interesting to see what kinda of runs he puts together with the car and I’m excited for the coaching he can provide me.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
IMG_5103.jpeg

Today didn’t go as planned. Drove to the event and made one pass. Switched drivers and was waiting on grid. Determined something was on fire and quickly extinguished it. Upon further inspection, the battery hold done somehow lost a nut allowing it to ground to the studs securing it to the trunk. This led to what I suspect the fuel vapor vent line igniting and the tank was essentially flaring fuel vapor.

IMG_5112.jpeg

IMG_5117.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

The decision was made to try to run the car and it did so without issue. My buddy Chris offered to trailer it home and I graciously accepted. Drove it on the trailer. I will report more on this in the build thread tomorrow after I drop the tank.

IMG_5122.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and now I bet you have something new on your checklist to ensure is tight enough. My cnc is great, but there are more than a few small steps that you have to do in sequence so that it knows what bit it has, where the material is, what speed to spin or is it off? Over the time I have made what I call my stupid list. It is made of stupid little things like "is the power button on the router/is it supposed to be?" all because at some point and time I forgot it and felt stupid. I never click the start button with out first going down my stupid list point by point....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online