1998 Cobra Build - UPDATED POST #252 1/9/08

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATED POST #188 5/29 - Interior Being Installed!

Kevin R. said:
I am really diggin' the transformation you made. I said "eh" at the beginning with the red and white combo, but it looks absolutely sick now, and very tasteful for a "show" Mustang.

Did the painter overspray on your engine? It looked that way in one of the pics that blue was on the hoses and valve covers.

Awesome ride man. O0

Thanks a lot, man O0 No, there is no over-spray on the engine, it just has not been cleaned yet :(

Red96GT said:
She's coming together absolutely amazing. You and whoever you've got helping in the process looks like they really know what you are doing. Just a quick question though. How does the air ride suspension work? Do you feel the tank one time and then pump up and deflate the bags as needed? Or do you have something that keeps the air pressure constant (i.e. generator)?

Thanks O0 I am not a huge handy man, but the Air Ride kit contains a compressor, air tank, valves, and relay... The compressor fills the tank and I inflate and deflate the bags as I want. When the tank begins to get empty, the compressor kicks back on and starts to fill the tank back up.

1BAD96SVT said:
Looks more like just dust from the sanding and painting ect, i belive he tapped off the whole engine bay when the painter painted it, but yea the car looks friggin sweet.. :khobra:

Thanks, man :dancing6: :dancing6:

SMOKE said:
Wow ... that's looks great.
Props for the effort and vision. Must be great to see it realized. :banana:

Yea, it has been a long trip. I am so happy with how it is coming along O0 O0

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

dawssvt said:
I went with the SN95 Saleen rear. The S2K Saleen rear is too bulky for my body style, in my opinion ???

I tried that to, and agree!

Looking good Daws, nice job, throughout. :thumb:

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra... Major Changes Soon - Opinions wanted **DUW**

Emann0007 said:
don't do the fender flares!
x2! Other than that I think it will come out bad ass. I love the rims on there.

1trikgt

Reaction score

Thats a sick build you have there!! Im diggin the 20's with the airride and the paint... What width are the rear rims? Im on airbags on my sn and if I would have deciced on the bags before I got my rims I wanted to get 20x8 front and 20x10 rear, I still might if I get another pair of rims but dont know if 20x10's will be able to tuck. Check out my build, it's very similar to what youve done but Im doing a full custom system as well...no back seat

The Green GT

Reaction score

How hard was teh HID install? I ordered some 10K ones a few days ago.

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

Dalamar said:
I tried that to, and agree!

Looking good Daws, nice job, throughout. :thumb:

Thanks, man ;) ;)

94darkhorse said:
x2! Other than that I think it will come out bad ass. I love the rims on there.

I decided against the fender flares a long time ago. The body will stay the same as it is now with the exception of putting the rear bumper and cowl on O0

1trikgt said:
Thats a sick build you have there!! Im diggin the 20's with the airride and the paint... What width are the rear rims? Im on airbags on my sn and if I would have deciced on the bags before I got my rims I wanted to get 20x8 front and 20x10 rear, I still might if I get another pair of rims but dont know if 20x10's will be able to tuck. Check out my build, it's very similar to what youve done but Im doing a full custom system as well...no back seat

The wheels are 20x8.5 all around. When I ordered my wheels, American Muscle was not offering the 10.5 wide wheels in 20's yet or I would have ordered those. I like these fine though.

I am doing a full system as well. I have every single part replaced. Here is what I am going with...

Single JL Audio 10W7 Subwoofer
JL Audio XR Component and Coaxial Speakers for Front and Rear
JL Audio 500/1 Mono-Block Amp for the 10W7
JL Audio 300/4 Mutli-Channel Amp for the other speakers
Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS CD/MP3 Player
Pioneer 12 Disc CD Changer
XM Radio
iPod Direct Hook-Up Through the Headunit

The Green GT said:
How hard was teh HID install? I ordered some 10K ones a few days ago.

It was very simple. The bulbs are a little harder to get in than the stock ones, but that is the hardest part.

VenomousCobraR

Reaction score

hey man, awesome job...Good call on goin with blue! Those headlights you have, are they from blueoval industries?
I think you definately sold me on the black wheels (I was a little "iffy" on it til I saw yours....looks real badass bro.

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

VenomousCobraR said:
hey man, awesome job...Good call on goin with blue! Those headlights you have, are they from blueoval industries?
I think you definately sold me on the black wheels (I was a little "iffy" on it til I saw yours....looks real badass bro.

Thanks a lot, man. Yea I got my headlights from Blue Oval Industries, but I got them on eBay because they were cheaper. Here is a link to where I got them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...016QQitemZ260125828291QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The Green GT

Reaction score

dawssvt said:
VenomousCobraR said:

Thanks a lot, man. Yea I got my headlights from Blue Oval Industries, but I got them on eBay because they were cheaper. Here is a link to where I got them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...016QQitemZ260125828291QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I have the same ones. Awesome quality.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

The Green GT said:
dawssvt said:
VenomousCobraR said:

I have the same ones. Awesome quality.
As do I :thumb:

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

The rear bumper and the hood cowl got installed this week. The rear bumper still needs some bolts added and it is still in the process of getting color sanded, but I thought I would show you guys my car with a rear bumper for once ;D ;D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Oh ya... He is fixing the side skirt that is coming down too while he has it O0

95riosnake

Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATED POST #211 7/1 - Rear Bumper Is On!

I absolutely love it man, you've got great taste. If I didn't have side exhaust I would have that rear bumper, it's just so damn sexy. O0

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

Lovin it!

Get errr all cleaned up and get some sexy daytime pics!

wnracing

Reaction score

I was about to revive this thread and ask what was going on! Looks awesome, can't wait to see how it looks in the daylight!

Reaction score

Looking great. Can't wait to see more photos.. thanks for sharing with us.

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

The exterior is finally done. The tips will be replaced soon enough with stainless steel ones. They will be adjusted to fit the bumper better at the same time. Pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ram000

Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATED POST #217 7/17 - Exterior is Done!

s!!!ck!!

more pics!

blownstanger

Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATED POST #217 7/17 - Exterior is Done!

Looks awseome bro. :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brad Nimbus

Members online