1998 Cobra Build - UPDATED POST #252 1/9/08

brwillms

Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATED POST #211 7/1 - Rear Bumper Is On!

95riosnake said:
I absolutely love it man, you've got great taste. If I didn't have side exhaust I would have that rear bumper, it's just so damn sexy. O0

Dan,

I just saw the pic in your sig. When did you get the new hood? Looks wicked awesome. Got anymore pics?

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATED POST #217 7/17 - Exterior is Done!

My FR500 steering wheel, Bullitt pedals, and air ride switches are now all installed in my car. Here are some pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Low 11s

Reaction score
Re: My 98 Cobra **DUW** UPDATED POST #222 7/19 - New Interior Parts Installed!

I think you've got one of the best looking S95's out here. The only thing I don't like is your roll cage and the rims. The roll cage looks a little cheesy for a show car and your rims put you in the same category as everyone else. Your car can't reach its full potential to stand out with those "common everyday rims." You're gonna have to be different if you want to win. Here's a pic of my roll cage just to compare it to yours as far as looks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

Low 11s said:
I think you've got one of the best looking S95's out here. The only thing I don't like is your roll cage and the rims. The roll cage looks a little cheesy for a show car and your rims put you in the same category as everyone else. Your car can't reach its full potential to stand out with those "common everyday rims." You're gonna have to be different if you want to win. Here's a pic of my roll cage just to compare it to yours as far as looks.

That's funny you mention those two things because those 2 things are what people compliment me most on. I absolutely love the roll cage because the low side bars - it is also very hard to find because Kenny Brown is now closed. About the wheels - I try to use all OEM styled mods on my car for appearance and when American Muscle first came out with the 20" Bullitts I was set on them. I would not have picked any other wheel. Thanks for your opinion though. I almost bought the Corbeau LG1 seats that are in the car you posted, but I decided on the CR-1s instead.

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

I had some requests for pictures with the bags at different heights, so here they are...

All the way down...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Driving Height...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very high...

attachment.php

attachment.php

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

i want that steering wheel sooo badly..it is turning out pretty nice Dawson. O0

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

Hey man,

looks great but i see one thing wrong. Im guessing on the body they painted the whole car blue and when back over that blue with a lighter color blue for the flames. What im getting at is your front bumper does not match, it may be the camera but i doubt it, at all angles its a little off and this is why i think that:

1. They did more coats of color on the bumper than with the flames.
2. They did not paint the front bumper the darker blue before they laid the lighter blue down for the front bumper.

Im betting its #2 i bet they primered it, then blocked it then just took the lighter blue to it which makes it the wrong hue.

Dont get me wrong the car is beautiful, but when your a professional painter like me seeing this stuff never ends.

wnracing

Reaction score

^^^ +1 ^^^

Im not a pro. painter, but I can definitely tell that the front bumper isn't matched correctly. :puke:

Everything else seems like it's coming along very nicely!

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

KB said:
Hey man,

looks great but i see one thing wrong. Im guessing on the body they painted the whole car blue and when back over that blue with a lighter color blue for the flames. What im getting at is your front bumper does not match, it may be the camera but i doubt it, at all angles its a little off and this is why i think that:

1. They did more coats of color on the bumper than with the flames.
2. They did not paint the front bumper the darker blue before they laid the lighter blue down for the front bumper.

Im betting its #2 i bet they primered it, then blocked it then just took the lighter blue to it which makes it the wrong hue.

Dont get me wrong the car is beautiful, but when your a professional painter like me seeing this stuff never ends.

Yea, it is a little off. The pictures make it look worse than it really is though. Thanks for your help O0

NERD

Reaction score

Sorry I missed if you said it already... Is that a Stock Saleen bumper or a aftermarket saleen "style". It looks more aggressive the pictures I've seen of Saleens in the past. I like it.

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

sxynerd said:
Sorry I missed if you said it already... Is that a Stock Saleen bumper or a aftermarket saleen "style". It looks more aggressive the pictures I've seen of Saleens in the past. I like it.

I'm assuming you are meaning the rear bumper. Yes it is authentic Saleen O0

Shocker98GT

Reaction score

What are you gonna do as far as the sound system? You're not gonna leave it carpeted are you?

For a show car and your interior I think it'd look badass if you vinyl/leather/suede the box in black or black and silver, maybe even glass the box and paint it, use a chrome bar grill like JL uses on their Prowedge boxes:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures.php?menu=5&prod_id=302

Then integrate it to mesh and go across the width of the trunk instead of just being a box sitting in there.

Just a thought, looks awesome so far O0

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Looking very awsome Daws!
this is the first time I've seen the rear bumper on there.

you seen my body shop progress?

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

Dalamar said:
Looking very awsome Daws!
this is the first time I've seen the rear bumper on there.

you seen my body shop progress?

No I haven't. Could you give me a link to the thread?

OP
OP
D

dawssvt

Reaction score

There hasn't been too much progress on my car because I had a super busy semester in school. Here are a few pictures I took tonight of the 10K HID's...
First of all, I want to thank Matt at www.stangmods.com for hooking me up with this set of 10K HID's. Install was very simple and they are sooo bright :D I love them! :thumbup:

This is only my second attempt at taking night pictures, so they aren't the best. I am using a Digital Canon Rebel with the kit lens. Here they are...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My door wasn't closed all the way ::) ::) ::)

attachment.php

attachment.php

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
Re: My 1998 Cobra Build - UPDATED POST #236 12/21 - Night Pictures of the 10K HID's!

awesome looking car! the bumper seems to match MUCH better in the new pics. HIDs look sweet. keep up the good work!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: My 1998 Cobra Build - UPDATED POST #236 12/21 - Night Pictures of the 10K HID's!

Nice!

I want some of those :santa_smiley:

Goldmember

Reaction score
Re: My 1998 Cobra Build - UPDATED POST #236 12/21 - Night Pictures of the 10K HI

:santa_afro:

one question tho- What happened to the Saleen C-pillars? Your pics in the very first post settled my theory that 99-04 C pillars would look great on an earlier car- they do- I guess you chose to stay stock?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online