2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra Build

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay for progress! Purchased everything to rebuild the short block today, and really I dont think i need anything else to get the long block together.

-Header Gaskets for my new longtubes
-Gasket set for DOHC 4.6
-ARP Headstud kit
-ARP Mainstud kit for 4.6 w/ factory windage tray
-MMR Sidebolt/Washer kit
-Clevite Main bearings
-Clevite Rod bearings
-MMR oil pump teflon coated
-ARP 2000 Rod bolts for 03/04 cobra stock rods
-Total Seal Pro Moly Ring set for .020 over
-Manley Forged Pistons with -11cc dish and .020 over

100660.jpg

Next on the list is:

-Clutch (Undecided, thinking about SPEC 3+)
-26 Spline upgrade for the Transmission
-New BilletFlow Supercharger/Idler Pulley in black
-40A KB BAP
-BAP Wire Upgrade from Lethal Perf.
-MAFia (already purchased from SVTP)
-Evenflow Cooling Mod (May use MMR's new billet aluminum kit)
-New COP covers "Powered By Ford"

Side projects while the motor is out:

-Paint the blower black and dremel the ribs to expose bare aluminum
-Powder coat valve covers Yellow (wrinkle or gloss? undecided)
-Paint block and timing cover black
-EGR Delete! lol
-oh! and we are going to attempt a home port on the blower

Tuning will be done by Fastlane Motorsports in NC, already contacted them about a dyno/tuner deal.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Broski, don't know about grinding the ribs flat. They dissipate heat, which just so happens to be the heatons numero uno ability. Don't PC the damn timing cover you cheap bastard. Leave it clean aluminum. It would look like a dead banana under your bonnet for a motor. Yellow wrinkle PC VC's ftw. Change to a different flywheel, so you can give me your old one.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
not dremel the ribs flat, dremel the paint finish off the top lol

and i think the black and yellow would look good.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Black and yellow black and yellow Black and yellow black and yellow Black and yellow black and yellow Black and yellow black and yellow Black and yellow black and yellow Black and yellow black and yellow Black and yellow black and yellow Black and yellow black and yellow. I'm going to start calling you whiz khalifa

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
New update on the cobra, ordered a bunch of stuff from Lethal Performance today:

-billetflow snub idler/bracket/3 idlers
-billetflow 2.76 blower pulley
-170* thermostat
-Metco 4lb lower pulley
-Metco Underdrive Alt pulley
-FRPP Pilot bearing
-FRPP Throw out bearing
-Lethal perf TOB Sleeve
-Flywheel bolts
-Clutch bolts
-Liberty Gear 26 Spline input shaft upgrade
-Liberty Gear Shims for input shaft
-Spec Stage 3+ 26 spline Clutch kit

Also picked up some AN fittings for my custom head cooling mod, just awaiting an email from MMR about their AN fitting that go into the head to complete the kit. The real kicker is it will cost $15 more than the GEN II Evenflow kit and have full AN/SS lines! Should look similar to this when done:
Brian.jpg

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm... got something in the works.

Going to ditch the M112 blower that came stock on this car in favor for a bigger/more efficient stock ford blower. I'm going to go with the M122 that comes on the Shelby GT500! there is a guy named James on another forum that makes adapter plates to bolt right onto my pre-existing intake and best of all you can get the blower used off of a shelby owner for around $350 which makes it an excellent alternative to porting and spinning your m112 to the moon like i was planning. Below is an example of the much better design of the inlet coming into the rotor pack:
comparison.JPG

James said he made 613 on race gas with a 4# lower pulley and 2.76 upper! that is whipple territory! lol I'm very excited about this if you guys cant tell.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blower purchased, BAP purchased, adapter plate purchased, still need 60lb injectors.

Working out a deal on the 05+ slot style MAF, inlet tube, dragon TB and some other little things.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Broski, this is going to change the inlet side to the drivers side now?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i would go to 80lbs for room to grow. go with 2 340lph pumps. i also would ditch the 2 holed throttle for a larger single blade. also, are you going to a blow through setup or a draw through. im curious as to what you're thinking.

ProKiller

Reaction score
what throttle body are you going use to bolt onto the GT500 blower? that picture comparison shows that there is no way your getting a 03 style on there and the GT500s use drive-by-wire...

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would go to 80lbs for room to grow. go with 2 340lph pumps. i also would ditch the 2 holed throttle for a larger single blade. also, are you going to a blow through setup or a draw through. im curious as to what you're thinking.

I was going to do a boost a pump with stock cobra pumps. I'm already planning on a SBTB. It will be the standard MAF placement of any PD blower. I am however going with the 05+ slot style MAF with integrated IAT sensor.

i havent seen this blower on a terminator before.. pics?

There is only about 3-4 guys who have done it so far. The original guy, James, has already upgraded to a TVS on his and is making good numbers. There is a thread on modfords, i'll see if i can find it. Found it!

what throttle body are you going use to bolt onto the GT500 blower? that picture comparison shows that there is no way your getting a 03 style on there and the GT500s use drive-by-wire...

Going to use a dragon TB for an 03-04 cobra. It has the stock TPS and what not. However it will be the only restriction in the system. I might try to figure out a way to use the CobraJet TB later on, they make one with a cable driven setup as seen here:

Click for link to this guy^

For anyone interested here is James' web site: http://cobraengineering.net/

ProKiller

Reaction score
i still don't understand how a cobra TB will bolt up when the the gt500 blower has a bolt all the way on the bottom instead of the 4 corners. it also looks like the top two bolts are offset. and sorry if they address this in the thread you posted but i'm not going to read through 98 pages to find it...

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand, its in the kit he sells, TB adapter plate, along with supercharger adapter plate, and a throttle cable bracket

JiMi_DRiX

Reaction score
Jeremy and Miss2Slo, here is a bit of advice about pulleys that someone gave me, I would definitely replace that squeaky pulley soon!

"When you do the pulley, I highly recommend you go with a 4-piece billet idler set. It adds one pulley for increased belt wrap and reduced belt slippage, as well as replacing the crummy stamped steel idlers which have been reported to explode."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online