2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra Build

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
Jeremy and Miss2Slo, here is a bit of advice about pulleys that someone gave me, I would definitely replace that squeaky pulley soon!

"When you do the pulley, I highly recommend you go with a 4-piece billet idler set. It adds one pulley for increased belt wrap and reduced belt slippage, as well as replacing the crummy stamped steel idlers which have been reported to explode."

Oh trust me i know. thats just asking for more problems

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, but i am fully aware LOL! see pic for my experience :)

5f1607b7.jpg

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about to have a whole set if you want them for like $20 the bottom one has 200 miles on it lol I'm putting BF idlers on the car btw.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
miss2slo - getting pops to take pics of the idlers for you, sorry for the delay

Update - I'm home in Florida now, block and flywheel are at the machine shop, and finally going home in march to put it all back together!

foofinator

Reaction score
P1000795.jpg

Turbo... PSSSHHHHh do a 3.4. :cool:

BTW we are both named Jeremy and both have yellow 04's.

Good to see your car getting such good lovin.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice, and hell of a coincidence on the names/cars lol. I like the valve covers, looks like you swapped a RR pulley(old one on the rad support lol) on the whipple, whats she make now? Also, is that a return system?

i feel like turbo's will be more complicated up front but provide more power in the long run :)

foofinator

Reaction score
Very nice, and hell of a coincidence on the names/cars lol. I like the valve covers, looks like you swapped a RR pulley(old one on the rad support lol) on the whipple, whats she make now? Also, is that a return system?

i feel like turbo's will be more complicated up front but provide more power in the long run :)

I actually swapped out the RR pulley for the stock whipple 3.5. The black looks better in my engine bay haha.

Yeah it's a return style system. Old school, 3 ford GT supercar pumps. She makes 751 rwhp on 21 psi. Should be more soon!

Good luck on the turbo build!

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
miss2slo - getting pops to take pics of the idlers for you, sorry for the delay

Update - I'm home in Florida now, block and flywheel are at the machine shop, and finally going home in march to put it all back together!

LOL no worries and thank you!

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
419750_2653948716578_1491600177_31942579_815142789_n.jpg

Update! James sent me some pics of his custom pieces finished up! I'm getting excited! He says about a week till he sends everything sent to my dads house. I have about 3 weeks till i go on leave to head back and put her all together, I'm giddy like a school girl lol.

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
No! and Marchant didnt have anything close to screaming yellow so the valve covers are going wrinkle black and i'll add a touch of southern banana else where in the engine bay :D

SVTurbo 98

Reaction score
Jeremy, sorry to hear about your luck with Blacks. My brother in law bought a 04 mystichrome car from them that was advertised with a clean carfax, and when we got there it had obviously been wrecked in the back. He bought it anyways because he was excited about owning one but it also didn't last long before it blew up. A lot of shady business going on down there. Anyways, good luck with the new build. I'm literally right down the road from you so if you ever need an extra hand with something just shoot me a pm.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
No! and Marchant didnt have anything close to screaming yellow so the valve covers are going wrinkle black and i'll add a touch of southern banana else where in the engine bay :D

NOOOO you cant take my idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! dam you! but atleast we have good taste ;) but your last engine bay was most likely the sexiest thing ive ever seen :)

Anchor-Room

Reaction score
Nice looking cars gents, we also experienced the 'exploding pulley' with low miles on the clock. BANG (loud noise), slap, slap, battery light comes on......Metco FTW!

Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the positive comments

and SVTurbo 98 - I saw your car at the PCB photoshoot, I was riding/driving the grabber blue shelby. I'll be sure to let you know if i need some help, thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online