600hp supporting mods

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
interesting. I just wanted some general info, I'd need to take a class to get exact numbers haha.

However theoretically, wouldn't 600hp with this car be possible? Even just bolt-ons you should be able to make that power. If you build it to about 300 and just add 15psi? I mean SSM is saying they can squeeze 375-390 out of the engine N/A. Even if their numbers are off 75HP that still leaves me at 300HP. So add 15PSI and I'm at 600, even if it is at the crank. Is it impractical? Yes. Will it be costly? Probably. But People are talking like I'm trying to turn a 20 second car into a Bugatti?

yes, theoretically if you built your 6er up to 300 crank and added 15 psi you should make roughly 600 crank hp.

one thing to consider is cam selection...turbos only work well with certain cams if that is your plan

LilRoush

Reaction score
Is a windstar intake really going to be enough to get you to 600hp? I know I'm a V8 guy, but I find it hard to believe that a top tier manifold came on a mini-van. Haha. Why not look into sheet metal intakes?

There are limited options for the V6 when it comes to upper intakes. The one Ford slapped on the Windstar is by far one of the best flowing. I have yet to see a sheet metal intake that worked anywhere near worth the cost of it. The Windstar will flow enough to reach 600 hp mark.

Cool. Orange must be smarter than me since his built, blown V6 barely makes half the power this guy is asking about. No problem doubling that.

I have made V6 cars in the power range being discussed.

I'm all for uniqueness, but I'd rather spend 8K, get a Termi motor with a T56 and harness, grab the rear-end from a GT, and call it a day. Port the piss out of everything, full bolt ons. And you'd have money left over for a Kenne Bell and make more than you wanted originally.

Terminator swap with a T56 on it will set you back way more than $8K. For the money, a built V6 is a cheaper way to get to 600 hp rather than a V8 swap.

I know people don't like to hear it, and will argue tooth and nail that the V8 is the king of all motors... but I've been there. I was a die hard V8 guy when I bought my V6 as a daily. I spent years looking at it, testing it and finding out in the real world (not what forum members felt or thought) to pull fact from fiction when it comes to the pushrod V6 in the Mustang/F150. Hell, there is even an M112'd minivan out there running around now.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Terminator swap with a T56 on it will set you back way more than $8K.

Here are three completed eBay listings for a Termi motor with a T56 for around 8K wiring included. In the last month or so too, so I'm not just digging up rarities.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item257c0a48d0&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ceb7bab0&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-M...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cfa0bcce&vxp=mtr

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can make anything fast if you're willing to dump money into it and if you're talking sn95 platform you will have to rebuilt the car pretty much top to bottom v6 or v8 to handle that kind of power.

Personally, I can't stand the sound of v6 mustangs so I wouldn't ever build one as stupid as that may sound

Also, as someone who has done it the better route would be to simply save your pennies, sell your car, and go buy a better platform to start with...terminator at least is designed to handle that kind of power, the motor will take it, the trans will take it, the rear should take it with some modifications.

Your mustang wasnt designed to handle 600 hp in any way shape or form.

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Personally, I can't stand the sound of v6 mustangs so I wouldn't ever build one as stupid as that may sound.

This is my biggest issue with the V6s really. There are few non-V8 motors that I think sound good.

On that short list is the Audi/Volks 2.7L, the Volkswagen VR6, the Nissan RB motors, the Honda K20, and the Nissan VQ35DE (350z, G35, etc).

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can make a v6 sound good... a lot of people can't tell the difference of mine from a v8...

As for the continues "go save your money and go buy a termi"... Because he wants to build the v6. We could all save a lot of money and go buy a crotch rocket or an ls, so why don't we? Why do we have sn95 that arent worth nearly the amount of money we dump into them. Because we don't want to. We want to do what is interesting to us. There's nothing practical about building a car, a car is one of the worst investments you can make. Money saving isn't the top priority when you're doing something you want, especially if you're going a unique route.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is my biggest issue with the V6s really. There are few non-V8 motors that I think sound good.

On that short list is the Audi/Volks 2.7L, the Volkswagen VR6, the Nissan RB motors, the Honda K20, and the Nissan VQ35DE (350z, G35, etc).

Its the pushrod american v6's that have that awful sound...the VR6 VW motors sound pretty good as well as the others you listed.

You can make a v6 sound good... a lot of people can't tell the difference of mine from a v8...

As for the continues "go save your money and go buy a termi"... Because he wants to build the v6. We could all save a lot of money and go buy a crotch rocket or an ls, so why don't we? Why do we have sn95 that arent worth nearly the amount of money we dump into them. Because we don't want to. We want to do what is interesting to us. There's nothing practical about building a car, a car is one of the worst investments you can make. Money saving isn't the top priority when you're doing something you want, especially if you're going a unique route.

Ive heard a lot of v6's that sound good at idle....thats not the issue, once you start revving them they sound like shit and the v6 tone comes out.

[video=youtube;mBMgU0q68Yw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBMgU0q68Yw&feature=autoshare[/video]

Its very apparent in your exhaust vid as well even though you ONLY revved it to 3500, make me a video and rev it to 5-6k and that awful note will be far more noticeable.

Your comments are retarded..I have no idea what a bike or an LS car has to do with this. He wants to build a mustang. A termi is just a solid foundation to start a mustang build on. Im talking about buying a ****ing sn95 chassis car, its the same damn car he has, just with a strong motor, trans, fuel system, better seats, etc and will give him the opportunity to actually have a 600 hp car with some reliability so he can enjoy it.

Cars are money pits either way, but at least if he started with a Termi it might be worth a little something where as his V6 IMO would be a rough sell and IMO, the money he could get back when he goes to sell it would be nothing compared to the Termi.

Unique? Give me a ****ing break, its a mustang with a factory motor in it...thats not unique. If putting a blower on a v6 mustang is now unique we sure have different opinions on what unique is...v6 mustangs have got to be one of the most common cars on the road.

Throw a cummins in it and ill let you say its unique. lol

You seem to mention "we" and "us" a lot but the OP is not you, you are speaking your own damn opinion, not his. Let the man speak for him self.

I can respect your passion but you just seem really biased and spiteful towards anyone that doesnt say " YEA MAN BUILD THAT AWESOME V6!"

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough. Lots of good points. We have different opinions? Agreed, end of story.

Keep in mind that audio sounds much different than real life.
All I'm saying is you don't need to shit on this guys dream. He's asking for the mods he'll need for his v6, just trying to encourage him and not let the "get a v8" drown him.

I can respect your passion but you just seem really biased and spiteful towards anyone that doesnt say " YEA MAN BUILD THAT AWESOME V6!"
I could say the same thing with you and v8s... Just trying to not let the guy get bashed by the majority of people.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've not had anyone tell me they dislike it, and my friends are brutally honest. The exhaust sound that is.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Is this where I mention my sn95 is/was a v6..

Well sorry, at this point it's a 0 cylinder that doesnt have a motor in it

LilRoush

Reaction score
Oh, the truth comes out... V6 motors (even 600 hp ones) suck because of how they sound. Awesome. The rice is deep in here. I loved taking my 'crappy sounding' V6 and beating the living daylights out of Terminators and Vettes that had two or three times the money into them.

Of those three, two are over $8000. And that's just the motor/trans. Add on shipping, fuel system swap, dash cluster swap, front suspension, tuning and shop labor to put it in...well over $8K. For that money, you can have a stock 390 hp Terminator or a 600 hp V6. Gee, which one would a Mustang guy rather have if he is looking for power...390 hp or 600 hp? Go ahead, think about it and get back to me. I can't wait to hit the floor laughing when someone tells me they'd rather have less hp and better sound.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fair enough. Lots of good points. We have different opinions? Agreed, end of story.

Keep in mind that audio sounds much different than real life.
All I'm saying is you don't need to shit on this guys dream. He's asking for the mods he'll need for his v6, just trying to encourage him and not let the "get a v8" drown him.

I could say the same thing with you and v8s... Just trying to not let the guy get bashed by the majority of people.

True, it may sound different in real life but theres no way you can change the tone of that engine...its a V6, its always gonna have that underlying tone.

You could say that although my reasoning really has nothing to do with it being a v8, im just telling him it would be better to start with a terminator platform. I said get a terminator for the overall car, forged motor, solid trans, bolt ons you can make 500+ rwhp and roughly 600 crank. Swapping a terminator drivetrain into his car is retarded to me...if he is gonna do that he might as well build up the v6.

Buying a GT would be a waste.

Oh, the truth comes out... V6 motors (even 600 hp ones) suck because of how they sound. Awesome. The rice is deep in here. I loved taking my 'crappy sounding' V6 and beating the living daylights out of Terminators and Vettes that had two or three times the money into them.

Well first of all, I never said they sucked...

A huge part of the driving experience and enjoyment is the sound a car makes and I cant enjoy that sound.

Doesnt mean the motor sucks...just how it is for me. If you like the way it sounds, great.

Same reason I would never drive a honda. I don't care if it runs 8s if it sounds like my lawnmower and is FWD I still wont enjoy driving it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Justin, come to florida and ride in my car. Sounds better IMO from inside the car lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
For example:[video=youtube;YjHnVodWKVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjHnVodWKVM[/video]

This car is bad ass...sounds great until he actually gets on it and then turns into the classing 3.8 turd sound.

Reminds me of a GN, amazing cars, see them running 8/9s/10s and shit but that sound always makes me cringe....even with that said, I would actually buy a GN with the 3.8 lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think mine has that weird sound at the end though. I guess I'll see when I take a vid of the dyno.

And getting an actual termi makes sense, but I think they guy is interested in building is v6 rather than raw power. The termi swap doesn't make sense, it may be cheaper but you need to buy the full swap straight up. You can slowly build it while driving it, you need the complete swap or else you're not driving it.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well he should just built it and not worry about the number if that's the case Lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well he should just built it and not worry about the number if that's the case Lol
+1

I think 600 is a little high to me, I know it been done before though. I think 400 at the wheels is more what id be aiming at, but build it up the way you like and see what you get.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have one of inside the car lol. I'll admit mine sounds a bit odd on the outside but it sounds sick inside. I think others can attest to it.