600hp supporting mods

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
E85 is race gas in a pump dude

If you can find e85 sure you can ran 20+ PSI but on 93 octane you can't.

I know I couldnt do E85 around here besides the fact that id probably get 100 miles to a tank with it haha

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
E85 is race gas in a pump dude

If you can find e85 sure you can ran 20+ PSI but on 93 octane you can't.

I know I couldnt do E85 around here besides the fact that id probably get 100 miles to a tank with it haha

In South Florida E85 is readily available, and even bolt on 03/04 Cobras are using it, many of the guys use it for daily use. I wouldn't call it race gas in a pump, maybe in certain places in America sure. But in places like Texas, Florida, and a couple other places. No way

( Yes I know Race Gas comes out of a pump too) Idk, I've just never heard any of those guys ever call it race gas. None of them would daily on race gas, but do on E85

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not everyone lives in south florida....

Its still equal to like 105 octane...either way, when I said you couldnt run anywhere near 30 psi on pump gas I mean the normal 91-93 octane gas.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I think on 93 he was around the high teens, low 20s PSI not sure, once he swapped fuel lines he never went back

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Meh, I dont know...doubt he was running that much boost on 93 but w/e, not gonna argue with ya.

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I don't remember the guy ever on a low number. I'm probably wrong, I really only followed the car once the big compound boost/e85 set up went on. I think he spiked it around 1200 horsepower. Just to think a car could be daily driven that has the 1200 horsepower potential with the turn of a knob. Crazy.

Crazier part is he sold it for like $50k ( It was an 08 ) Now he's got a fox that should run 7's when finished.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My coworker went 46 pounds on e85 in his integra lol. But then blew the headgasket ;p We were just talking about it on Wednesday haha.

E85 is used because of how cheap it is, for 110 octane. There's no real reason not to if you can find it. It's too far for me to get any though

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
My coworker went 46 pounds on e85 in his integra lol. But then blew the headgasket ;p We were just talking about it on Wednesday haha.

E85 is used because of how cheap it is, for 110 octane. There's no real reason not to if you can find it. It's too far for me to get any though

hahah wowwww

thats redic. although when you've got a little 2.0 engine that kinda boost is needed to make power

The new CLA 45 AMG has a 2.0 turbo that runs 26 PSI STOCK! lol

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
He makes in the 660 range on it. Nicest integra I've ever seen.

Yea, he should with that kinda boost haha.

15 PSI is supposed to double engine output....

so if youve got a 200 hp motor and add 30 psi it should theoretically make 600 hp.

the.greg

Reaction score
The math works as long as you can keep the turbo efficient and the iats down :thumbsup:

You could always throw some meth at it too for maximum detonation protection.

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
hmm so now it's changed to PSI theories? I'm in. I want to understand PSI levels. so if one runs 5 PSI, how much would that translate to power-wise for the engine? Is it a pretty consistent or does it change with levels? (like 5PSI = 10HP, 10PSI = 20HP vs 5PSI = 10HP, 10PSI = 30)

the.greg

Reaction score
You can't say exactly how psi relates to hp because it is vastly affected by air flow. For example a HCI car with turbo cams will make much more hp per psi boost than otherwise. And of course restriction of air flow will also produce friction aka heat.

Generally speaking however its 14.7 psi to double the horsepower output as said above. So 7ish psi will give you 1.5 times the original output and 29ish will quadruple the output. Also the generally accepted concept for hp per psi is 14-20 depending on supporting mods but this is a very general idea, not precise.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
The math works as long as you can keep the turbo efficient and the iats down :thumbsup:

You could always throw some meth at it too for maximum detonation protection.

yep, pretty much...
hmm so now it's changed to PSI theories? I'm in. I want to understand PSI levels. so if one runs 5 PSI, how much would that translate to power-wise for the engine? Is it a pretty consistent or does it change with levels? (like 5PSI = 10HP, 10PSI = 20HP vs 5PSI = 10HP, 10PSI = 30)

All depends on the engine size, compressor size, overall engine flow etc etc etc.
You can't say exactly how psi relates to hp because it is vastly affected by air flow. For example a HCI car with turbo cams will make much more hp per psi boost than otherwise. And of course restriction of air flow will also produce friction aka heat.

Generally speaking however its 14.7 psi to double the horsepower output as said above. So 7ish psi will give you 1.5 times the original output and 29ish will quadruple the output. Also the generally accepted concept for hp per psi is 14-20 depending on supporting mods but this is a very general idea, not precise.

Pretty much hp to psi is impossible to estimate..with a shitty 2.0 engine and a small turbo you might only make 5 hp per psi, with a 500 cu inch big block and a big turbo you might make 50 hp per psi.

OP
OP
ChaosKnuxxx

ChaosKnuxxx

Reaction score
interesting. I just wanted some general info, I'd need to take a class to get exact numbers haha.

However theoretically, wouldn't 600hp with this car be possible? Even just bolt-ons you should be able to make that power. If you build it to about 300 and just add 15psi? I mean SSM is saying they can squeeze 375-390 out of the engine N/A. Even if their numbers are off 75HP that still leaves me at 300HP. So add 15PSI and I'm at 600, even if it is at the crank. Is it impractical? Yes. Will it be costly? Probably. But People are talking like I'm trying to turn a 20 second car into a Bugatti?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Staff online

Members online