1bad95

Reaction score
Very cool!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Got the pi intake swap finished up, all went well with no leaks or problems.

Painted the new trickflow tb and upper plenum, alternator, waterneck, water pump and the crossover on the intake. Went with a charcoal metallic and left the satin finish. Also cleaned up the timing cover real well with a small brush and some brake cleaner and cleaned the intake valley up and shot some black paint on it. Once the blower goes on it will finally not look so stock. Planning on picking up a 2nd set of valve covers and having them painted bab to match the car.

Completed

Throttle response definitely seems much better just reving it up in the garage. Won't see the street till spring probably to feel a difference driving.

bggore

Reaction score
What seats do you have? Can you take some interior shots?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Great progress man! This saleen is starting to turn into a beast. The charcoal paint is a good touch

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Bggore they are just the regular black leather. Hopefully gonna swap em out in next couple years. Here's a shot from the previous owner, hard to get a good shot in the garage. That goofy wheel cover has been trashed and I pulled and scrubbed the entire interior.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
New rear tires mounted up and cleaned up to maybe hit a cars and coffee tomorrow morning

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks man! I went with 305/35/18 555r's

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Photographer posted up a pic of my car from cars and coffee last sat, thought I'd share it

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Couple newer pics. Added 305/35 rear nitto 555r's and a small spacer to bump the tires out just enough to be flush with the rear quarters. Also been stock piling some parts for a blow thru intercooled blower setup this winter! Picked up my treadstone intercooler and 3" piping kit, vortech polished maxflow BPV, sct ba5000 MAF, pillar pod, aem wideband, and autometer phantom vac/boost gauge. Also need to get a new decal kit as some of them are starting to show some age being 18 years old and a some lettering was replaced by a previous owner with letting from the 99-04's. Hoping to have it all bought ready for this winter to do a nice clean install!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Few more pics from stang magazines day at Dover Downs nascar track. Had a couple hundred mustang on the track and cruised some laps!

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
What a sick car man. Glad to see its in the right hands.

I think your wheel spacing and height looks perfect.

Gets my vote for ROTM. Good luck on your winter plans.

Any plans to track-day it next spring? *Edit: Just seen the second set of pics now, lol

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks man! I have though of trying out some autocross maybe next year sometime. Honestly I doubt I even put 2k miles on it this year. Just not that fun driving around a slow quiet car lol! Picked up a set of mini race bullet mufflers I'm gonna swap in place of the Borla mufflers from Saleen as they are pretty darn quiet, even with the Longtubes and o/r x pipe

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Thanks man! I have though of trying out some autocross maybe next year sometime. Honestly I doubt I even put 2k miles on it this year. Just not that fun driving around a slow quiet car lol! Picked up a set of mini race bullet mufflers I'm gonna swap in place of the Borla mufflers from Saleen as they are pretty darn quiet, even with the Longtubes and o/r x pipe

I hear that man. My stock 97 is quite and slow. No where near as fun as the 98 is and the build has only just begun. Ever consider going catless or hollow cats? What is the size of the headers and x pipe? I have 2 videos on the first page of my members ride thread. American Racing 1 3/4 LT headers, 3" Catless xpipe. Love the sound, has a deep race-like tone, louder then multiple Harleys. The video doesn't do it justice, sounds muffled.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks y'all.

1998svt, mine has ARH Longtubes also with their catless X pipe. Primary's are 1 7/8, little big for now but I got a good deal and couldn't pass them up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online