A peak at whats going on!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Sad that you're getting rid of the all the creature comforts, but it will certainly be clean in the end.

Also interested in your rear axle setup. I'll keep an eye on that. My notch is mini-tubbed, and I want to narrow the axle as well because I want to switch to 18x12s. (19s would look goofy on a fox) Provide lots of details and pics on that as you go along.

Whose mini-tub did you use?

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
Sad that you're getting rid of the all the creature comforts, but it will certainly be clean in the end.

Also interested in your rear axle setup. I'll keep an eye on that. My notch is mini-tubbed, and I want to narrow the axle as well because I want to switch to 18x12s. (19s would look goofy on a fox) Provide lots of details and pics on that as you go along.

Whose mini-tub did you use?

Paul really the only creature comfort is the A/C and I offed that back in 07. The brake set up should be far better than what came in the sn, as 14" six piston front brakes along with a twin piston 13" rear and the new master and proportioning valve will allow me to dial them in to a tee. the minni tub kit is from team-z and the rear was narrowed a total of 5 inches and is getting stuffed with 31 spline axles. Right now its getting a few mods done to it to beef it up a bit. If done right 19s would look killer on a fox.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I used the team-z kit too. It worked out great. Jeff did all the work, and it was done start-to-finish in 3 days.

I'm going to bolt up the stock 19" "Brembo" wheels from my Coyote onto my fox just to see how it would look, but I'm still pretty sure I'll go with 18s. I will also do a 345/30/18 drag radial so it looks cool. :)

Paul.

Ron_B

Reaction score
did you consider deleting the pinch weld on the fire wall, like on the sinis pace car build? is there a particular reason why you didnt?

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
did you consider deleting the pinch weld on the fire wall, like on the sinis pace car build? is there a particular reason why you didnt?

I debated it in the begining but decided not to for a few reasons which will be more apparent in a few weeks when I start plumbing things. With the fox body you almost have to, with the exposed upper half and no cover.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=9659]95opal[/MENTION] I'm in the process of routing allot of my wiring.. Thinking about routing my trans harness and injector harness.. Did you have to extend any wires to do that.. Were did you get the gourmet?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
95opal I'm in the process of routing allot of my wiring.. Thinking about routing my trans harness and injector harness.. Did you have to extend any wires to do that.. Were did you get the gourmet?

Check the gourmet section of your local grocery stores frozen food section.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It's cool. When i saw it and the spelling i laughed. I'll check it out.. Just hit my friend up. Works at harbor fright. They have a 180 piece kit but only goes up to an inch.
I'll try auto zone. I'm a regular there too.

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
95opal I'm in the process of routing allot of my wiring.. Thinking about routing my trans harness and injector harness.. Did you have to extend any wires to do that.. Were did you get the gourmet?

I hit the junkyard for the correct size body grommet. As far as extending wires I couldnt tell ya as I stripped the entire harness down to only the injector wires and a couple of other wires I needed in that particular harness. Basically made my own harness. I dont think any of my harnesses are factory correct anymore as Ive deleted and added numerous things to make it jive with location and funtion. Either way its not difficult and you should have no problem getting it to work for ya.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks.. I'll try to figure something out.. I dint want to cut anything.. But from what i seen. There is really no way around it. If i want to run it back in..

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
Thanks.. I'll try to figure something out.. I dint want to cut anything.. But from what i seen. There is really no way around it. If i want to run it back in..

Your going to most definitely be cutting into the harness. I took so many wires out of that harness that I slimmed it down to the thickness of my pinky finger. Depending on routing and what your going to keep in that harness will dictate how much work will be involved. In my car that will be the only visible harness and I wanted it to be slim as possible so you wouldnt notice it. With any luck It will be slim enough that ill be able to tuck it behind the injectors on the inside side off the rails.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
whats your plan with that radiator shroud opal?

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
Tony the rad shroud and core cover that I fabbed will be body color. You can see the shroud in the backround of the core support pic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shagg9

Members online