Boostr1's 98 GT Build Thread

joe65

Reaction score
takes some patience i'm sure to do that auto rebuild...good luck!

Werecow

Reaction score
Oh yeh ditto!! Takes a special kinda nuts to dig into a slushbox!! Btw.. I'm thinking about a shift kit for my C-6.. can you recommend a brand or kind to get??

sluggish94

Reaction score
Reinstalled my catch can. What a PITA that was. Hardly any room in the bay to get a good spot. I pretty much put it back where it was originally, under the CAI, but in a different spot. Running the hose for the drain kit was a hassle had to drill a whole thru the panel to run it inside the fender and attach the drain spiget somewhere behind the bumper.

View attachment 4756

Great work so far my dude. Will definitely go faster than your 13sec. setup. What transmission are you about to dive into rebuilding?

Question about your catch can: Is that a PCV valve at the valve cover before the catch can? Where does the left hose on the can go to?

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Great work so far my dude. Will definitely go faster than your 13sec. setup. What transmission are you about to dive into rebuilding?

Question about your catch can: Is that a PCV valve at the valve cover before the catch can? Where does the left hose on the can go to?

The 4R70W that came in the car.

Yeah, it's a PCVvalve It's the factory one that's actually for the Mustang SVO 2.3 turbo. The regular factory valve for this car and stock motor couldn't handle the blow by the SC was producing (Was filling this catch can to the brim with only a couple of WOT pulls). So we switched to the SVO PCV valve, and it's held up great.

The return line from the can goes to the back of the KB intake.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online