"duck tail" spoiler for our cars

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
How would you do the mounting for a spoiler like that? It looks molded into the trucklid. Would we have to mount it like the s281?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
birel21y said:
The hard thing for us, is the SN95 market is flooded with designs, and would we be able to return our investment?

I would say realistically you could probably easily sell 150-200 of them right away. The ONLY wing people really like is the S281 besides those 'tricked' out SN95s. It would be nice to have another nice wing to choose from.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
birel21y said:
The hard thing for us, is the SN95 market is flooded with designs, and would we be able to return our investment?

I would say realistically you could probably easily sell 150-200 of them right away. The ONLY wing people really like is the S281 besides those 'tricked' out SN95s. It would be nice to have another nice wing to choose from.

I think it would also depend on the price that you could sell them at. If you could get it around ~$200 you would around the same price as the s281 and have more buyers.

Orange Stang

Reaction score
ok, IMO, make the legs shorter and thicker, and the spoiler itself a little shorter, and maybe a little more angled upwards.

I love the rear of that Super stallion. if anything leave it alone! Really, it looks perfect.

Orange Stang

Reaction score
after thinking about it for a minute, the legs on the spoiler are the only thing that IMO need addressed. Leave the rest alone.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Quick little photoshop I did with smaller legs. I think this would look really good.
p31968_largeFord_Mustang_Super_Stal.jpg

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Here is another angle. I couldnt get the legs to flow into the trunk as well as I would of like to but you get the idea.
SuperStallion3.jpg

Orange Stang

Reaction score
thats perfect IMO. We need to get this into production

SN95Forums Apperance parts anyone? :)

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Orange Stang said:
thats perfect IMO. We need to get this into production

SN95Forums Apperance parts anyone? :)

X2 I'm still just trying to think of a way that it could easily be mounted

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Yeah it looks like it's molded to the trunklid as if it's all one piece.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
my god that SS spoiler is hot, if you could make it look like that i'll buy one right away, that's amazing. I love the shape and flow of it, it's perfect. Actually I think the whole SS body looks beefy, and that spoiler doesn't stick out too far. That rear bumper is a li'l bigger than stock but i don't think it sticks out any further.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I just found a picture of a roush spoiler, very similar, you could mount it like that but it doesnt flow as well as the super stallion.
mustang5.jpg

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
If somebody can make one, fiberglass would work. I can make one out of carbon fiber for the guys who want one like that. I really like the SS design though.

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
If I can get a fiberglass version of the spoiler I can make a mold right off of that and then it would jsut be the cost of the material and labor on my part. If somebody gets a free fiberglass one as like a prototype I can make a carbon fiber one and see how it fits, looks, etc and post pics. But I have no way to make a fiberglass one which is where Birel21y would come in to save the day.

birel21y

Reaction score
auto_x5.0 said:
If I can get a fiberglass version of the spoiler I can make a mold right off of that and then it would jsut be the cost of the material and labor on my part. If somebody gets a free fiberglass one as like a prototype I can make a carbon fiber one and see how it fits, looks, etc and post pics. But I have no way to make a fiberglass one which is where Birel21y would come in to save the day.

True- but, we can also make Carbon fiber, or Carbon Kevlar in yellow, red, blue, etc. Here is what we did for RG and callaway. RG's bodies were done entirely of carbon fiber. There is A LOT of work and money into producing a wing. Average cost is about what most of our cars are worth. You have to make a plug, and 2 molds. Once that is done, its simply just the cost of making the piece. The trick part is getting this to work with the factory bolt holes. Most likely, you will have to drill to install. It would be 4 mounting points on the trunk, and i wouldn't worry about mounting the rear pedestals. Thats where double stick tape comes in. Lets see if we can spike interest, and in that case we can hopefully get this started.

3164139848_71407fd31f.jpg

b4a9f370-b158-4172-a205-b59d1d1222d.jpg

callaway-c16.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
auto_x5.0 said:

I think a quality copy of the Kaenan S281 spoiler in CF would sell very well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online

No members online now.