Familiar yellow GT

Bub

Reaction score
There really is no denying how awesome these ls motors are and swapping them and building them results in big reliable power for little money. I am kicking myself in the ass for not going 5.3 in my current set up. I say bring on the ls swap. Camaros suck to drive and a corvette just seems douchy. This car is gonna be sick. Let the haters hate while they look at your taillights *drops mic*

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Nice car, cool project, tear it up and post pics :evil:

Seriously, why not? I'm no Camaro/F-body/GTO fan but I'm swapping a LQ4 into my Z71, lol!! A very simple recipe with a sedate cam and a trailblazer stall should net some mid-13's in a 4x4. I'll be honest, I'm gonna find a NPI shitbox to clown on..

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Valid question but the Camaro is just ugly unless it's a late 60s one so I can understand not wanting it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

But not a valid reason for someone to yet again ruin another stang.

I think the polarization is interesting - some people just don't care and others are absolutely adamant that <insert engine other than Ford here> engine doesn't belong in a Ford shell. Me personally, I belong to the "don't care" camp. I appreciate the mechanical challenge of stuffing a motor into a chassis not designed for it. I've got a friend that has an LS swapped RX7. It's a cool ass car. I'm sure there are RX7 fans out there that weep at the thought of the stock rotary losing it's home. I just think it's cool. I also think a stock-engined RX7 is cool too. I don't know, I guess I just don't get that caught up in it. If you end up building a sweet car that's something a little different, then I can respect that - if nothing else just for the challenge of it.

Take after this guy,heres a car that cant be to much more ruined

dont get me wrong..... nothing wrong with them I love the look of a clean black WS6. I've just always had mustangs and feel a lot more comforatable in one, esp racing with the kind of power this one has. Might sound stupid to some people, but just little things like the depth perception of the body with corvette/camaro having the long front ends, it just doesn't fit me/feel right.

Still not good reasoning to do it. To me it's a cheap way out.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing this build. I hate seeing LS swaps in fox bodies but in an SN95? Who cares, sn95s are gay anyways lol.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Lol, says the adamant guy :) Why does it matter? What makes you right and me wrong?

I wasn't referring to you I was quoting your friend in the post. And that's my opinion. I think RX 7's are garbage I think Mazdas garbage I think Chevy is definitely garbage! And also in my opinion ford is best followed by Dodge and everything else is meh whatever. I have my opinions and you and everybody else has their's. So besides the cost of building an LSshitbox over a ford. I honestly see no reason in doing it.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
honestly I've always been an LS hater.....bad. But hubby's shop sponsors several of the top LSx ODR/X275 guys and our customer base is the f-body (LSx series). So i'm at every LSx event and as a racer just sitting there get boring. I cant race my cobra or other GT because they have ford motors. This motor was originally built for LSx Real Street a few years back (before the class got crazy fast in the last 2 years) and has just sat since. Figured all I needed was a clean sn95 roller and I'll have something to race in the Rumble (index) class and True Street. I still refuse to drive an f-body, they are freaking aircraft carriers.

let hubby play with the Cheby girls. And you play with the NMRA maybe!?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Then you guys must really hate Carroll Shelby - I mean, that bastard took a perfectly good Ford motor and put it in a British car!!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Idk what's worse, the people that hate on non-Ford engine swaps or the people that do it and like to shove it in their face.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
But not a valid reason for someone to yet again ruin another stang.

Take after this guy,heres a car that cant be to much more ruined

Still not good reasoning to do it. To me it's a cheap way out.

here you go again.

This is a true form or Hot rodding.

I don't see what's so hard.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Touche my friend, touche

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

true hot rodding that's all this is.

Then you guys must really hate Carroll Shelby - I mean, that bastard took a perfectly good Ford motor and put it in a British car!!

Yeah ah really I guess people forget about the old days.

Idk what's worse, the people that hate on non-Ford engine swaps or the people that do it and like to shove it in their face.

i find it hilarious people seriously get so hot and bothered by it. I mean to the point of going on rants and rants and rants.

teal95gt

Reaction score
Haha wtf it's just a car guys relax for all I care she could put a honda lawn mower engine in it. I agree what Michael said, I look at it the same way your car your money do what you want to do and do whatever makes you happy despite what people think.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Ill step up on this one a label myself a hater! I say ditch that block, you have a sweet car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online