Forbidden Fruit, 6.8L PI 2v v10 build

joemomma

Reaction score
Right on, thanks. I think I had trouble getting the harness unplugged or something. I need to revisit this. Definitely looks better.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
That white interior is sick!

EDIT: any tips for the HVAC light upgrade? I pulled mine out when I was doing the cluster but didn't get very far, although I can't remember why at this point. Seems like I saw something that I was afraid I'd screw up.
Really you don't even have to unplug anything. Pull it out slightly. And it will have 2 sockets just like the gauge cluster. Just unscrew them. Pop the leds in. Out them back in. Turn the lights on. If one doesn't turn on. Just spin the socket 180 and it will work. Push it back in. Super easy

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
I’d pick Holley 10 out of 10 times. You could certainly run the V10 with the HP ECU (cheaper) and a cable driven throttle body. After all, you’ll have the same amount of engine sensors but only two extra coils/injectors compared to a V8.
Hmm I will have to call them the last time they told me the dominator is the only one that would run 10 injectors/coils

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
Just went up to the garage to pack a bunch of tools into the car to try and finish my half of this bartering project.. I am praying this guy isn't a scum bag and won't shaft me my taking my parts and sand bagging on the paint work. He says the painter is on vacay and that hopefully this week he will get my green car parts done. Going up to finish putting the engine in his car in the morning.. Test fire it.and if its good stab the rest of the drivetrain in.

Anywyay.. while I was up there I drained and disassembled the rear less the pinion removal. Once i get it all back together i plan to power wash it and purple power scrub it.. i will use a rust converting paint.20230414_215605.jpg

Do you thinking I should paint on some POR15 or just use an undercoating on the axle?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Just went up to the garage to pack a bunch of tools into the car to try and finish my half of this bartering project.. I am praying this guy isn't a scum bag and won't shaft me my taking my parts and sand bagging on the paint work. He says the painter is on vacay and that hopefully this week he will get my green car parts done. Going up to finish putting the engine in his car in the morning.. Test fire it.and if its good stab the rest of the drivetrain in.

Anywyay.. while I was up there I drained and disassembled the rear less the pinion removal. Once i get it all back together i plan to power wash it and purple power scrub it.. i will use a rust converting paint.View attachment 25212

Do you thinking I should paint on some POR15 or just use an undercoating on the axle?
POR15 hands down. Their stuff is direct to metal, dries hard, and looks good. I did a LS engine I built a couple years ago, POR15 orange and it still looks just like it did when it was fresh.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
I want this car to sit on my face
This can be arranged...
POR15 hands down. Their stuff is direct to metal, dries hard, and looks good. I did a LS engine I built a couple years ago, POR15 orange and it still looks just like it did when it was fresh.
Fuck it. I'll order some POR15 then! MaKe her nice and pretty!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
This can be arranged...

Fuck it. I'll order some POR15 then! MaKe her nice and pretty!
Good choice! Last time I used it, a sprayed it. If you do that, don’t thin the paint with anything. Otherwise, you can brush it on. You can call the folks over there and they are very helpful.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
Well I have some more updates.. most not tangible though...

First important update. The rotating balancer manufacturer finished up their trade shows using my rotating assembly and shipped my crank/rods pistons back.. they should arrive monday!!! :) Best part is it looks like thr balance service and freight back is free of charge since they used it for their trade shows.
IMG-1466.jpg

I am feeling giddy... then I can start measuring my main journals and bores again and order some bearings and check ring gap. Then I can start assembling the shortblock.here is the balance sheet.
IMG-1463.jpg

Next up I had a serious chat with the man doing the head porting. He is very behind on his work and my patience has run thin. So we talked it out and it looks like he's getting to work sending me picture updates. Told him we can reevaluate after the porting is finished. received_760337139059828.jpegreceived_1623721528129346.jpeg

Has it marked out to enlarge the port openings. And start doing the deeper port work on the radius, bowl work. Etc. Sure hope it makes some power.

And last but not least I went to my buddies wedding rehearsal last night in Eastern PA. So I decided to make something extra out of all of the driving. Took half of the day off and drove out to Carlisle to meet up with s guy parting out an 03 GT where I picked this up. TR3650 claimed running and driving, smooth shifting, no grinding syncros, stays in gear, and the trans harness for $550. Which is awesome. Two more major expenses checked off the list. The major expense list is now as follows
-head work(port/valve/guide work/deck etc.
-tubular K member/suspension. Figuring that out as I go. Open to ideas.
-standalone ecu or superduty sct
-dakots digital cluster unless I can wire the stock cluster in.
-tune
-fuel system.. still need to figure that one out.

20230505_213943.jpg20230505_213951.jpg20230505_213957.jpg20230505_214006.jpg

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
nice more v10 progress
Was starting to get discouraged about the v10 part of this project actually coming to fruition. Lol.now it appears to be back on track. Well see how it goes til the Wire/ecu part. That and the header building will be the major hurdles once the engine/trans are together. Those are the parts where I am scratching my head. The fuel system I have options.. go the stock truck route of return less using their rails, or go return and continue making my custom rails, which need clearances for the cops, brackets to bolt them to the intake, ORB o ring features on the end for the AN fittings, and possibly a provision for a frps.

Once everything is in and running I can start planning a custom intake manifold so I can fit everything under the cobra R hood. Probably a breadbox intake unless 2 vic jr intakes land in my lap, LOL.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’ve always loved the bread box style intakes. . I really want to hear what it sounds like .

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
I’ve always loved the bread box style intakes. . I really want to hear what it sounds like .
You and me both! I will definitely be doing a lot of videos once it's together. Hopefully longtubes, an off road H and flowmasters will sound good. Kind of an unknown area since the truck/excursion exhausts have a funky misshapen Y pipe that makes a wookie noise.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You and me both! I will definitely be doing a lot of videos once it's together. Hopefully longtubes, an off road H and flowmasters will sound good. Kind of an unknown area since the truck/excursion exhausts have a funky misshapen Y pipe that makes a wookie noise.
Yea my friends superduty had long tubes and true duals that we made with dual flowmasters was zf6 unit sounded pretty cool . Was huge on 42” swampers . With an h pipe it will sound deadly

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
Well I decided to do a little paint work in the backyard of my new home. Prepped and painted the convertible surround trim.
20230511_204204.jpg

Cowl panel.. despite having a crack or 2.. just incase I don't like this local guys carbon fiber cowl panel. 20230511_204146.jpg

Removed the mirror glass, prepped and sprayed those as well.20230511_204221.jpg
20230511_204225.jpg

All of the pieces were shot with SEM 39143 trim paint.. stuff looks great! I also tried to spray the charcoal knee panel under the steering wheel that I found. I must have done a poor job cleaning it. It seems as if half of the paint was rejected and looked all scaly... guess I need to scuff it/sand it down again and clean the fuck out of it. Will use soap and water followed by alcohol and a cotton towel. Hopefully that will work. Perhaps I will drill out the rivets on the door handles and do those at the same time.

trippieTim

Reaction score
Im very excited to see the dyno graph on the V10. at the edge of my seat for this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online