How to beat a 01' Z28???

97woodward

Reaction score
I have a buddy who has a 01 Z28 (auto). He has a CAI, Full exhaust, and a tune. What would it take for me to beat him? Is it possible to accomplish this without a blower? I plan to get either a Vortech or Procharger in the near future but as for right now, im wondering if its even conceivable.

My car has:

Bullitt Suspension Kit O/R Borla X-pipe w/ flowmaster mufflers
MM RLCA's
MM Caster camber plates BBK CAI
FFRP 4.10s
SCT Full Dyno Tune
Brand New Romeo PI CAMS (will be installed next week)
PI intake manifold Kit (livernois) (will be installed next week)
TransGO Shift Kit
Strut Tower Brace

Near future Mods

3500 Stall BC Automotive Torque converter
BC Valve Body kit (to replace TransGO)

PI Heads or NPI Ported (yet to decide if i want to do this)

Procharger or Vortech with Intercooler + Dyno tune

Alright, now I know that with my current mods plus my future modifications i would easily win. But would i have a chance with my current mods and my future mods minus the Blower? So basically would that BC 3500 stall plus my mods give me a chance?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
AaRoN said:
You should be able to take him from a dig with your 4.10's (IF, you can drive) :)

He's auto...

race him and find out how close it is.

if you need more power than make more power

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
i dunno man, you shouldnt have any problem off the line, cause my buddy has an 01 z28 and he cannot keep up at all, and im all motor so i dunno, i dont think hes a good driver though :whip: haha

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
95 svt cobra said:
i dunno man, you shouldnt have any problem off the line, cause my buddy has an 01 z28 and he cannot keep up at all, and im all motor so i dunno, i dont think hes a good driver though :whip: haha

Bottom line is every car is differant..

your racing an auto so there really is no driver variable.

I think it will be close...race him and find out.

If you lose then you know you need more power to beat him.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
yeah, i eventually will, i dont normally race too often but when i do i want to know its at least going to be a good race. I cant see how my 4.6 would keep up with a ls1 though. I often hear about these races and they are normally never in the 4.6s' favor.

voidfinger

Reaction score
only 4.6 i've seen was a supercharged one with like 14 psi out of a novi 2k unit and it had blower cams and slightly ported heads and 4.10's and a H/C/I ls1 walked it...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
only 4.6 i've seen was a supercharged one with like 14 psi out of a novi 2k unit and it had blower cams and slightly ported heads and 4.10's and a H/C/I ls1 walked it...

HCI LS1 is amazing haha.

he will catch you and walk away from you...end of story.

So get a stall and let off at like 80 haha...that way he wont catch you and you can say you won.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
What do you guys suggest in terms of real notice of power increase for a good price. Im thinking that this decision is gonna play an important role in what I end up doing to this car this year. Im thinking Im either going to get the BC 3500 Torque Converter or a used Procharger or Vortech Blower. I have to pay for the installation of these components as I stated earlier.

So I understand the Blower will make the biggest increase in power, but in terms of price to power is it worth it to wait till summer and buy the used blower or should i get the BC torque converter and just wait till next year for the blower? As ive stated before this car is only my daily driver but i want it to be able to hold its own. What would you do in this situation?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You have pretty much zero chance against a full bolt on LS1 the way your car sit's. Even with the converter, you'll only be in low 13's.

Boost it, spray it, or bump the compression and cam the hell out of it. And I prefer them in that order.

moot09

Reaction score
time for me to blow off some steam. alright first of all i hate camaros. i respect a nice looking one taht doesnt sound like a retarded nascar. but the usual camaro guys that have $150 invested in their car cause they threw on some flows and talk shit on fords. alright liitle outburst is over lol

voidfinger

Reaction score
moot09 said:
time for me to blow off some steam. alright first of all i hate camaros. i respect a nice looking one taht doesnt sound like a retarded nascar. but the usual camaro guys that have $150 invested in their car cause they threw on some flows and talk shit on fords. alright liitle outburst is over lol

moot its simple they throw 150 dollars at the car and talk shit to us because they can and there is usually nothing we can do about it... just pray that their rear end gives.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
moot09 said:

moot its simple they throw 150 dollars at the car and talk shit to us because they can and there is usually nothing we can do about it... just pray that their rear end gives.

QFT!!!

Most Mustang guy's throw on a set of LM1's and talk trash, what';s the difference? Oh, about 100 horsepower

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online