How to beat a 01' Z28???

low9sGT hahajk

Reaction score
If you want to beat an LS1 without an assload of mods, do an LS1 swap. Best of both worlds.

How do you guys say Camaro's are ugly?
camaro.jpg

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
low9sGT hahajk said:
If you want to beat an LS1 without an assload of mods, do an LS1 swap. Best of both worlds.

camaro.jpg

You want to know how I say Camaro's are ugly.

Camaro's are not only ugly... They are fucking ugly.

And Justin... Ricer's always compare HP per liter so yes, you are using ricer math there.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
low9sGT hahajk said:

camaro.jpg

You want to know how I say Camaro's are ugly.

Camaro's are not only ugly... They are ******* ugly.

And Justin... Ricer's always compare HP per liter so yes, you are using ricer math there.

:agree: 100%

voidfinger

Reaction score
I kinda like the catfish. But yea if it wasn't so complicated i would put a ls1 in my car :)

moot09

Reaction score
ya ive seen simialar to that. i saw this one guy at a car show here in tulsa that had a chevy small block dropped into a fox body lol

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
thanks for the advice, I plan on getting a blower this summer. Probably either a Vortech with Intercooler or a Procharger Kit w/ Intercooler. How would I be looking then? Would I still be in for a bit of a fight? I have all my PI parts sitting here, I will be getting them installed soon. I am probably going to be leaving my cars NPI heads as is unless there is an extreme power difference.

But with my current mods listed on my signature, PI cams and PI Intake Manifold Kit, along with a BC Automotive Valve Body kit and a Procharger or Vortech Kit would I be well in the lead at that point? What should I expect with these modifications? Thanks for the replys!

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
With 10 psi you should be able to handle a full bolt on Z with ease. Expect about 350 rwhp.

BTW, you guy's wanna argue about Camaros and catfish and deny the truth, theres a smacktalk thread in the lounge for that, keep it out of tech threads please :thumb:

Bluesn95

Reaction score
I was thinking with a good tune more like 400 at the wheels with that much psi.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
I was thinking with a good tune more like 400 at the wheels with that much psi.

Not through manifolds and NPI heads at stock compression. Besides, I always say low, that way when/if they get more they are happy, lol.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
if I went with PI heads or ported my NPI heads and went with a trick flow manifold what would i be at as far as rwhp? would that be a wise move?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, you'd probably pick up and easy 40-50 horsepower... I mean this stuff is all guesses though. Obviously, ported or better flowing heads will pick up power, but the budget you are working with, port em later.

bluestang96

Reaction score
97woodward said:
thanks for the advice, I plan on getting a blower this summer. Probably either a Vortech with Intercooler or a Procharger Kit w/ Intercooler. How would I be looking then? Would I still be in for a bit of a fight? I have all my PI parts sitting here, I will be getting them installed soon. I am probably going to be leaving my cars NPI heads as is unless there is an extreme power difference.

But with my current mods listed on my signature, PI cams and PI Intake Manifold Kit, along with a BC Automotive Valve Body kit and a Procharger or Vortech Kit would I be well in the lead at that point? What should I expect with these modifications? Thanks for the replys!

Do you happen to know what how much the Z-28 is putting to the ground?

voidfinger

Reaction score
I've seen bone stock 6speeds putting 315 to 325 rwhp on a mustang dyno so maybe 325-335 on a dyno jet. Pretty much what they are rated they put to the ground. GM and Chevy like to do "real" numbers and not flywheel numbers that still don't compete like ford.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
Yeah. Some people are retarded. You can't compare a 281 to a 350. Well I guess you can but it would be pointless. That nes dude needs to chill out. They've got over 30% more motor. you'd be better off comparing a 4.6 with a 305 chevy.

hmm that nes dude needs to chill out?? considering i was simply stating facts, not opinions, i said comparing the 2 is stupid, yet every1 seems to wanna think the mod motor is superior to the ls series motor. sorry you thought wrong. and saying IF ford did this and IF ford did that is even more retarded, because they didnt do it, stop bench racing and face the facts. ive been on this forum for years, infact alot of mustang forums, and the only things that piss me off are newbs thinking they mean somthing, newbs trying to come up with a solution to make their mustang "different", and stupid comments like "if ford made a 5.7l motor it would smoke GM's". :TY:

but being completely honest, i prefer fords car over GMs for alot of reasons. id take a stang over a lsx car any day. however give credit where its due, and dont try to sugar coat things like your motor is better then GMs stock vs stock, hell even modded to hell on the stock shortblocks the lsx is still gunna win.

to the OP, i had 1500 invested in the setup when i got my first lsx victory... with your future mods against their average drivers it should be a drivers race if he is stock

Marvin97

Reaction score
I agree with earlier statements, the catfish is one ugly sports car. At the same time, dont pull up to a z28 at a stop light, and rev your stock 4.6 with flows cause you think you've got something. You'll get your ass handed to you in a heartbeat. No offense to anyone, but I've found the 2 cockiest kinda drivers on the streets are guys with mustangs, and Dodge diesel pickups(around here anyway). And when I say cocky mustang owners, im referring to the kids that put on a set of flows and a set of wheels and go street race every honda they can find. The kinda people that have their oil changed at WalMart cause they're to stupid or stuck up to do it themselves. Anyway, the real problem that im starting to see more and more of is guys taking old foxes and dropping in 350's and newer model ls1's and spraying them. Theres actually a club of them around here, and there nothing to snuff at. Kills me to see it, but u cant argue with the power..

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Quit cluttering up the thread... the OP doesn't care, take your arguements to the smacktalk thread, please

bluestang96

Reaction score
quote author=voidfinger link=topic=23520.msg433889#msg433889 date=1206706862]
I've seen bone stock 6speeds putting 315 to 325 rwhp on a mustang dyno so maybe 325-335 on a dyno jet. Pretty much what they are rated they put to the ground. GM and Chevy like to do "real" numbers and not flywheel numbers that still don't compete like ford.
[/quote]

I am aware of what they are capable of putting down stock but my question was directed to the OP and in reference to this particular Z-28. Also a reason the numbers were deflated was not to encroach on corvette territory.

voidfinger

Reaction score
o ok got ya.

TO THE OP, check out my youtube vid in my sig and you will see what a 4.6 will do to a ls1 lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online