How to beat a 01' Z28???

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
well if i get the torque converter then I wont be able to get a blower until next year. If I go with the blower then I would probably have to wait until this summer to put it in. I understand that the power the blower will offer is unmatched, but as far as price goes what is a more cost effective modification? Would I see extremely great gains with the 3500 stall? what would you guys suggest?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
97woodward said:
well if i get the torque converter then I wont be able to get a blower until next year. If I go with the blower then I would probably have to wait until this summer to put it in. I understand that the power the blower will offer is unmatched, but as far as price goes what is a more cost effective modification? Would I see extremely great gains with the 3500 stall? what would you guys suggest?

For the way you use the car, the blower would be a better bang for your buck.

moot09

Reaction score
J.R. said:
voidfinger said:
moot09 said:
time for me to blow off some steam. alright first of all i hate camaros. i respect a nice looking one taht doesnt sound like a retarded nascar. but the usual camaro guys that have $150 invested in their car cause they threw on some flows and talk shit on fords. alright liitle outburst is over lol

moot its simple they throw 150 dollars at the car and talk shit to us because they can and there is usually nothing we can do about it... just pray that their rear end gives.

QFT!!!

Most Mustang guy's throw on a set of LM1's and talk trash, what';s the difference? Oh, about 100 horsepower
ha ya but like i said i was just blowin off some stea cuz this rich kid at my school's dad jsut bought him an ss. kinda blows but o well. haha ya either that or like they fly away or something idk lol

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
moot09 said:
time for me to blow off some steam. alright first of all i hate camaros. i respect a nice looking one taht doesnt sound like a retarded nascar. but the usual camaro guys that have $150 invested in their car cause they threw on some flows and talk shit on fords. alright liitle outburst is over lol

really?is that all the arguement you got as to y you hate them? STFU! its the dumbest arguement ever, i bet you love termis dont you, and machs and cobras but wait those cars respond just as well to simple boltons if not better. i dont see how its logical to hate a car because it makes more power for less money. its really fcking stupid, you should go slap yourself for even thinking it was an arguement worth discussing...

/rant

dont even try to come up with something as a come back, you wont win, gm owns ford when it comes to making stout NA motors, and to the OP, your not gunna beat one NA esp if you are asking how to(not to be rude, but if u wanna know how to, you probably dont have the know how to put it all together)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
nes said:
moot09 said:

really?is that all the arguement you got as to y you hate them? STFU! its the dumbest arguement ever, i bet you love termis dont you, and machs and cobras but wait those cars respond just as well to simple boltons if not better. i dont see how its logical to hate a car because it makes more power for less money. its really fcking stupid, you should go slap yourself for even thinking it was an arguement worth discussing...

/rant

dont even try to come up with something as a come back, you wont win, gm owns ford when it comes to making stout NA motors, and to the OP, your not gunna beat one NA esp if you are asking how to(not to be rude, but if u wanna know how to, you probably dont have the know how to put it all together)

uh, I disagree with that... Fords 4v motors arent bad at all. If ford made a larger displacement motor then it would be a differant story.

You cant compare a crappy 4.6 to a 5.7...of course the 5.7 will walk the 4.6

But the 4v 4.6 in the mach ones are pretty sweet engines and are capable of beating/hanging with a lot of the lt1/ls1 guys.

Imagine a 5.4 4v in a mach one, My money would be on the 5.4 4v mach beating a ls1/lt1..just saying, Chevys engineering isnt any better than fords, they just have like 70 cubic inches on most of us 4.6 guys.

Look at the new 4.6 3vs...they make like 62 hp a liter, add 1 liter and youve got 362 hp out of a 5.6l

IMO, if ford made a 5.7, the ford would make more power and walk the chevies

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
nes said:
moot09 said:

/rant

Yeah, maybe because they release something AFTER Ford does. Sorry man, but arguing how great and mighty Chevy's are on a Mustang forum is kinda silly. Don't you think? :dunno:

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I think the 4th gen f-bodies are ugly as hell. Even the new car is ugly as hell. That being said, I would not hesitate to put an LSx in my car. Don't think for a moment that you won't be seeing a Project Blasphemy sometime in the near future.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Oh, and to the OP... If you want to beat the Z28, spray it. Pill it til you kill it!

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
nes said:
moot09 said:

/rant

Yeah, maybe because they release something AFTER Ford does. Sorry man, but arguing how great and mighty Chevy's are on a Mustang forum is kinda silly. Don't you think? :dunno:

no its just fact, we all know the ls motor is superior to mustangs 4.6(not even worth comparing the 2, however every1 tends to wanna do it all the time). i never bought a ford for power purposes though, i bought it for the overall styling.

and disagreeing is fine, im sure IF ford made a 5.7 it would be competitive, but they didnt, so how is that GMs fault? ford motors arent large displacment motors getting 30+mpg . i know ive been off the board for a little while but that doesnt mean i have forgotten. its simple, GM built a superior motor, who cares how much power it makes per liter? we arent honda owners, their stock motors have been known to make 100HP per liter, do we talk them up? no!

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
eh... not worth getting your panties in a wad.

Took a Ford guy for GM to make a good motor.

moot09

Reaction score
nes said:
moot09 said:

/rant

dude chill like i said in the begining statement i was blowing off some steam. i guess people arent aloud to do that . i know i said i hate camaros and stuff like that but again thats me ranting. im not going to argue this not becuase i think i will win or lose but its jsut a bad can of beans so to speak. didnt mean to piss anybody off in this case this guy. i really just dont like camaros. big deal. i jsut see them a dime a dozen with the same shit. probably cuz i live in oklahoma lol. but dude again i didnt mean to piss you off or anybody else.

OP
OP

97woodward

Reaction score
wow, nes you seem a little worked up about this. And to begin with I started this thread for an idea of what was necessary to purchase in order to beat a Zo6. Im not trying to achieve this n/a.

bluestang96

Reaction score
In all honesty you probably won't beat your buddy with you just on all motor. The LS1 is a great NA motor and with him already in the bolt-on category you will more than likely need to look into a blower/ turbo or nitrous. 01-02 LS1 engines recieved the ls6 manifolds and a cam better suited for bottem end torque which also doesn't help you out. Also a new exhaust system on 4 gen F-bodies alone yields what just about every bolt-on does for a 4.6L. Good luck fighting the catfish.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
The whole point of the hp per liter thing was becuase you were saying that chevy built superior n/a motors.

My point is that if thye were equal in size I bet the ford motor would be just as strong.
If honda made a 5.7 liter engine it would be bad ass.

But they cant squeeze 100 hp per liter when the engine is bigger than 2 liters.

thier 3.5 v6s make like 260 hp.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Yeah. Some people are retarded. You can't compare a 281 to a 350. Well I guess you can but it would be pointless. That nes dude needs to chill out. They've got over 30% more motor. you'd be better off comparing a 4.6 with a 305 chevy.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
Yeah. Some people are retarded. You can't compare a 281 to a 350. Well I guess you can but it would be pointless. That nes dude needs to chill out. They've got over 30% more motor. you'd be better off comparing a 4.6 with a 305 chevy.

4.6>chevy 305

Bluesn95

Reaction score
Exactly my point. 281 dominates a 305 with less cubes. I'd like to see ford make a dohc high compression 351

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
Exactly my point. 281 dominates a 305 with less cubes. I'd like to see ford make a dohc high compression 351

definately.

Ford 5.4 4 valve in the 2000 cobra R makes 385 hp, 385 tq

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shagg9

Members online