I'm thinking about buying a Skyline

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I'm still thinking about parting ways with my '98 GT and picking up something different for a daily driver. Lately, I had been considering a regular cab, 99-06 Silverado. Then, I rode around in my mother in laws ecoboost F150...

Then, I look around and all I see are Silverados, F-150s, and just about every other vehicle I come up with to buy... So.. I've decided to look waay outside the box:

landscape-1438628513-547e9576ce4b5-gm9a7828-lg.jpg

Yes! Godzilla!!!

Found some good reading on this topic:

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2010/05/real-basics-nissan-skyline-gt-r-r32-r33.html

Here's a guy's review of a R32 GT-R:

[video=youtube;2L_qXx51Saw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L_qXx51Saw[/video]

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice those have been forever now on Canada

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I feel like you're going to love looking for parts.

I'm sure you're right, as they're not in every junkyard or all over Craigslist. A lot of the maintenance parts interchange with 300ZX, old Infinity J30, and a few other domestic models. There's a shop in New Orleans that tunes them as well. I don't want one to turn into my old Gran Turismo 2 monster :rofl: I'd have to sell my '95 GT and that's not an option.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Motor stuff is easy. Finding oem exterior is difficult, the interior seems to be the most difficult if you are missing any parts

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I had a guy park behind me a few days ago at target here in FL in a R34 skyline... How he had it legal to drive i have no idea, but it was tagged. That is by far the only import i would ever own after my first experience with one.

If it'll make you happy, i say do it!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I dont know how to take this post........

I was seriously asking how much you wanted for it, but I was joking about the pawning it off easily part.

Oh ok.. Well, when the time comes I'm going to switch the wheels and front bumper with my '95 and probably sell
it for cheap.. 2500 or maybe a little more, I'm about to finish the PI swap and exhaust. It's a cool car but it was always expendable!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Oh ok.. Well, when the time comes I'm going to switch the wheels and front bumper with my '95 and probably sell
it for cheap.. 2500 or maybe a little more, I'm about to finish the PI swap and exhaust. It's a cool car but it was always expendable!

Good to know. Im going to keep this in mind. When the time comes, let me know. I need a mustang that I can drive and if all is right in my world at that time then we will see what we can work out.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You've got some time, likely at least a year. Who knows, everything is subject to change at a moments notice.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Wait for the better one an r33 !! And a company used to import them and go through customs and mods needed to be done i saved a pdf after a long search but im really waiting to import a wagon as a daily

Bauman_Octane

Reaction score
I'm sure you're right, as they're not in every junkyard or all over Craigslist. A lot of the maintenance parts interchange with 300ZX, old Infinity J30, and a few other domestic models. There's a shop in New Orleans that tunes them as well. I don't want one to turn into my old Gran Turismo 2 monster :rofl: I'd have to sell my '95 GT and that's not an option.

tru and not true. brakes and a couple other parts only. engne. forget it. my buddy has had his in his garage for 5 years already. $10,000 bottom end for the engine and parts is like a easter egg hunt.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
tru and not true. brakes and a couple other parts only. engne. forget it. my buddy has had his in his garage for 5 years already. $10,000 bottom end for the engine and parts is like a easter egg hunt.

Sounds about right but not enough to deter me. If it breaks, I'll just drive my racecar to my buddies and carpool or steal my wife's car lol..

Is that $10k figure USD or CAD? Also, that must be a serious bottom end?

Bauman_Octane

Reaction score
Sounds about right but not enough to deter me. If it breaks, I'll just drive my racecar to my buddies and carpool or steal my wife's car lol..

Is that $10k figure USD or CAD? Also, that must be a serious bottom end?

haha nice you got this figured out lol. and ya that was $10,000 cad. and he has been known to exagerate. ya i beleive it has manley rods, pistons, arp harware. bearings. bore hone all that jazz. it was a shot engine as most are. but either way the rb26dett is a pretty sweet engine just wish it wasn't so japanese specific. I started loving cars starting with jdm. i had a couple to! had a rhd 300zx tt. just got rid of my canadian lhd mk1 mr2. learned tons about them. when it came to wanting a project car that was acheivable on a budget the mustang really stood out lol. around here where i live (edmonton alberta canada) the jdm scene is huge and mostly consist's of subarus, evo's 240's supra's and skylines. getting a mustang was literally something different then everyone else haha. first week ownig it i layed a whooping on a FDrx7 turbo and never looked back. but i will be first to turn my head to hear the sound of straight six!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online