My "re" build thread - Trick flow/turbo build

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Cams yet? :)

I'm not going to start waiting on mine until after you get yours.

NO :(

Today is 4 weeks, and I was told 2-3. MHS said the day they get them they'll ship everything out, but still haven't even gotten the call that they came in. Does Jim use Bullet? For some reason I thought he used Comp

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
NO :(

Today is 4 weeks, and I was told 2-3. MHS said the day they get them they'll ship everything out, but still haven't even gotten the call that they came in. Does Jim use Bullet? For some reason I thought he used Comp

I didn't even ask because I just assumed he still used bullet. Thats what he used when I bought cams from him back in the VT days.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't even ask because I just assumed he still used bullet. Thats what he used when I bought cams from him back in the VT days.

Hmmm. Now the real problem is when you get your cams before me!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Finally got the short block from machine shop today. Nothing too exciting to look at while its wrapped up, but I should be able to get this entire long block put together pretty quick as soon as I get my heads/cams setup this week from MHS:

Shortblock consists of my 97 block from previous setup, had to go .030 over
Used same Manley H beam rods, used same ARP 2000 bolts, used same Cobra crank
Went with Diamond 19cc pistons with upgraded H13 wrist pins and Total Seal AP rings
Ended up milling the block .010 to keep compression at 10:1

Now the fun can begin

1bad95

Reaction score
Coming together quickly! It's gonna be NASTY!! When do you think you will have it back together?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Coming together quickly! It's gonna be NASTY!! When do you think you will have it back together?

I hope so! Well honestly I'll probably have the entire long block done within the next few weeks. I'm going to hit a slow period soon though cause I'm doing a battery relocation, tucking all the harness wiring, and doing Scott rod fab panels and than engine bay will need paint. I still need turbo, wastegate, blow off valve, intercooler, cold side, boost controller...still got a lot to do with the turbo setup but I should have entire long block together pretty quick

McCloud

Reaction score
I hope so! Well honestly I'll probably have the entire long block done within the next few weeks. I'm going to hit a slow period soon though cause I'm doing a battery relocation, tucking all the harness wiring, and doing Scott rod fab panels and than engine bay will need paint. I still need turbo, wastegate, blow off valve, intercooler, cold side, boost controller...still got a lot to do with the turbo setup but I should have entire long block together pretty quick
That's what I keep telling myself. Then something else I've overlooked pops up and pushes my timeline back another few weeks. Now it's just lack of money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1bad95

Reaction score
Very cool! It's gonna be a beast when done!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
That's what I keep telling myself. Then something else I've overlooked pops up and pushes my timeline back another few weeks. Now it's just lack of money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Haha I hear ya on that. Unfortunately this is my second time around on this car so all the little odds/ends I'm hoping I should already have caught first time around. But as everyone knows turbo setups are never 100% done first time around

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Heads/cams shipped today, will be here Wednesday. Setup is Trickflow 38cc, 125lb springs, MHS Gen 2 Stage 3 turbo cams, ARP cam bolts, Ford GT rockers, and degree service. Once I get some solid time to work on this should have long block together and hot side fabbed up pretty quick. Next on the list will be the Precision PW46 wastegate, Precision 7675 turbo, and I'm going to start working on engine bay and do a battery relocation and Scott rod fab panels

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online