My "re" build thread - Trick flow/turbo build

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yup, polished turbo and black blanket. Definitely going to tie together better.

And if if I may ask, you can tell me to get bent if you'd like, what does the plenum cost new? I've got mine used and like the clean front so I'll be interested in doing that in the future.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yup, polished turbo and black blanket. Definitely going to tie together better.

And if if I may ask, you can tell me to get bent if you'd like, what does the plenum cost new? I've got mine used and like the clean front so I'll be interested in doing that in the future.

Thanks for the input, thats what I'm leaning towards as of now.

I don't care at all. I just paid Aaron @ 6061 $295 and that's what he charges for custom doing the plenum, shipping included. I had him put 2 1/4" npt and one 3/8" npt all on the rear and he had it to me in a week and a half.

1bad95

Reaction score
Love the elbow! Def gonna clean up a already very clean bay! Can't wait to see this car progress!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
head/cam sighting yet?

I ordered cams yesterday and Cushman said it will probably be a few weeks. I heard bullett cams has been backed up all summer.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
head/cam sighting yet?

I ordered cams yesterday and Cushman said it will probably be a few weeks. I heard bullett cams has been backed up all summer.

Nada yet. I actually reached out to Jordan today and he is expecting them any day. one of Bullet's CNC machines was down, so i think there was a little delay with that. I was initially told 2-3 weeks and it's been exactly 3 weeks so hopefully soon. Which cams did you decide on?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about that damn machine :( If yours haven't been cut yet then you may be in for another delay. It was the machine they have setup for modular cams.

I went with the CMS 2.5's cut for TFS heads.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I heard about that damn machine :( If yours haven't been cut yet then you may be in for another delay. It was the machine they have setup for modular cams.

I went with the CMS 2.5's cut for TFS heads.

I heard as of yesterday it was back up and running so hopefully we are good. Awesome! His blower grinds? That should be a perfect street cam

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I heard as of yesterday it was back up and running so hopefully we are good. Awesome! His blower grinds? That should be a perfect street cam

Yes, the blower cams.

I have a set of the old VT stage 2 blower cams sitting on the shelf but I wanted the TFS set for the next build.

I'll probably just sell the St 2's.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Had my timing cover, power steering bracket, and gooseneck powder coated wrinkle black:

And to the GOOD STUFF! Got my CG Fab hot side in today! Man, this stuff is top notch quality. Absolutely can't wait to start getting this mocked up.

This is totally a turbo newbie question, but will I need a gasket where the T4 opening is on the merge pipe and between the turbo opening flange? Something like this?

https://shop.precisionturbo.net/index.php/parts/gaskets/inlet-gasket-t4-4-bolt.html

McCloud

Reaction score
Had my timing cover, power steering bracket, and gooseneck powder coated wrinkle black:

And to the GOOD STUFF! Got my CG Fab hot side in today! Man, this stuff is top notch quality. Absolutely can't wait to start getting this mocked up.

This is totally a turbo newbie question, but will I need a gasket where the T4 opening is on the merge pipe and between the turbo opening flange? Something like this?

https://shop.precisionturbo.net/index.php/parts/gaskets/inlet-gasket-t4-4-bolt.html
Looks great! I really wish I'd have taken the time to get my timing cover powdercoated during my engine build. I will probably get the power steering bracket coated once I get the car tuned and running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I just used red high temp silicon. That said, if you can find a quality metal crush gasket, i would do that and the high temp silicon as well.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Looks great! I really wish I'd have taken the time to get my timing cover powdercoated during my engine build. I will probably get the power steering bracket coated once I get the car tuned and running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks man. It's at a point where I'm just sitting around waiting for parts to show up so I can nit pick and do little things that I probably wouldn't have initially thought of either haha

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I just used red high temp silicon. That said, if you can find a quality metal crush gasket, i would do that and the high temp silicon as well.

Thanks for the input. And what is your take on V-band connections? Should I be using anything in this area or just the V-band clamps and that's it?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. And what is your take on V-band connections? Should I be using anything in this area or just the V-band clamps and that's it?

I just used the Vband clamp. If the hotside was built with the V band flanges clamped together, it should seal up fine. If not, a small thin smear of silicon (very little) between the flanges will help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAR_19

Members online