Pics of the hack job on my truck.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Sometimes i wonder about people

IMG_0256.jpg

Notice the broken welds, and Where the bag was rubbing the METAL Bump Stop.
IMG_0248.jpg

Smoothing out the plate
IMG_0249.jpg

Where the metal bump stop was hitting.
IMG_0250.jpg

Im loving the craftsmanship here
IMG_0252.jpg

2 gashes in the bag
IMG_0251.jpg

Welded Mounting Stud...(thats safe)
IMG_0253.jpg

Another bag, another gash
IMG_0254.jpg

The light brown part on the bottom of the bag is where there is a hole.
IMG_0255.jpg

Look at all the jagged edges

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I don't know airbags, but those look like hell. :nonono:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Ya me and my father spent 20+ man hours the last 2 days fixing everything. Took the bags out of the rear, New shocks all the way around, we smoothed things up with the grinder, cut some corners smooth, i re-welded the plate.

Really now all i need is a C notch in the rear (found out its a 6in drop) and get a new bag for the front (has a slight leak) and i should be good till i do the new bag setup.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
KB said:
Ya me and my father spent 20+ man hours the last 2 days fixing everything. Took the bags out of the rear, New shocks all the way around, we smoothed things up with the grinder, cut some corners smooth, i re-welded the plate.

Really now all i need is a C notch in the rear (found out its a 6in drop) and get a new bag for the front (has a slight leak) and i should be good till i do the new bag setup.

How was the ride?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well now it rides great, i need the notch in the rear and it will ride like a cadi, but before it was horrible, every little bump in the road would bounce me out of the seat.

97blackgt

Reaction score
wow that is a real hackjob man.....some poeple are true cobbers

anyways hopefully it rides a little better than it did before ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
seeing that makes me wonder what else has been jerry rigged on that truck :-\

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
well from what i have seen now, all preventative maitanance has been denied. Oil is very dark and the stereo system was also extremley ghetto

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
KB said:
Snakebit said:
well from what i have seen now, all preventative maitanance has been denied. Oil is very dark and the stereo system was also extremley ghetto

ewwwwww :( :( :( :( :( well its in your hands now so that crap can be fixed the RIGHT way :boink:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Im working on it man. I bought the exact same deck i had in the stang cause #1 i loved the memory stick #2 the one in the mustang was hacked up when someone tried to yank it.

I already ordered 2 new bags for the front, and im taking it to a friend of mine that does crazy bag setups for a living and hes going to notch the rear. After that whenever i get my tax return check in, im going back up to Kwik Kar (where i used to work and my buddies still work) and im going to overhaul this thing.

It has dark oil
Brake fluid needs to be flushed
i have a tranny pan gasket leak
rear diff leak

so i will prob fix all that, do an engine flush before new oil goes in. And replace all fluids with Royal purple. Its going to cost me $500 or so but should be worth it.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
KB said:
every little bump in the road would bounce me out of the seat.

I dont know why, but picturing you bouncing outta your seat made me LOL :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: