Reprogram Keyless Entry Remotes

302N20

Reaction score
nope, don't have it, I have nothing but empty space behind there. I guess I have all the GT options except keyless, leather, and MACH 460

Mustanger

Reaction score
302N20 said:
nope, don't have it, I have nothing but empty space behind there. I guess I have all the GT options except keyless, leather, and MACH 460

That is what I was saying above...I don't have the wiring or module either. The best way for us now is a good alarm system with remote door features...we already have the electric locks so it will be simple. Good luck.

Traidmarx

Reaction score
i just looked in mine..becuase i've never had a key fob for it since i've owned it..and back in the back the box is gone..the wire harnes is there but nothing in the little rack where it should be. I still have the original window sticker in from the car the previous owner kept it. and it did come with keyless entry so could i add the module and make it work?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Traidmarx said:
i just looked in mine..becuase i've never had a key fob for it since i've owned it..and back in the back the box is gone..the wire harnes is there but nothing in the little rack where it should be. I still have the original window sticker in from the car the previous owner kept it. and it did come with keyless entry so could i add the module and make it work?

just buy a remote and follow the procedures to program the key fob.

Traidmarx

Reaction score
so the box is actually behind that mounting bracket thing that says anti theft??

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
How do I jump a wire, do i just lay it out on the ground and jump over it? J/p BUt really how do i do it?

Mustanger

Reaction score
Traidmarx said:

Darn I wish I had your wires! I bought the electronics to do just that but no wiring in my car I found...wanna buy it $25?? Plus a key fob? Somebody has to get some good out of my mistake...

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I just bought a set of jumper wires for like 4 bucks lol, I like stuff easy as possible.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
HA i took some lamp cord i had leftover from a job and took my gator clips and jumped it.

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
St33da said:
scarface said:
How do you find out if your car came with this from the factory?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all GT's with the exception of the GTS came with it. Remove the pannel in your trunk like you are going to access your tail lights, then on the drivers side you should see a small box that says anti-theft on it. If you see that, then your car has it.

Did all the Cobras come with this?

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
T-5 Killer said:
St33da said:
scarface said:
How do you find out if your car came with this from the factory?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all GT's with the exception of the GTS came with it. Remove the pannel in your trunk like you are going to access your tail lights, then on the drivers side you should see a small box that says anti-theft on it. If you see that, then your car has it.

Did all the Cobras come with this?

Keyless? im pretty sure.

Anti-theft? i hope so

if there isnt a Anti-theft box back where he said there is, check behind the black plastic mounting plate for a black box. if that black box is there, you have keyless

boss94gt

Reaction score
3. Find the plug with 2 terminals and nothing going to it. Its the only plug there with nothing connected to it.
4. Using a jumped wire connect those 2 terminals....which plug wat wires i am lost?

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
there will be two prongs in here. you have to connection them to activate programming mode. a bent paperclip will work fine

DSC00738directions.jpg

Slow98GT

Reaction score
this is awesome i lost my keys so i needed to replace my keyless entry this should save me a trip to the ford place

96SN95

Reaction score
It's weird, I have 2 remotes. I can get 1 or the other to program, but not both??

Is there a special procedure for programming the second remote?

96SN95

Reaction score
OK found more info. The first remote you program use the lock or un-lock buttons, the second remote use the trunk button.
I am also pretty sure (but not positive) you can program remotes until you turn the key from the acc/run position to the off position. At that time the program function stops and saves learned remotes to memory. It will retain this learned remote info. until the next programming session is manually initiated, at which time all programmed remotes are cleared from memory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online