Return to stock suspension height

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Newbie Daryl here. I’m looking to return my ‘95 Cobra coupe to stock height and was wondering where to get the components?

Thanks!

PinkieT

Reaction score
I have two sets of stock 98 GT convertible springs collecting dust in my garage. I bet other members have sets of suitable springs for you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I shit ya not I just got rid of my 95 coils 3 weeks ago after being in my basement for 6 yrs

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why going back to stock is the first question. If it’s lowered incorrectly and it’s a harsh ride then you can keep it lowered but replace everything with proper parts and it can still ride smooth while also handling better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Get some FX4 stickers while you’re at it because that dude is going to ride high! Check with RockAuto for stock springs!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get some FX4 stickers while you’re at it because that dude is going to ride high! Check with RockAuto for stock springs!
Lol. God, I hope not too high but I’ll definitely do some research on what it would look like stock height before committing to a complete reversal.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What's on the car currently?
I wish I knew what’s on it currently. Raining cats n dogs here and no garage so unable to get out in the driveway, get it jacked up to see, read labels or stamping, etc

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Why going back to stock is the first question. If it’s lowered incorrectly and it’s a harsh ride then you can keep it lowered but replace everything with proper parts and it can still ride smooth while also handling better.

Evil,
Ok, my ears are perked up! Are you running a similar set up? And if so, would you mind telling me what system, etc so I can compare to mine (when I figure it out) and make the proper corrections?

Many thanks!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Look into eibach. They make 2 sets of springs. Sport lines and pros. One drops you more and one is More comfortable while still dropping you a bit.

Figure out what you have now and tell us what you’d like to do overall.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Look into eibach. They make 2 sets of springs. Sport lines and pros. One drops you more and one is More comfortable while still dropping you a bit.

Figure out what you have now and tell us what you’d like to do overall.

Will do, and thanks! Meantime, until I’m able to get under the car, I’ll make use of the downtime on the Eibach website

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I had H&R race springs in my 04 and liked them. Even though they're "race" springs they don't drop the car as much and still ride nice.

I prefer a linear spring over a progressive. The progressives are too soft IMO. If you're wanting a little bit lower than stock with a decent ride then it might be worth looking into Bullitt springs. I think they were a little shorter than the standard GT springs.

But don't forget good shocks make a difference in ride quality as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the Eibach “race” full suspension kit + the BBK
I have never yet met someone that liked the stock ride height.
ttocs,
I hear ya! I’m almost 60 and recovering from knee surgery so getting out of that LOWWWW car is a challenge that I don’t mind raising the car up a bit AND get a little better ride quality for these old bones!!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I would vote for H&R Race springs as well. I had them on the car too. They only do a slight drop, but the handling improvement is pretty evident. Linear rate makes the car more predictable in the corners. Combine with a quality shock, and you will have a very composed car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went with the Eibach “race” full suspension kit + the BBK

ttocs,
I hear ya! I’m almost 60 and recovering from knee surgery so getting out of that LOWWWW car is a challenge that I don’t mind raising the car up a bit AND get a little better ride quality for these old bones!!
well do ya mind the cost of air ride? If not you can have the best of both worlds.

Chip66

Reaction score
I have never yet met someone that liked the stock ride height.

There are certain cars that are worth keeping stock. A Cobra may be one of those, especially if it is one of the more limited versions. The OP listed a '95 coupe. This may not fall into that category now. It certainly will be in that category before a GT followed by 6 bangers.

BTW, a '95 Cobra's stock springs were linear 400 lb/in springs, unlike the GT's progressive springs. They had a firmer ride in stock form.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I'd suggest finding a set of Bullitt springs and Tokico blue shocks for about 3/4" - 1" drop. The Eibach Pro-Kit springs will give about 1.5" drop, and coupled with Tokico Illuminas, my car actually rides *better* than it did stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online