Return to stock suspension height

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What can I say, I like to make an entrance?

Was that even a ribbing?. Just seemed to be some people who don't share my same opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. I've been on lots of forums and you always need a dissenter to keep things interesting.

All in good fun gents. If you need me I'll be out doing some rock crawling in my '04.

No that was pretty light but occasionally we get someone that migrated over from facebook and is a little too sensitive.

Rock crawling '04?! Pics or ban dude....

Reaction score
Well you've met one now. I can't stand the look of lowered cars. Function may be one thing, but the form is terrible.

Don't get me started on "leveled" pickup trucks.

You're clearly trolling. You signed up just to post that? By the way, we're not "lowering" the cars. The car was designed much lower, the people at Ford in charge of "idiot proofing" the vehicles, combined with the bean counters that keep the cars affordable and marketable, resulted in useless high center of gravity. They simply gave us the task of returning the vehicle to a reasonable ride height, shoot I wouldn't be surprised if they had the springs and shocks in the FRPP catalog. Ford basically provides a base to apply parts to, and they know what they're doing and that's why we love the mustang.

#facepalm

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
If your going to do some rock crawling
I highly recommend these

Attachments

• 15867999908315385066444303253829.jpg
    15867999908315385066444303253829.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 11

waynenorcross

Reaction score
The eibach pro kit??? You sure you didn’t have sportlines by eibach??? The pro kit Barry drops you at all while the sportlines give you a pretty serious drop that most definitely causes a need for a bumpsteer kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Pro kit progressive rate. I sent them back because they agreed they could have been defective. I had also changed my mind on progressive rate and really liked the predictibility of linear rate. Also had Tokico adjustable shocks.

joe65

Reaction score
I know i'm late to the party , but here's a pic of mine with stock suspension. I couldn't stand the fender gap. in the middle of lowering mine with coil overs. Oh and by the way i have some unused Race Springs for sale.

upload_2020-4-13_15-25-54.png

Last edited:

Slipperyvic

Reaction score
You're clearly trolling. You signed up just to post that? By the way, we're not "lowering" the cars. The car was designed much lower, the people at Ford in charge of "idiot proofing" the vehicles, combined with the bean counters that keep the cars affordable and marketable, resulted in useless high center of gravity. They simply gave us the task of returning the vehicle to a reasonable ride height, shoot I wouldn't be surprised if they had the springs and shocks in the FRPP catalog. Ford basically provides a base to apply parts to, and they know what they're doing and that's why we love the mustang.

#facepalm
You accuse me of trolling, then go on to try and suggest that you're not "lowering" your car, you are returning it to it's naturally intended ride height?

Put down the pipe for a while and get some oxygen for that brain.

Reaction score
You accuse me of trolling, then go on to try and suggest that you're not "lowering" your car, you are returning it to it's naturally intended ride height?

Put down the pipe for a while and get some oxygen for that brain.

I'm not smoking anything and I'm clearly functioning mentally a lot better than you. You have no room to talk about "get some oxygen for that brain" when you want to put 90's garbage suspension on your vehicle because you apparently don't understand spring rate, shock damping, and plain do not know what parts to buy lmfao.

The designers and engineers don't render, clay model, and build concepts with 6" of fender gap for a reason genius. Ford knows their customers... hence the giant FRPP catalog. Keep your head in the sand if you want I don't really give a damn.

Concept: Wow look at that giant fender gap................ we must all be a bunch of riced out lowrider wannabes if replace the suspension and the car ends up lower than stock.......
1993_Ford_Mustang_Mach_III_Concept_Car_04.jpg

1996_Ford_MustangGT_coupe-e1562526105518-1000x600.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gentlemen.

Let’s keep it classy, not trashy.

If you don’t like what the rest of us do to our cars and trucks then that’s fine. You have the right to have an opinion, just so long you don’t try to belittle others for what they like.

If some of you don’t like our cars at stock height, then that’s cool too. Some people just don’t understand what these cars were meant to have done to them and if they want to rock it 4x4 style then that’s their preference and we will leave it at that.

Thanks for your understanding and please enjoy your time here, we appreciate all of of you regardless of personal preference.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can you guys believe it? I still haven’t received Box 2 of 2 from American Muscle! How can their inventory not show complete sell units even if there are 2 boxes per set? What, do they have halfies laying around? I received Box 1 of 2 in 3 days. Great. Not sure why Box 2 of 2 didn’t arrive same day as a complete order is comprised of TWO boxes and should’ve been sent out at the same time with Box 1. I got a 4 week run around only to finally get told that “Box 2” is on BACK ORDER &or another 3-4 weeks. What in the hairy blue f*ck is this B.S.? Then they insulted me with a $25 account credit. really? On a $1200 order? So essentially IF the 3-4 week back order is actually accurate, I will have waited TWO MONTHS for an item listed as “in stock” from American Muscle. Needless to say, I won’t be ordering SQUAT from them ever again. Absolutely unconscionable how a two box order gets split. Oh, and then they had ME do all the investigatory leg work with UPS to find the box. Which I did, in Vernon CA, only 90 minutes from my house. Crap, I even offers to go pick it up myself.

So, if I EVER get the complete set in, I’ll let you all know how I like it. All I can say is it better be worth the wait and the frustration

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Can you guys believe it? I still haven’t received Box 2 of 2 from American Muscle! How can their inventory not show complete sell units even if there are 2 boxes per set? What, do they have halfies laying around? I received Box 1 of 2 in 3 days. Great. Not sure why Box 2 of 2 didn’t arrive same day as a complete order is comprised of TWO boxes and should’ve been sent out at the same time with Box 1. I got a 4 week run around only to finally get told that “Box 2” is on BACK ORDER &or another 3-4 weeks. What in the hairy blue f*ck is this B.S.? Then they insulted me with a $25 account credit. really? On a $1200 order? So essentially IF the 3-4 week back order is actually accurate, I will have waited TWO MONTHS for an item listed as “in stock” from American Muscle. Needless to say, I won’t be ordering SQUAT from them ever again. Absolutely unconscionable how a two box order gets split. Oh, and then they had ME do all the investigatory leg work with UPS to find the box. Which I did, in Vernon CA, only 90 minutes from my house. Crap, I even offers to go pick it up myself.

So, if I EVER get the complete set in, I’ll let you all know how I like it. All I can say is it better be worth the wait and the frustration
They try to sell you parts they don't have in the in house or inventory
They act like they have the parts
They don't
They claim it's at another warehouse
But they will keep you waiting

Addicted

Reaction score
I bet you could send it back, have your $ credited back, order from somewhere else, and get it in a week before you would the one your waiting on. Sorry man, that sucks.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I bet you could send it back, have your $ credited back, order from somewhere else, and get it in a week before you would the one your waiting on. Sorry man, that sucks.
He probably could but it's the aggravation of having to wait and deal with them

Addicted

Reaction score
American Muscle makes more on their own apparel than anything. Id say their profit percentage rate is near 80-85%. It's like Modular Head Shop with camshafts, Jordan said their profit from cams is less than $100 bucks. I try to order from manufacturers first if their prices are the same. Edit: what I mean is AM dont care enough cause it doesnt effect their bottom line enough. I wasn't saying anything bad about MHS, just using it as how the market drives profitably. MHS FTW!

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not so sure at the moment it isn't part of the covid crap slowing things down as I have been having similar problems with cj's the past month or so. Ordered a part and I got a shipment confirmation with tracking number, and then watched as nothing ever went out for 2 weeks. When I contacted them they first said that it got sent back and they needed my address again. Then part of it arrived and the rest was on back order..... I cancelled and got it from somewhere else.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ttocs,
I had a similar experience with CJ pony parts, only with front speakers. Ordered 4/8 (in stock); received 4/23! I’ll buy the Covid excuse a couple of days, but 2 weeks?! Nah!

TrickVert

Reaction score
ttocs,
I had a similar experience with CJ pony parts, only with front speakers. Ordered 4/8 (in stock); received 4/23! I’ll buy the Covid excuse a couple of days, but 2 weeks?! Nah!
I don't know, even Amazon's Prime shipping is taking a week to ten days.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Being a business owner I can say that some places are slower than usual but it varies. It’s not the shipping companies cause they’re still very busy. It’s the distributors because they’re running half the crew they normally do in both the offices and shipping departments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online