Return to stock suspension height

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The pro kit is a much better ride along with the cornering. Sport lines are a major drop and ride is harsh comparatively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
A few tips to keep in mind when selecting lowering springs.
1. Your lowering spring and shocks should be designed to work together for optimum ride/handling.
2. The shocks you get also has just as much to do with your ride quality as the springs. Your shocks are what keep the spring from bouncing after absorbing a shock.
3. If you buy some aftermarket lowering springs and keep your stock struts/shocks, you will hate life. The springs will overpower your shocks and you will spend all day bouncing down the road.
4. Again, you should always get new shocks/struts to match your springs.

I hope this helps

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
1. Your lowering spring and shocks should be designed to work together for optimum ride/handling.
2. The shocks you get also has just as much to do with your ride quality as the springs. Your shocks are what keep the spring from bouncing after absorbing a shock.
3. If you buy some aftermarket lowering springs and keep your stock struts/shocks, you will hate life. The springs will overpower your shocks and you will spend all day bouncing down the road.

I hope this helps

Solid advice.

Slipperyvic

Reaction score
I have never yet met someone that liked the stock ride height.

Well you've met one now. I can't stand the look of lowered cars. Function may be one thing, but the form is terrible.

Don't get me started on "leveled" pickup trucks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well you've met one now. I can't stand the look of lowered cars. Function may be one thing, but the form is terrible.

it depends on how far and how it was lowered. I can agree that there is a point its too far and if I were driving around scraping even just here/there it would drive me nuts which is why I paid the premium for air ride.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums
Every one has their opinions
Mine is I don't like my mustang looking like a 4 wheel drive
Some sports cars are lowered by factory
Then you have a person that gets a car like mustang or Camaro or whatever and tricks them out it is what they want
You want your car looking like a 4x4 that's up to you

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just gonna leave this here............ [emoji38]
a7531e2fe74d07e77b9dbf89db6ab105.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

I hope you understand we are just blowing you shit for the hell of it? Its all just in fun and not seriousness. I do not like the look of a car at stock height but I also HATE the sound of my car dragging over crap. When I had it in az at stock height I had issues on a couple of corners just getting into my neighborhood. You would not think that rain water run off is much of an issue in the desert but when it rains there it f'ing pours. Because of that the drains on the side of some areas were just steep enough that I would scrape right in front of the back wheen when turning. Then they had speed bumps that or dear god made my truck wince when I went over them....

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I hope this helps
Michael,
Yes, definitely helps and thank you for the valuable feedback. I feel good about the decision I made and now I’m just sitting around (like everyone else) bouncing my knees waiting for the kit to be delivered

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Slippery,
To each his own. If you prefer stock ride height, then so be it. And good for you for sticking to your guns. I’m 1-week new to this forum and have immediately got a good sense of the people here, so a little ribbing is all in good fun. Don’t be discouraged. And as mentioned by another member, it is good form to post an introductory thread and introduce yourself. Hope you accept this reply with the good intention it is submitted with. Look forward to hearing from you...

Cheers!

waynenorcross

Reaction score
Solid advice.
I first put the Pro Kit on my '94 Mustang Cobra only to have in sink over two inches and develop bump steer. I installed the offset aluminum rack bushions and that helped. Then a local autocross expert said that a Mustang should not go lower than 1.5 inches or you will upset the geometry. So I went to Griggs linear rate 1200# in front and 800# in back. Global West lLCAs and Steeda adjustable rear sway bar. Rough ride but cornered like crazy. 305 GS-D3s in back with 275s in front.
Solid advice.

Slipperyvic

Reaction score

What can I say, I like to make an entrance?

I hope you understand we are just blowing you shit for the hell of it? Its all just in fun and not seriousness. I do not like the look of a car at stock height but I also HATE the sound of my car dragging over crap. When I had it in az at stock height I had issues on a couple of corners just getting into my neighborhood. You would not think that rain water run off is much of an issue in the desert but when it rains there it f'ing pours. Because of that the drains on the side of some areas were just steep enough that I would scrape right in front of the back wheen when turning. Then they had speed bumps that or dear god made my truck wince when I went over them....

Oh I fully understand that. When it comes to looks everybody has their own thing and that's what makes the world an interesting place.

Slippery,
To each his own. If you prefer stock ride height, then so be it. And good for you for sticking to your guns. I’m 1-week new to this forum and have immediately got a good sense of the people here, so a little ribbing is all in good fun. Don’t be discouraged. And as mentioned by another member, it is good form to post an introductory thread and introduce yourself. Hope you accept this reply with the good intention it is submitted with. Look forward to hearing from you...

Cheers!

Was that even a ribbing?. Just seemed to be some people who don't share my same opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. I've been on lots of forums and you always need a dissenter to keep things interesting.

All in good fun gents. If you need me I'll be out doing some rock crawling in my '04.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I first put the Pro Kit on my '94 Mustang Cobra only to have in sink over two inches and develop bump steer. I installed the offset aluminum rack bushions and that helped. Then a local autocross expert said that a Mustang should not go lower than 1.5 inches or you will upset the geometry. So I went to Griggs linear rate 1200# in front and 800# in back. Global West lLCAs and Steeda adjustable rear sway bar. Rough ride but cornered like crazy. 305 GS-D3s in back with 275s in front.

The eibach pro kit??? You sure you didn’t have sportlines by eibach??? The pro kit Barry drops you at all while the sportlines give you a pretty serious drop that most definitely causes a need for a bumpsteer kit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online