running e85 on stock lines?

hitnrun

Reaction score
Sorry if I just suck at using the search tool, but I have really been thinking about transferring over to e85, but I don't really know what the lines are good for. I am running a 340lph fuel pump and plan on running 80# injectors. Would the lines be able to supply an acquitted amount of fuel?

My other main important mods:
d1sc w/ 3.4" pulley (about 15psi)
ba5000 maf
BBK afpr

Thanks for any input guys!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
stock lines are TINY... you'll probably need to bump them up to e-85 friendly SS braided lines.

ensure your injectors have e-85 friendly o rings.

also, some aftermarket brands offer e-85 coating on their fuel rails (such as Fore, who no longer exist. lol)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stock lines will most likely not support the flow required for e85 and that power.

I had issues with my stock lines...struggled real bad when I got to 440 rwhp no matter how much pump and injector I had behind it.

E85 requires 42% more fuel than gas to remain stoich FYI

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FYI: that is a large pump, if your lines are a restriction on it, you're shortening the lifespan of the pump....

foofinator

Reaction score
My car made 375 through the automatic on e85 with bone stock lines. Going back with the port soon, we'll see if they can support it. I also only have an upgraded intake pump.

MadStang

Reaction score
running e85 with stock lines and 388whp. this being said, I'm n/a and my car did not like the 340lph pump i put in there. I'd recommend swapping to a dual/triple pump if you're going to be running 80lb injectors IMO. If that doesn't help you may have to run braided lines.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
running e85 with stock lines and 388whp. this being said, I'm n/a and my car did not like the 340lph pump i put in there. I'd recommend swapping to a dual/triple pump if you're going to be running 80lb injectors IMO. If that doesn't help you may have to run braided lines.

I believe an n/a setup requires less fuel than a boosted setup.

Any difference in the lines from 94-98 and 99-04?

Mine was fine when it made 385 through the auto...but when I bumped it up to 6500 rpm and 440 hp it started showing the restriction at the top of the rpm range.

Either way, every cars different and if he plans on pushing 15 psi with a d1sc he could be pushing 500 rwhp depending on his other mods.

Could always go for it with stock lines and see what happens. If they need to be upgraded go from there.

MadStang

Reaction score
I believe an n/a setup requires less fuel than a boosted setup.

Any difference in the lines from 94-98 and 99-04?

Mine was fine when it made 385 through the auto...but when I bumped it up to 6500 rpm and 440 hp it started showing the restriction at the top of the rpm range.

Either way, every cars different and if he plans on pushing 15 psi with a d1sc he could be pushing 500 rwhp depending on his other mods.

Could always go for it with stock lines and see what happens. If they need to be upgraded go from there.

correct I'm only running 42lb injectors with my n/a setup. But again running a single pump system when you need high delivery of fuel, not a good idea. the 340 will give out on you before the fuel lines IMO.

Only difference between 94-98 and 99-04 is the Returnless system that is used in the 99-04. way I see it is if terminators can run the stock lines I don't think they are where the real restriction is.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thats a good point MadStang. at about 500HP I know the termi guys switch over to return style fuel systems. I know thats mostly due to the fuel pump and electronic side of things, i dont know if they need new lines before that.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ya..true. really depends on how much power Op plans to make

I guess he could always go for it and see what happens.

Personally, I think he should do the whole fuel system at once with braided lines, and dual pumps, activate the 2nd pump in boost.

If he has gone this far he will want more in the future lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i agree J-dizzle.

Fore made 3 pump hats for a while (i snagged one) always leaves room for improvement! lol.

but, if you dont got the money, you dont got the money.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
i agree J-dizzle.

Fore made 3 pump hats for a while (i snagged one) always leaves room for improvement! lol.

but, if you dont got the money, you dont got the money.

I know glenns performance sells the 3 pump setup parts for people to upgrade...but 2 of their pumps was supposed to be good for like 1200 HP with their fittings and stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online