sleepn_sn95's 98 GT - Project Wanna Be Autox'er

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Saleen decals are on their way! Thanks to the suggestion of [MENTION=11461]1bad95[/MENTION] I ordered these

http://www.goldenstatestripes.com/94-98-saleen-stripe-kit/

So now project Faleen is on in full force. Like I've said before I've never been a huge fan of clones/replicas but I think it will really tie the car together.

Also, does anyone have or know of where to get the placement measurements for the Saleen decals?

1bad95

Reaction score
Aweaome! I can get you some measurements off of mine if you'd like. I used the measurents off of my factory ones. You will have to pull off the door fillers to install the decals

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Aweaome! I can get you some measurements off of mine if you'd like. I used the measurents off of my factory ones. You will have to pull off the door fillers to install the decals

id really appreciate that if its not too much trouble. And yeah I'm not really looking forward to removing those things

1bad95

Reaction score
No problem man! Out of town for a few days, can get you measurements Friday evening if that's ok

Nighttrain

Reaction score
See, this is awesome, why this site is the best. People willing to help each other, even going a little outta their way to do it!

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
No problem man! Out of town for a few days, can get you measurements Friday evening if that's ok

Yeah no rush, I really appreciate it. I made my order On Tuesday and I hadn't heard anything all week. I called this afternoon and I guess my order got lost and they never were sent out. Hopefully I'll see them next week. Were your decals authentic Saleen pieces? When I called he said all the Saleen stuff was factory and he didn't make any of it because I thought it was just taking a while for him to print/cut them.

See, this is awesome, why this site is the best. People willing to help each other, even going a little outta their way to do it!

For real! That's why I love this forum

1bad95

Reaction score
I don't think it was authentic stuff but not 100% on that. Iirc the backing had a logo on it but can't remember what it was, def did not say saleen tho. But the quality was def there with the decals for sure. Should be home and able to get you measurements tomorrow!

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I don't think it was authentic stuff but not 100% on that. Iirc the backing had a logo on it but can't remember what it was, def did not say saleen tho. But the quality was def there with the decals for sure. Should be home and able to get you measurements tomorrow!

Ok maybe he just gets them from someone else haha, I'm excited to get them though.

Alright everyone what are your opinions on what I should do with my headlights? I'm about 90% sure I don't want to keep the corners that are currently in there (clear w/ reflectors). I am thinking about just tossing some OEM corners in there to keep it factory looking but I'm not sure how they match up with the headlights. My third option would be clear corners with no reflectors like I had on my 95
DSC_0054-2 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

1bad95

Reaction score
I like the oem corners with cobra headlights. 2nd pic for sure

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I like the factory ones, the depo lights with the clear lense would look great as well

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Im more of a clear person myself.....i know most people here dont like them but i also like the one piece jobbies....

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I think I've decided to swap to factory. I only have a good drivers side corner so I'm meeting up later today to trade my clear set for a set of OEM.

I dont think I've ever posted up an interior shot but when I bought the car it had a color matched gauge surround and door pulls along with some early 2000s style pedals lol. Yesterday I ran to the local pull a part and grabbed some new pedal covers and cluster surround. Looks 1000x better now

DSC_0173 by Kyle Matson, on FlickrDSC_0170 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

1bad95

Reaction score
Hope this works for you Kyle, If can help in any way just let me know. I tried to put text on a picture but I don't know of a good app for a droid to be able to do it. Got some sweet drawing skills lol.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Hope this works for you Kyle, If can help in any way just let me know. I tried to put text on a picture but I don't know of a good app for a droid to be able to do it. Got some sweet drawing skills lol.

Awesome! Thank you man, hopefully they will be here this week. I'm not looking forward to taking the door fillers off but I have an old 3m eraser wheel which should make quick work of it. Did you just use floss/heat to take them off?

1bad95

Reaction score
I tried fishing line to get em started but the bottom angle is so sharp it kept cutting the line. Ended up going real slow just pulling by hand. Heat def could have helped. The eraser wheel works perfect.for that tape that's left. I bought some 1/2" 3m vhb tape off eBay to re attach and worked awesome! I also used the eraser wheel on the backs of the door fillers to remove the tape. Was worried about the heat damaging the paint but it did not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online