sleepn_sn95's 98 GT - Project Wanna Be Autox'er

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Nice! Can't wait to see how it sits with them. Have been thinking of going to them myself eventually to sit it just a bit lower

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah they should be a decent drop. Ill probably throw them in first without isos an as long as I clear my driveway Ill keep them out

I just put Super sports on my car. I am very happy with the way the car sits.

Thats good to hear! Im excited to get them in!

Today I got my Triax handle in from LMR. The car had a Pro5.0 shifter in it when I bought it but even with my long monkey arms it was hard to reach 3rd. The new handle feels great and brings everything right where it should be
DSC_0252 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0256 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0267 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

Lanter

Reaction score
I'm running the same handle on my magnum. Love it! Puts the shifter exactly where it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Lol, monkey arms. Kyle what supercharger are you getting?

Nothing any time soon but when I do Ill probably just get a little vorech. Im not looking to make huge power.

My $250 suspension :wave:

Picked up some Saleen N2 Bilsteins tonight for $125, they came off a 35k mile car they've just got some undercoating overspray on them. Still need to get lca's, cc plates, bumpsteer kit, etc but its a start.
DSC_0281 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0286 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Got the suspension on over the weekend. It went pretty smoothly since I had it all apart a few months ago. I only drove it around the county for a few miles but so far the ride is much better and feels a lot more stable. I didnt put the isos in but the front didnt drop as much as I was expecting. I wasnt really worried about the height I just wanted it to ride and handle well which Im happy with. Need to get some c/c plates and x2 balljoints next
DSC_0007 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0289 by Kyle Matson, on FlickrDSC_0295 by Kyle Matson, on FlickrDSC_0296 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
That drop looks perfect to me. I love the slammed look but I still want to be able to drive my car. I scrape the radiator deflector all the time now as it is. I really like the ride of the H&R springs.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
That drop looks perfect to me. I love the slammed look but I still want to be able to drive my car. I scrape the radiator deflector all the time now as it is. I really like the ride of the H&R springs.

Thanks man. Im really happy with the height and the ride. I loved the MM coils on my old car but these ride just as well it seems so they will stay for a while lol.

Took a few pics of it in the driveway. Still need to fix that damn front bumper
DSC_0028 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0049 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr
DSC_0054_1 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looks perfect dude. I remember when mine sat like that, almost miss it haha. Car is coming along well though! Any plans for brakes, cobra?

1bad95

Reaction score
Looks great Kyle!

9838stang

Reaction score
Ice always love yellow on yellow saleen cars! Love everything so far man! Was looking at a real saleen kit on Facebook yesterday... your car makes it look so tempting lol

Lanter

Reaction score
Car looks great. Suspension really did wonders for the overall look!

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Looks perfect dude. I remember when mine sat like that, almost miss it haha. Car is coming along well though! Any plans for brakes, cobra?

Thanks man. Yeah cobra brakes are for sure in the future. I want to do black with yellow lettering

Looks great Kyle!

Thanks!

Ice always love yellow on yellow saleen cars! Love everything so far man! Was looking at a real saleen kit on Facebook yesterday... your car makes it look so tempting lol

Thanks! I've always liked the Saleen kit I just never found one at the right time for my black car

Car looks great. Suspension really did wonders for the overall look!

Thanks! It drives so much better!

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
New parts! New parts!

I was able to sell my catted Bassani x locally so I ordered up a UPR o/r X along with a passenger side gasket and some used O2's since I couldn't get my old ones out. :)mad:) While removing the old x I broke one of the bolts in the drivers side manifold so I should have a fun time drilling that out. Hopefully I can throw it on within the next week so I can have a little more fun with the car before winter.
IMG_1283_zps6xneu5qa.jpg

IMG_1286_zpsb2x90t8n.jpg

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Not a huge update but I've been working on "restoring" a front set of control arms. Bushings will be replaced with prothane poly's and ball joints will be replaced with Moog units. This weekend I was able to media blast them and get them primed along with removing the ball joints. Only thing I have to do is throw on a few coats of paint and order new ball joints
IMG_1406_zpsafx5qp0b.jpg

IMG_1408_zpsr8hh6owz.jpg

IMG_1405_zpsqffpwkoz.jpg

IMG_1424_zps014lnieo.jpg

IMG_1427_zpsypub5qxr.jpg

1bad95

Reaction score
Lookin good! I did the prothanes in mine also, def was not fun getting the stocks out. Didn't know the one had a grease seal in it, was heating it up with the torch pretty good and that sucker shot out of there while on fire! Got melted black rubber everywhere lol

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Got some goodies in the mail today. MM sport lowers that I got thru their weekend deal. Still need to order some CC plates and solid rack bushing to finish up my winter parts hoarding
DSC_0145 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

Also ripped out all the old stereo stuff the PO had in the car. I havent decided what Im doing yet so I just made a little temporary delete panel. Ill most likely go with a Florida5.0 panel and put water temp and oil pressure gauges in
DSC_0136 by Kyle Matson, on Flickr

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] Im no expert on wiring. Is there anything to worry about with the open connectors for the stereo behind there? There are no exposed wires just the factory connectors but they aren't plugged in to anything. Is there a fuse for the radio I can remove so they get no power or will they be fine?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the stock harness will be find unplugged. There are two fuses for the radio one that is switched and one constant that you could pull but it should not really be necessary. Worst case scenario throw a piece of tape over the end of the harness and then there should be nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online