Swords Evolution

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Another small mod to fix a big annoying problem.

I set out today to buy the tools to tackle a new project on the car but due to no one having what I needed I instead turned my attention to a long time annoying issue. Who else has the door insert panel thing with the window buttons that keeps popping out? Thing drives me crazy. Finally did something about it. Bought two SS bolts. Drilled and tapped the holes and done. Thing is secure.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I did the same thing but with short dry wall screws at an angle I got tired of it and got 2 perfect ones from a buddy

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I did the same thing but with short dry wall screws at an angle  I got tired of it and got 2 perfect ones from a buddy

You know what, it's been so long that I forgot the pass side one is newer and that's why didn't need the screw but I put it anyways so it matches. The driver side was missing the bottom tab that locks it in place. If this were more of a show car then I probably would've just bought a new one. This will work great for now.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
New Street Wheels
STR 520s

Decided It was time for some new wheels. Wanted something that resembled the CCW classics. They are 17X9s with a 2.5" lip. The only problem is they don't clear my Brembo brakes so I had to order some hardware to fix that. I'll be installing ARP studs on all four corners and adding 1/2" spacers in the front for the clearance needed. Also because of the 9" width I won't be able to reuse my 315 rear tires I have on my 10.5" rims so I had to order new 275s. I also ordered this thing called a thrust needle roller bearing washer which I believe will aid in easily installing the studs. Still waiting on the drill bit and thrust bearing but for now here are some pics.

Wheels

Hareware, most of it.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Well I finally got the ARP studs in. Took me two afternoons, about 10 hours to do. The hardest part was drilling out the holes. Using the ARP studs called for a specific bit in the size of 39/64. Using such a big drill bit requires going slowly and using lub so as not to burn the tip. The front studs went in pretty easy. Btw's I used a hammed to tap the stock ones out. They came out pretty easy. A couple taps and they were loose.

I used an impact gun and lots of washers along with this trick little thing called a thrust bearing washer which I used in the center of all the washers.

Here you can see the bearing washer in the center of all the regular washers.

The rear studs required some modification to get in. I needed to notch the flat end in order to get them into the hole. The anti lock brakes assembly is in the way. Once notched they go in easily.
IMG_1466.jpg
[/URL

Now I'm ready for the new wheels. I gotta take them and get the new tires mounted. Should have it done before the weekend.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I have to do my front studs one day I remember doing the rears that was a pain lol wheels look good tho man!

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Got the tires put on the new wheels this morning but I'm still waiting on the damn lug nuts to finally install these. To make this work on the longer studs I ordered open ended, acorn type, tuner style lug nuts. Anyways here they are. I also touched up the white lettering.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Today the lug nuts arrived and I was able to mount them. Only issue now is the rear studs stick out to far because there is no spacers on the rear. The key used to tighten the nuts bottoms out on the studs but I was able to at least snug them up enough to lower the car. I've already ordered another pair of 1/2" spacers for the rear to fix the stud issue and widen the look to match the fronts. Here's what it looks like now. I really like it. Looks even more racecarish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online