hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Decided to give the white lettering treatment to the street tires as well. I think it goes well with the cars theme. Whatcha guys think?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Love the look but kinda awkward since you have 2 different brand tires on the car.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Here is the question. The lettering looks cool and all, but how long does it actually last? I've seen a few people do that on their cars, but the paint always crumbles. It's used ton race tires, but that usually don't matter, because those get worn off in the course of the event, and they are there solely for marketing.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If done right the paint will not crumble, it will just become permanently dirty. All you need to do is recoat it.

11509871124_260dfcd900_z.jpg

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Here is the question. The lettering looks cool and all, but how long does it actually last?

No clue. The sharpie I used said it could be used on multiple surfaces including rubber. I don't wash my car very much. I usually take the cover off and sometimes spray detailer on some spots and done deal. When I do wash it I only use car soap so not spraying degreaser or tire crap on them should allow them to last a while. Only time will tell.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Rear End Breather

One of the things on my to do list during this time off was to get a breather for the rear end. I see most guys using the aluminum Moroso piece. Found it cheaper on Ebay and in plastic. $44 shipping included. Also ordered 3' of 3/8 braided SS line and a hose end fitting. I used a big strap and secured the tank to one of the cages bars in the trunk. Drilled a hole in the floor slightly bigger then the hose to allow for up and down movement. The only problem was the nipple on the axle tube. It was just to small to strap the SS hose to it. Luckely it screws in place so I removed it. Went to a hardware store and found something with the same thread and a decent size tip on it to allow the SS hose to have something to strap onto. Should solve the problem of rear end fluid all over the back of my car and dripping all over the pit floors at the tracks.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was browsing through an old magazine while I was in the "office" and saw your car in some race coverage pics. I was like I know that car. [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] was in the same mag in the back.

OP
OP
hotmustang95

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I was browsing through an old magazine while I was in the "office" and saw your car in some race coverage pics. I was like I know that car. Ferocious was in the same mag in the back.

You are correct. It was the Feb 2013 issue. I made the cover. It was during the Mustang Triathlon event at PBIR. I have the cover framed lol. I also have the issue and Ferocious is indeed on page 136.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My car is in a magazine from 2013? I'm pretty sure I was rocking lowering springs and stock seats back in 2013...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online