the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I think the red lights look good and tie in the stickers. I like it. Can you snap a picture of the lights at night?

Any plans on a sequential setup?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
U7MuDSY.jpeg

Can you believe this shit? For the first time in 7 yrs it went and got its own gas...

Not seeing it in the driveway/garage for the first time was different and nice.

Looks great, it is nice to see you have things going your way. Can't wait until I'm taking my own gas station pictures.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the red lights look good and tie in the stickers. I like it. Can you snap a picture of the lights at night?

Any plans on a sequential setup?
Y4EdYwN.jpg

I am probably going to try a set of leds in the bottom and see if a brighter light will make them look more even. This is just the tail/parking lights obviously since the center bar is not lit. I can't say I am not curious about sequencing them because I am. It will not look as good as if they were separated but if you watch the vid the kind of do it already just because the leds in the center light up so much faster than an incandescent bulb. It would still give the effect of moving from the inside to the outside with them sequenced it just would not be as clean.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know about top to bottom sequence. I think that would look out of place.

According to vertical fans our taillights are out of place anyways. Lol

But I’m all seriousness it would be hard to do a left to right or right to left sequence and make it look right in our tails. Since ours are horizontal then it would make sense to follow the horizontal design with the sequence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I still have the one I took cut apart glued in led strips and divided the sections off from top to bottom and I realized after I did all that work that I didn't want to do it all over again only to have it last till a led or strip went out. During this build I considered that I could just drill single holes in the back directly behind the bars and then use led mounts to put 3-5 mm led in shining directly out. I could use the incandescent lights for teh tail and then the leds for the brake and turn signals. With how the light of the led is directional it would allow for them to be sequenced from left to right and the sequencer I used for the 3rd brake light(didn't anyone notice that?!) allows for up to 8 sets of lights. With that I could line up 8 leds across each bar and then have them sequence.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just do something cool already, we’re bored.
yea me too. I switched up some of my medicines and changed my diet and its made me afraid to get too far away from my restroom for the past two weeks. This was just to kill time while I have to wait.

Boostr1

Reaction score
I still have the one I took cut apart glued in led strips and divided the sections off from top to bottom and I realized after I did all that work that I didn't want to do it all over again only to have it last till a led or strip went out. During this build I considered that I could just drill single holes in the back directly behind the bars and then use led mounts to put 3-5 mm led in shining directly out. I could use the incandescent lights for teh tail and then the leds for the brake and turn signals. With how the light of the led is directional it would allow for them to be sequenced from left to right and the sequencer I used for the 3rd brake light(didn't anyone notice that?!) allows for up to 8 sets of lights. With that I could line up 8 leds across each bar and then have them sequence.

I sar it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I need to do something maybe with a relay so that the regular turn signal on the end of the light bar lights up at the end of the light bar instead of the beginning. I think I know what I can do but I like the general idea.
I also took care of some little stuff but its funny how a rear view mirror and a visor on the drivers side make it feel so much more complete. I have also started to dream about the stereo. I think I will start from the rear this time with the enclosure for 2 - 12"s that I need to find 2.5 cubic feet of airspace for. But that is still early in the dream phase right now.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I had to take a couple of weeks off to loose 20 lbs again. I am starting to get back on my feet, cleaned the garage and did some more work on the paint and I am happy and sad to say I was able to get the hood a little better yet. Now I need to get the rest of it looking that good and my back is already getting sore. I realized I still have never taken the time to aim my lights and see what the output on them looks like. I have to say with smoked lenses I am really happy with the output of light and love the look cosmetically speaking.
v4CVW1b.jpg

TKKvIkw.jpg

AND tonight it started up even faster than I remember it ever starting stock honestly. I had it idling in the driveway for a while and it loped away at 850 rpms the whole time. I think I might have reached the point I have dreamed of where I just need to start nice and easy to be happy...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so, I have been busy. I got the polish done and wanted to try out the pinstripe even though I thought the color vinyl was brighter than I thought I wanted. Here is the before pic
PyRTnAq.jpg

So put the stripe on, stand back and I HATE IT... Too bright, too thick just draws too much attention. But I also want to do some stripes on the diffuser that could help pull it together and it does match the rear bumper letters, so I leave it just to see if it grows on me.
CFnXN87.jpg

An hour later I walked out in the garage and my first thought as I am still not use to the shiney paint was "HELL YES!" It surprised me but every time after that I liked it more.
KKn4uvM.jpg

I had been anxious to get it out in the sun to see it for the first time so I did and......
zSJD392.jpg

2ymQSAT.jpg

I want to put a strip down the bottom of each fin, as well as near the bottom on each side.
zN84mPj.jpg

95EOC6C.jpg

The stripe stays although I really hate the idea of vinyl and have already started to look into local artists that can make it real as well as probably match the color in the brake letters.
1kMSgM4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online