the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

Boostr1

Reaction score
Personally, I Would've left it off the trunk lid, and maybe ran it on the lip edge of the spoiler. All in all it looks great.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What about wet sanding the car with 2500 and shooting another two coats of clear over the car and over the stripe? You won’t be able to feel it then.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
this was no fun to do but I knew it would set it off.
Before.
vDE2QKI.jpg

after
vZcg3Nf.jpg

I can't wait to see it out of the garage in the light but I have the upper intake off waiting parts to replace the coolant transfer pipe that was leaking.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So I got done polishing it and thought I was ready for the alignment till I popped the hood and saw the entire bottom of the hood was sprayed with coolant from the coolant transfer tube behind the thermostat. There is a swivel joint in it and the orings had worn out and it looked like your thumb on the end of a hose. First I tried to replace the orings but that required a tool that no one seemed to know what it was short of an autozone guy that was going to help me with some vice grips. I got an extra pipe that evil/logan wasn't using while I was waiting for the parts to arrive that I hoped would solve it. Then I got the wrong parts 3 different times from their screw up that slowed things down and finally today I got the final fitting that I could start to put it back together. Space its tight but there is just enough....
DBjqlU8.jpg

IbeEQ7o.jpg

I have some other things going on the next few days that will probably keep me out of the garage as we finish some fall chores before it freezes here but hopefully I can finally get that alignment this week.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dangit I am waiting on a -12an wrench to tighten down that hose the last 2 turns I need. It was supposed to arrive today but got delayed till tomorrow. The facepeeps and insta's have been requesting pics of my one piece lights seemingly out of amazement that they can fit and be aimed. I had to get a polarizing filter to be able to get pics inside the light with out catching nothing but reflection on the front and tonight when I did I was a little surprised to remember I put a red pinstripe inside of it as well. I completely forgot about it I guess too many details.
Px8MHBL.jpg

iJQrWc2.jpg

I am really happy how the carbon fiber came out. I wanted it for its texture really so I didn't put any resin on the top of it so that it is still rough/raw on top.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the coolant transfer pipe replacement was a hell of a snafu. Summit sent me the wrong hose 2x, jeggs the wrong adaptor once and then didn't have the correct one so I had to go to a 3rd supplier. Then from that one the -12an wrench I got to make the lines was complete crap with just WAY too much space between the fitting and the wrench and the an vice jaws I had were not big enough for -12 fittings. I finally got the right hose(and now have some extra braided -10), finally got a good wrench and vice jaws to make the cable and the right adaptor although it was WAY too cheap I am afraid that will fail later.
inTjtWc.jpg

Nobody ever tells you that after you paint/powder/polish your engine bay that plastic handle tools and masking tape are your best friend. Here I just slapped the new intake gasket on and was ready to throw the upper on and you can see the new braided hose that replace the coolant transfer pipe that was between the valve covers and the fuel rail.

And now I am happy to say its running, just in time for the rain this weekend of course. Not a big deal I need to make an adjustment on the voltage regulator as the alt is charging a little low and I still want to see if on cut out is partially open.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Its to bad that no body makes that coolant pipe from the heater core to the itake and water pump
Mine is in really great shape but man one rust spot and with time it's done

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its to bad that no body makes that coolant pipe from the heater core to the itake and water pump
Mine is in really great shape but man one rust spot and with time it's done
its not that spot as much as the swivel section as the o-rings will wear out. I hear that you can take them apart and replace them but it needed a tool that I could not find anyone that knew anything about.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
let me do some research on it with some old ford guys here maybe we can find one ,
I still have some contacts I keep in touch with

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Is there not a way to protect the line with a coating of some sort? I know its kinda offputting but maybe a spray down on the outside with black flex seal? Obviously his is under control now but for others may be an option

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
from what I was reading the tubing is smaller than it was on the sn version. Snap up any old used tubes as they will probably be going for hundreds shortly as all the o-rings start go bad.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Looking around
One of the guys at ford told me
He is totally surprised no one has made it yet
It is a part that is hard to find new and used
Seen one on ebay rusted to shit 80 bucks

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I started her up today and made the sign of the cross to make my appt at 2 to get the alignement done. I had my pops follow me with the instructions to NOT let anyone get between us and to get my attention if he saw or smelled anything strange but it got there. The steering was still a little scary so we took side roads with 30 mph limits and actually followed the limit but it ran like a champ on the way there never getting over 190 with good oil/fuel pressure and the afr looked great to. After the alignment I was not so scared on the steering although one or two times when I engaged the clutch to go into 3rd I swear I felt the rear end twich for lack of a better description or move for some reason. I have never felt anything like it before so I am not sure how to describe it or what to look at really. On the way home I took a different rout and got up into 5th gear and it was shortly after that I noticed it was now at 230 and holding. I was not far from home so I took it easy on the way back but it would not cool down. Since it was good under 30 and only seemed to get hot over 30 mph my first thought was that I know my wind deflector is jacked and needed to be replaced so I ordered another one of those. Otherwise I checked and the fan was on so I know its not that assuming its going fast enough I guess...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got to drive it and get the alignment done.

For the cooling issue, I don’t think it’s the wind deflector at all. I’ve never had one on my car, still don’t. My temp stays at 195 even on a 100° day at 145mph.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got to drive it and get the alignment done.

For the cooling issue, I don’t think it’s the wind deflector at all. I’ve never had one on my car, still don’t. My temp stays at 195 even on a 100° day at 145mph.
it could just be the new thermostat is just bad as well. I was just assuming it was good because it was new. I am going to let it idle in the driveway and see if it keeps the temp down. If that works I am going to pull off what I have left of mine and see what happens on a short drive at low speed. Its in bad enough shape that it might be creating a problem.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine never had the shield when I bought it and I never replaced it. I’ve had no cooling issues.

I’m guessing it’s the thermostat or air in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk