the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
another late night wet sanding session and its another step closer. I took the hood/bumper up to 2500 and while wiping it off realized it wasn't too bad for a teaser pic. Its not buffed nor in the sun so it will only get better but I could not be any happier with the grill insert.
43678015575_e3e15a5c10_c.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I forgot how much custom work you have done. Awesome!

after all this time I am not sure off the top of my head I could name all the stuff I have done to it but then can you ever have enough?! Looking at it now I have been debating on a super thin(1/16"), dark red pinstrip between the CF and the color similar to what is in the brake caliper letters. I ordered some red vinyl tape to test my idea. What do you think?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think worry about finishing everything and enjoy driving it for a while before adding something else that could delay the enjoyment that much more!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I think the red pinstripe will be just the added detail to bring the paint to the perfect level! Though I think a 1/8" width would look better than the thin 1/16". It'll tie in the brakes and the diffuser to the rest of the car even better.
Don't forget the air tank and the radar detector bezel.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the red would top it off, but like everyone said, get that bad boy sanded, buffed and running! Worry about the stripe later :)

It looks awesome in that pic though! It's going to really pop once you hit it with some polish!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its not something that will slow the current progress down. Between learning to tune, brakes, lights, and the cut and buff I have plenty to do for sure and been working on it. My stomach kept me locked up till after dinner yesterday so I spent the time I could reading up on temperature enrichment and fuel priming and how it effects a hot motor to let it start. I made some big adjustments to the tune while its cranking because it would fire up when it was cold but once it was hot I could not get it to fire. I guess I learned something as it fired up quicker on the cold start and just started in general when it was hot so that was a win. I did some research into the brakes and was surprised to find there are 4 fuses associated with the abs and to my surprise they were all in place so that is not the problem. Time to start checking for voltage at the abs brain/pump I guess hopefully its not a bad unit for either. And finally I spent some more time last night on the paint. I need to spend some time on the small areas that have still been missed but its really close to grabbing the buffer. Finally today the windshield is supposed to be replaced. They said they would need to do the rear window(for the upper window seal to be replaced) but I am hoping I can talk them into trying it today so that I can slap the a-c pillars and the window/door seals when its done but I am afraid the back window will need to wait.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, back window has to be pulled to replace the upper seal. I have to do the same when that time comes

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my glass appt was at 1:00. 1:15 rolls around, 1:30 I am about to call when they called me to ask if I remembered my appointment to which I reply yup I am here waiting for you. He tried to claim they didn't tell him he was supposed to come to my house till I reminded him HE told me how much the mobile cost was and asked if it was in a garage. At that point he remembered talking to me and said he would call me back. 10 mins later he said they could load up and be on there way, I said ok and asked again if there was any way they could pop the back window out for the seal while I had the pillars off. He remembered that it was a bitch to get to and said that they should be able to take care of it. They cursed at the back window a good bit but did get it out with out breaking it and got the new seal in.

I spent 2 hrs rubbing it today with 2500/3000 grit and the drivers side is almost ready for buffing. I am taking a break and then going to go spend some time on the pass side a little later tonight and then tomorrow I can buff the areas around the pillars and install them. Didn't spend any time on the abs or tuning today as the paint is so close I am more excited then ever to get it done and get a few pics.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They must be good glass guys. I have heard horror stories about or back windows from body shop guys!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
today I finally got the abs light and line lock cut relay installed and took it for a spin. I could not have ever been happier to have the abs kick in. I am hoping to do my last brake bleed dance tomorrow... Seems like the motor is running better every time now(please don't smite me for that one karma). I gave it a little bit of gas in 2nd gear today just to see that there was no hesitation/sputtering/ect and glad to say it didn't have any issues. The abs light I got was about the same size as the other lights I added to the dash but because of the bracing behind it and the gauges I added beside it there really isn't any room for anything that big. After some thought I had been considering a couple of options of what to do with the rear defroster button area and decided to use it for this. I pulled out the handibot and my laptop and tried some engraving for the first time. This really only took 10 mins, I need to adjust the pressure a bit and do a better job with the paint but the plan it is to make something like this and flush it into the dash with the leds behind it to light it up. This will be a winter project because at the moment the light hanging out of the hole works so its good enough and there are bigger fish to fry.
30882481608_665a7195de_c.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was having problems dragging my exhaust getting out of my driveway on the curb and I do not have a big curb nor did I have problems with it before switching to the shockwave system. The lower mounting point for the rear shocks have two places to mount them to allow for about an inch of height difference. I went with the one that allowed it to go lower just because I knew if I didn't I would always wonder but after dragging on the curb it was clear it was a bit too low. I went and moved it up and while I was under the car looking again at how my sway bar hits my gas tank and wondering how that was happening, and what I could do to fix it. I realized the car is not going all that much lower then it did with the old bags and thought that maybe the ridetech strongarm lower control arms were made wrong? I mean its not like you can put them on wrong right? It was at that point I realized I put them on wrong, then needed to be flipped and that would move the mounting flange back 3-4 inches. I had planned on spending the day on paint as Evil/logan was supposed to be in the area to day and try to stop by but after realizing this I tore back into the rear end this morning. The only PIA was removing the mufflers to get access to the bolts inside, nobody enjoys removing or installing side exhaust but I did manage to button it up just in time to be able to fire it up for logan to hear. I am hoping to get back on the paint after dinner but just happy that now I can drop it all the way down and not hit the gas tank.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve gotten to see this masterpiece a few times in varying stages of its build. I can say that what I seen today in incredible. Even with the paint still being in the different cutting stages you can really see the greatness that’s coming.

The motor sounded nice with the subtle whine of the blower, the exhaust had a nice tone, and that customer Digital dash is a sight to see in person!!!

No, I didn’t get to go for a ride yet but getting to hear it run and see it aired out is enough for now. Scott knows I’m in the area often. I’ll get that ride one day and I’ll gladly film the burnout video!!!!! Lol

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
some times one of those days turns into one of those weeks. I needed to finish the headlights and if you remember with the one piece style I am using I was going to mount them so they are straight on the body with the lens off and then adjust the projector to get it in the proper place before I sealed them back up. It seemed like a big enough PIA but then I realized the spot I mounted the ballasts for the hids covered part of the fog light mount. So I decided to take the bumper off so I could redesign the ballast mounts and put the fog lights on. Seemed simple enough till I realized that I had moved the power steering cooler lines because the oil cooler is now in its place, and the steering lines were in the way of the fog lights.... So after a lot of cursing I redesigned the mount for the power steering cooler and finally got it in place where i could bolt up the fog lights. Then I was able to finally redesign the brackets to mount the ballasts to and get them in place. I was thinking that all I needed now was to stick the bumper on and aim them till I remembered I need to do something with the headlight switch wiring since I deleted the switch on the dash..... Dang forgot about that but it should not take too long to figure something out.

I made some calls for insurance and I am waiting for a packet any day now. I also realized I must have organized my title to a very safe place a few years ago when I moved some files around as I could not find it anywhere. So yesterday I went to the BMV to get a new title. Things are moving along, sometimes they even take a step forward.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been a little under the weather this week with the usual shtuff but made a little progress. I need to finish up the headlights to be able to get it on the road. Almost finished with one and well on the way with the other.
30164272317_130b62a34d_c.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That looks incredible! You're going to have people asking where you got those every time you take it out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Staff online

Members online