The Tangerine Machine Build Thread

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wrong injectors could cause smoke if they are too large... they'll flood the cyliner and itll run rich :)

anyways, thats awesome that you tear into your own car! FTW!

also, i like those deep dish on the back. are you keeping those?

OP
OP
fry

fry

Reaction score
wrong injectors could cause smoke if they are too large... they'll flood the cyliner and itll run rich :)

anyways, thats awesome that you tear into your own car! FTW!

also, i like those deep dish on the back. are you keeping those?

haha actually I think the fuel injectors are the right ones. I thought since I did the PI swap that I needed to switch the injectors to the pink ones, but I read on another forum that the computer is programmed to the yellow ones so those are the ones it needs. You mean my deep dish wheels? haha I'm def keeping them! lol I bought them from Lethal Performance, they're amazing haha.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea. ive never changed injectors during a PI swap.

i suggest giving them one step bump if you get the car dyno tuned. that way you have some room to grow. But you dont want to swap out MAFs and Injectors and such without a tune ;) But im sure you knew that.

OP
OP
fry

fry

Reaction score
I went through and reread this thread. I got everything sorted out with the motor. I need new o2 sensors, I new midpipe and a tune. I've really just been changing the oil and that's it. I've put 9k miles on it since I did the motor. I dont think I mentioned it but I also put a new center force clutch in it when we did the motor, or a little after can't remember. We also put an aluminum flywheel in it, it was a huge difference and took a lot of getting used to.

About a month ago I hit a deer at 60mph. It shattered the headlight panel and the headlights. Luckily I happened to have a headlight panel in my barn... I put everything back together, again. The hood is a little broken, but I wanna swap it out anyway. Someone gave me an old set of headlights but they're broken so I need to replace all that shit too. I also found someone to paint it, when I have something else to drive.

So that's where the car is at. I'm ready to take it to the track. Dont need headlights or paint to go fast haha.

OP
OP
fry

fry

Reaction score
Thanks y'all.

I'm going tomorrow to harvest parts off my parts car for the last time. Finally gonna have air bags! I may have some things to sell too haha.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can't wait til your car is returned back to its former glory!

Then I demand a photoshoot be posted!

OP
OP
fry

fry

Reaction score
I can't wait til your car is returned back to its former glory!

Then I demand a photoshoot be posted!

Believe me, when its all one color y'all are gonna get sick of seeing pictures of my car. The internet will ban me from uploading pictures there will be so many.

Speaking of which! My car is in December's 5.0 magazine!! The back is anyway, in the article about mustang week.

OP
OP
fry

fry

Reaction score
Well, a lot has happened to my car since last November! I hit a deer and tore up the front end again. The headlights and headlight panel was broken. I had some spare parts so I patched it back up again and ate the deer for supper.

I graduated from auto tech in December.

Then I hit another deer. This time the damage was far worse. The frame has more damage than it already had. The headlights and headlight panel are gone. Even the bumper was broken. Well I sold the broken bumper and now the car sits as it is.

I bought a 98 wrangler TJ for a daily driver, but its turning more into a project than I anticipated.

Meanwhile I've given up on the tangerine thing. I plan to buy a roller and swap my drive train in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online