Tire and suspension help needed.

dngnmn

Reaction score
Car is a 1999, convertible, v6, auto, 156K miles. I am fixing the car up for my wife to drive. It still has the original struts and shocks. not making any noises, but rides bad. I would like to replace the struts, shocks, wheels and tires. I need recommendations. Especially interested in larger tire and wheel combos which will fit. TIA

Darhawk

Reaction score
Blistein shocks and H&R super sport springs! Best combo ever IMHO!:eek: Check out American Muscle . com lots of parts there and Latemodelresto is a great place for parts.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I agree with Darhawk....Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable shocks & struts are great too! On sale 25% off too

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Car is a 1999, convertible, v6, auto, 156K miles. I am fixing the car up for my wife to drive. It still has the original struts and shocks. not making any noises, but rides bad. I would like to replace the struts, shocks, wheels and tires. I need recommendations. Especially interested in larger tire and wheel combos which will fit. TIA
Honestly, your only problem is wear and age on your suspension components. I would replace with new OEM struts, shocks and bushings and be done with it. As far as wheels and tires, wheels are a personal choice but I do like the Hankook tire lineup for an inexpensive tire options. If price is of no concern then Michelin Pilot Sport lineup is another personal favorite.

OP
OP
D

dngnmn

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I retired from Michelin Tire in 2008 after 30 years with the company. Tire prices aren't a problem. I would like to know what size will fit on the car without issues. What wheel size and required backspacing to make it fit.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+20 to +28 offset is a good rule of thumb for a proper wheel setup. Usually no larger than a 275 up front and a 315 out back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online