UPR K members..

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=15705]mcglsr2[/MENTION] only question is, what are you doing with a video of dalamar brushing his teeth?!?!? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kb1982

Reaction score
If my UPR k member ever fails, Ill be sure to post it up. Ive looked it over pretty thoroughly, and all in all, it seems to be pretty well built. The welds definitely dont look like they were TIG, but they look to be plenty sufficient. Im not saying all parts from them will come this. Even welders have wild drunken nights and hangovers in the morning. At that piont, its quality controls job to make the welder grind that crap weld off and lay down a quality weld. Now would I buy another UPR product??? Heck no. Their customer service was very lacking after I placed my order. As for the k member, it came installed on the car already.

I noticed the engine in my car was sitting at an odd angle. After poking around, I noticed that one of the alignment tabs on the motor mount wasnt sitting in the hole on the pads. I dug up some info, and found out that the hole on the pads arent for the tabs on the actual motor mounts, but they are for aligning the parts in their jig when they are made. Solution, cut the tab off or get motor mounts that dont have the tabs. After the awe inspiring confidence that the installer of the motor instilled in me, I decided to check the squareness of the k member to the rear control arms using a plum bob. And of course it was off also. Even with top of the line parts, if whoever installs them doesnt do it properly, the outcome will become subpar at the best.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If my UPR k member ever fails, Ill be sure to post it up. Ive looked it over pretty thoroughly, and all in all, it seems to be pretty well built. The welds definitely dont look like they were TIG, but they look to be plenty sufficient. Im not saying all parts from them will come this. Even welders have wild drunken nights and hangovers in the morning. At that piont, its quality controls job to make the welder grind that crap weld off and lay down a quality weld. Now would I buy another UPR product??? Heck no. Their customer service was very lacking after I placed my order. As for the k member, it came installed on the car already.

I noticed the engine in my car was sitting at an odd angle. After poking around, I noticed the one off the alignment tabs on the motor mount wasnt sitting in the hole on the pads. I dug up some info, and found out that the hole on the pads arent for the tabs on the actual motor mounts, but they are for aligning the parts in their jig when they are made. Solution, cut the tab off or get motor mounts that dont have the tabs. After the awe inspiring confidence that the installer of the motor instilled in me, I decided to check the squareness of the k member to the rear control arms using a plum bob. And of course it was off also. Even with top of the line parts, if whoever installs them doesnt do it properally, the outcome will become subpar at the best.

Almost every company I've looked at who makes k-members states that you are suppose to remove the tab on factory style motor mounts. I've noticed this recently while looking around at k-members

Sinned83

Reaction score
I think I had better luck getting through to my comatose grandfather than some of you UPR guys. Bottom line is there is a price to be paid for quality craftsmanship and customer service!

Wichers123

Reaction score
Almost every company I've looked at who makes k-members states that you are suppose to remove the tab on factory style motor mounts. I've noticed this recently while looking around at k-members

I know 100% for sure I did not cut my piece off and they fit correctly in the slot. I also did not have to adjust my kmember after install asi left everything loose till I had every bolt in, then tighten it up diagonally.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a funny pic once in a while but you've posted 10 in the past 2 pages.
And just because you can work some hand tools and install parts doesn't mean you should. Lol how about this you save money on doing the job yourself then paying someone "knowledgable" to do the job, I save money on buying cheaper parts and understanding that I might have to adjust or install "correctly".

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know 100% for sure I did not cut my piece off and they fit correctly in the slot. I also did not have to adjust my kmember after install asi left everything loose till I had every bolt in, then tighten it up diagonally.

Not arguin, just stating what's posted on most companies sites about that.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I don't buy cheap shit. Been bitten too many times.

I also don't buy from UPR who steals other people's shit and reproduces it with shitty quality. That can go f()ck themselves.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
And just because you can work some hand tools and install parts doesn't mean you should. Lol how about this you save money on doing the job yourself then paying someone "knowledgable" to do the job, I save money on buying cheaper parts and understanding that I might have to adjust or install "correctly".

and who are you to say someone shouldn't install their own stuff? The only problem I've had with parts being installed incorrectly is the one thing I've paid someone to install on my car. So just because someone is "certified" doesn't mean they'll always do a better job at something. I like working on my own stuff and I do a good job doing it, if it's something outside of what I can handle I bring it somewhere else or I get help, but so far that hasn't happened more than once.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I like working on my own stuff and I do a good job doing it, if it's something outside of what I can handle I bring it somewhere else or I get help, but so far that hasn't happened more than once.

Or he messages me...

[emoji6]

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Paying someone else to work on your shit and expecting them to do a good job is a one-way ticket to disappointment.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paying someone else to work on your shit and expecting them to do a good job is a one-way ticket to disappointment.

I unfortunately find that my dr's take less pride in their work then my mechanic when I need him.

spank 141

Reaction score
Just because your magnaflow pipe was 550 and fit perfectly does not mean mine was 550 and fit perfect. It is just like upr some people have a bad time with there shit some people do not.

Now for the bolt on crowd with no imaginative skills here is how sand paper made the pipe fit. The fit with the magnaflow cat back was very tight and the pipes from the cat back wouldn't go all the way in. I took some sand paper and ran it over the outside of one pipe and the inside of the other pipe until they fit together. What the hell else would I have done with sandpaper? NOT EVERYTHING FITS RIGHT ALL THE TIME.

As far as the duct tape that is all over the internet on anything from Honda forums to BMW forums. It is not because of UPR.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
a3a8cabff3cee4dbcf80dc26265ef434.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
.........in deep Elvis voice......."well thank'ya thank'ya very much......"

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've had upr products on my car for a long time . I'm pretty sure it's only the pushrod cars that you need to grind the alignment dowel off of . I'm really curious to know about the customer service issues Shirad at UPR has been awesome to deal with and always got me my parts right away . The welds on all my stuff look pretty good I've had these parts for like 3.5 years now if I wanted a k member barely lighter then my stock unit I would have went MM

cameron57

Reaction score
I had upr on my old car never had a issue. My buddy now owns the car and doesnt have any issues.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mustard that might make sense if the point of a K member was to be light weight but it's not, that's just a secondary benefit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online