What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

dwcopple

Reaction score
Just got done doing the third (per side) brake light mod to my 98. Easy mod. Got a 2 pack of 3157 sockets off Amazon for $8. Wired in easily and looks way cooler when on the binders now. I was amazed at the foliage debris behind the tail lamp housings. Wow!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I really hope I did not discover something bad on the car today........ I need to get some info from the manf to be sure and now I just hope they are open today and I don't have to wait till monday.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope I did not discover something bad on the car today........ I need to get some info from the manf to be sure and now I just hope they are open today and I don't have to wait till monday.

Details fawker!!!???!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Details fawker!!!???!!!

it appears I am fucked on the ridetech air ride controller... The VERY VERY VERY last thing I had to do on my list was to program the air ride height presets before I took it for an alignment. This is important because you have the alignment done on preset #2 and this is normally as simple as getting it to the height you want and then holding down preset 1/2/3 for 5 secs and it programs. The problem is that I had to move 2 of my ride height sensors because the larger wheels would rub them on full turn. This changed the height sensor readings a little and I have never reprogrammed them because it wasn't on the road. Last night I went to go program the settings and it gave me an error about cross psi overloaded or some bs and would not program. I tried to rerun the initial set up to reprogram everything and it locks up and never starts it. Last week I wanted to turn the option off where when you power it up it automatically goes to preset #2 but I wasn't able to. Every time I changed it, and exited the menu it would turn it back on automatically. I called ridetech and talked to them an they said that the version 13 software that is on mine was known to be a bit buggy and also didn't like to be reflashed or updated... At that time it wasn't a deal breaker that I could not turn the #2 on power option off, but now that I can't reprogram the ride height settings I really have no accurate way to get back to the same height so I can drive it after I control it to get it close enough with the only penalty being that I will chew through "19 tires which is a pretty cheap option. When I talked to them last week they said they could give me a deal on a new control system(still not cheap) but the new one uses your phone as a display and then you have button that goes in the cig lighter for the presets. Now knowing that they could not make a hardwired display that could be upgraded/reprogrammed I have no faith that using my phone as display would leave me in any different situation another 5-6 yrs down the road knowing how often I drop and upgrade my phone and that the support for upgrades on these will eventually end. This would also mean I would need to figure out a way to fill the hole in the overhead console I installed and flush mounted the display into and that does not make me happy.

It looks like I have a nice ridetech paperweight that if I use it will make lots of rubber tire paper weights. The idea of having to tear out the old system and then try to integrate the ridetech sensors into a different system or rerunning all that fucking wiring, making the display pretty as well as paying an arm and a leg for another system is not how I wanted to spend the holiday weekend but its where I am at. If anyone wants a ridetech hoodey and hat let me know there is no way I am gonna sport their stuff anymore no matter if they are local to me or not. Fuck I would even need to repaint my tank to get the ridetech logo off fuck fuck fuck....

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it appears I am fucked on the ridetech air ride controller... The VERY VERY VERY last thing I had to do on my list was to program the air ride height presets before I took it for an alignment. This is important because you have the alignment done on preset #2 and this is normally as simple as getting it to the height you want and then holding down preset 1/2/3 for 5 secs and it programs. The problem is that I had to move 2 of my ride height sensors because the larger wheels would rub them on full turn. This changed the height sensor readings a little and I have never reprogrammed them because it wasn't on the road. Last night I went to go program the settings and it gave me an error about cross psi overloaded or some bs and would not program. I tried to rerun the initial set up to reprogram everything and it locks up and never starts it. Last week I wanted to turn the option off where when you power it up it automatically goes to preset #2 but I wasn't able to. Every time I changed it, and exited the menu it would turn it back on automatically. I called ridetech and talked to them an they said that the version 13 software that is on mine was known to be a bit buggy and also didn't like to be reflashed or updated... At that time it wasn't a deal breaker that I could not turn the #2 on power option off, but now that I can't reprogram the ride height settings I really have no accurate way to get back to the same height so I can drive it after I control it to get it close enough with the only penalty being that I will chew through "19 tires which is a pretty cheap option. When I talked to them last week they said they could give me a deal on a new control system(still not cheap) but the new one uses your phone as a display and then you have button that goes in the cig lighter for the presets. Now knowing that they could not make a hardwired display that could be upgraded/reprogrammed I have no faith that using my phone as display would leave me in any different situation another 5-6 yrs down the road knowing how often I drop and upgrade my phone and that the support for upgrades on these will eventually end. This would also mean I would need to figure out a way to fill the hole in the overhead console I installed and flush mounted the display into and that does not make me happy.

It looks like I have a nice ridetech paperweight that if I use it will make lots of rubber tire paper weights. The idea of having to tear out the old system and then try to integrate the ridetech sensors into a different system or rerunning all that fucking wiring, making the display pretty as well as paying an arm and a leg for another system is not how I wanted to spend the holiday weekend but its where I am at. If anyone wants a ridetech hoodey and hat let me know there is no way I am gonna sport their stuff anymore no matter if they are local to me or not. Fuck I would even need to repaint my tank to get the ridetech logo off fuck fuck fuck....

This is why I enjoyed the days of just hitting switches and knowing how high up or low you were. Then when we stopped doing hydraulics and went to air ride we still used the same switches but gained fun little gauges to watch.

Point is, we didn’t need controllers. Go old school and keep it simple. Works just fine every time.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
This is why I enjoyed the days of just hitting switches and knowing how high up or low you were. Then when we stopped doing hydraulics and went to air ride we still used the same switches but gained fun little gauges to watch.

Point is, we didn’t need controllers. Go old school and keep it simple. Works just fine every time.

I considered this and if I were just going to make a show/instagram queen and rolling around on little 16" tires in a minitruck it would be fine. I didn't spend as much as I did to have something I am afraid to drive hard. I planned on driving it and hopefully driving it hard from time to time and if I didn't plan on going fast occasionally or plan on this lasting more than a few years it would be no big deal.

Werecow

Reaction score
He's about 4 months old, I named him Tiglet.A friend gave him to me after my lil buddy passed away from feline renal failure back in the spring. He's really helped me move forward from that, if I could just teach the lil booger to stop biting my arms!!

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Sucked a litre of water out of the rear drivers side carpet where she's still sodding well leaking somewhere in heavy rain...

TMW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online