What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Werecow

Reaction score
Shit, I didn't think those things migrated west of the Mississippi...

joe65

Reaction score
loaded up the 5.0 on the Fed Ex Freight truck last night for a trip back to Nebraska. Hopefully they figure out quickly that it was an assembly or part failure and send another one back to us. We'll see...20200704_164141.jpg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Today I attempted to open the door on my garage man , those dam things are every where
Made a trip to Walmart and picked up 3 more bug zappers and put one in each garage
And 3 large ones out side
When I get them killed I will show more pics of this crazy shit
It is really bad

Werecow

Reaction score
WE ARE STILL WORKING ON THE DANM DOOR PINS!! Bottom was easy to get out, top not so much... Had to get a tougher Dremel, went on a 110 mile round trip to find one and the stuff to do it with.. got it cut in two, had the top of it ground off flat even last night but no joy, even with it cut in two... Will not drive up or down.. MOTHERFUDGIN SOMNOMBATCHIN ICEHOLE!!!! WILL NOT GO!!! It's driving the hinge up and down at this point.. any suggestions please???? IMG_20200709_191812154.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
WE ARE STILL WORKING ON THE DANM DOOR PINS!! Bottom was easy to get out, top not so much... Had to get a tougher Dremel, went on a 110 mile round trip to find one and the stuff to do it with.. got it cut in two, had the top of it ground off flat even last night but no joy, even with it cut in two... Will not drive up or down.. MOTHERFUDGIN SOMNOMBATCHIN ICEHOLE!!!! WILL NOT GO!!! It's driving the hinge up and down at this point.. any suggestions please???? View attachment 5467

Grab a buddy. Unbolt the hinges and take the door off of the car. Give yourself a better working position.

Werecow

Reaction score
Would love to unbolt em but they are welded to the doors and the body, only way of separating them is the door pins.. I've got my ex-wife helping me out (she's a good mechanic) there's no way I'd attempt this by myself. I know my luck, I'd wind up dropping the door in the middle of my gravel driveway!! IMG_20200709_201725363.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Josh from ridetech was nice enough to reach out to me and call to see if he could help with the controller errors. We looked at a couple of things and he is checking into seeing what else he can do to help but its hard to expect support for a product they quit making 5 yrs ago. The other system is supposed to arrive tomorrow so one way or another I will make some forward progress if we can't get the old one or its equivalent working. Its still starting up nice and easy though.

Werecow

Reaction score
Welp, from what I've been able to find out, 90 ^ foxes used pins that were braded on the top pin and splined as well...so they won't drive back up I'm assuming (yeh I kno) but the danm things won't drive back down either.. we've beat on it all evening yesterday after cutting the brad off the top, and today after cutting it in half.. No joy.. I'm thinking of drilling and blasting next... (Yes I tried drilling but my bits wouldn't cut it, just made squeaky noises.)

Werecow

Reaction score
I'll give it a looky-loo as soon as I can, they're calling for rain today so it may be tomorrow before we can get back on it again. We are both worn out from fighting it and chasing down stuff to work on it with the last two days...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I don't remember to well , its been a really long time
I believe we used to unbolt the doors hinges and all from the inside of the kick panels

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I tried to get the old system going but I guess its time for a change as this arrived today. I am going to get a little crazy with the display and fire up the cnc to cut some acrylic and aluminum for trim around it.
gfVTvB7.jpg

my first impression is its really well made. The display is a solid made from metal as well as the manifold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online

No members online now.