What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I returned the stang to what has become its normal position back on jackstands. I am installing the ride height sensors for the air ride and will need to remove the front wheels and be able to cycle the suspension to make sure they are working.

Werecow

Reaction score
Got about 3 posts up on Project Cherry Bomb!! Actually been really busy the past 2 days even in this danm heat!! Even posted some good news everyone!!

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Turned 140,000 miles.
01d9f86bbf2ea1485207332ab202649c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got the dirty work(holes drilled/tapped and the sensor mounted) for the 3rd height sensor done. I need to see how far the suspension travel is now and cut/connect the pushrod to the sensor. I also finally got the overhead console for the digital display to lay out nice and flat and got it into paint to cure before I finish it all hopefully tonight. I had some issues with a layer separating and had to go back a few steps for it earlier in the week from rushing things a little. I painted it and the tank black pearl midnight moon or something like that. Its a really cool color that looks black until direct light hits it and then it has a nice dark blue pearl in it.

Werecow

Reaction score
Ok I need electrical help... I checked all the fuses on Cherry Bomb, (gotta remember she's a '90 model, no fuse panel under the hood) so I tried to hook the battery up for a test run.. No smoke, guages swept on dash, looked good.. showed battery low tho and heard really faint ding ding.. Oh shit dead battery.. unhooked battery checked voltage, 12.8 hmmm checked for good ground, shows good ground (more on this in a min). Tried it agn, expected a different result right?? Plug in power window to try and lower DS window at least cause I need to install it.. Nada... Door locks won't even click... Wtf mate?? So unplug it agn trace ground, it's got 1 ground wire bolted to engine block. Question.. do I need to make a IDK... 4 guage or so sperate wire from ground post to body for a better ground or does my issue lay elsewhere?? I know we gots electrical ppl here halp!!!!!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ok I need electrical help... I checked all the fuses on Cherry Bomb, (gotta remember she's a '90 model, no fuse panel under the hood) so I tried to hook the battery up for a test run.. No smoke, guages swept on dash, looked good.. showed battery low tho and heard really faint ding ding.. Oh shit dead battery.. unhooked battery checked voltage, 12.8 hmmm checked for good ground, shows good ground (more on this in a min). Tried it agn, expected a different result right?? Plug in power window to try and lower DS window at least cause I need to install it.. Nada... Door locks won't even click... Wtf mate?? So unplug it agn trace ground, it's got 1 ground wire bolted to engine block. Question.. do I need to make a IDK... 4 guage or so sperate wire from ground post to body for a better ground or does my issue lay elsewhere?? I know we gots electrical ppl here halp!!!!!

You can never have enough ground wires and #4 would be a good size. Should be another ground off of the battery to the core support and one by the computer. The ground by the ECU is for the harness and could be some of your issue.

Werecow

Reaction score
Aight, I was looking at the core support as a place to hook the extra ground I made and I'll check the ECU to see if it's got one. I hadn't thought of the ECU, good thinking!!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Is it not starting
I'm a little confused about the way you are explaining sorry
If not starting check the starter relay on the fender wall cables and all starter wire included

Werecow

Reaction score
Oh no, I wasn't checking the starter, I just hooked up the battery to check the rest of the electrics on it. I wanted to make sure that I could get power to everything else first! I'm just doing baby steps with the wiring on it right now! All I was trying out simply hooking up the battery and checking out key on dash, was gnna just try to roll the driver's side mechanism down so I could move forward with the window installation sometime this week. But it looks like ima have to work on getting a better ground sorted out first then go from there... I replaced the hot side battery cable with a new cable, one of those pre-made deals. The one it had on it was a splice on the terminal end type deal, and I wasn't gnna start off with that.. So I know the hot side cable is a good one.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Tried getting the new to me k&n cai installed on the 02. I guess the supplied adaptor is too small and I can’t find the one I bought for the jlt I had on there. Now I need that and a filter and life will be good again.

91d1c923dce0f49d38926fa949bae0e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk